+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moats at the combines

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Re: Moats at the combines

It's in the Insiders section you have to pay for.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    I looked on ESPN and can't find the bench press info you say. Can you provide a link? It was my understanding that Ryan was among the strongest so i would like to see for myself.

I also looked at past combine results going back 5 years and 19 reps for a 210 lb back is exceptional.
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05...odd&id=2001739

There's the link to ESPN Insider. Todd McShay has done a great job of covering the NFL combine.

By the way, I never said that 19 reps for a 210lb. is not exceptional. I just said that he wasn't the second strongest back at the combine. That in itself is saying a lot considering he is 210lbs. Ryan is very strong for his size. Pound for pound I will take him over anybody in this draft.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Backs with 19 or more reps: (weight in parenthesis)

27 -- T.A. McClendon, N.C. State (235)

23 -- Lionel Gates, Louisville (222)
    Darren Sproles, Kansas State (187)

22 -- Maurice Clarett, Ohio State (234)

21 -- Alex Haynes, Central Florida (223)

20 -- Marion Barber III, Minnesota (221)

19 -- Brandon Jacobs, S. Illinois (267)
    Ryan Moats, Louisiana Tech (210)
    Vernand Morency, Okla. State (212)
    Carnell Williams, Auburn (217)

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Ryan is very strong for his size. Pound for pound I will take him over anybody in this draft.
    I agree! Ryan is going to be just fine even if he didnt set the bench press record.

I bet Sproles was bouncing the bar off his chest to get 23 reps, i want an investigation!

seriously though, Moats is pound for pound the best overall prospect in my eyes, however slanted they may be.

We will see what happens in the coming years, i would not bet against Moatsy anymore. Hogdawg :icon_wink

+ Reply to Thread