+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moats at the combines

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Re: Moats at the combines

Hogdawg and LSUcks should just run the race and get it over with.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

ESPN.com: NFL Draft 2005

Updated: March 1, 10:22 AM ET

By Todd McShay
    Scouts Inc.

Ryan Moats, Louisiana Tech

5' 08 1/4"
    210lbs.
    31.4 Arm
    8.7 Hand
    19 reps Bench
    4.49 40

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

19 reps at 225 for a 210lb RB is very good i would think....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    19 reps at 225 for a 210lb RB is very good i would think....
    I wonder what most of the backs were averaging. I'd have to think that Moats did very well.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I wonder what most of the backs were averaging. I'd have to think that Moats did very well.
    The 19 reps at 225 lbs was the 2nd best among all running backs!

and that the ruston daily leader is reporting that the draft insiders digest has Ryan listed as the 4th best available RB, up from 7th!

also reported in the leader is that the NY Jets have expressed an "extra amount of interest."

Wow.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Heard on the ESPN station out of Dallas yesterday that Ryan is going to be the steal of the draft for whoever gets him. They were also talking Matt Jones up alot too, saying Jerry Jones was interested in him.

no question he will go in the first 3 rounds but now I would say 2nd round is likely.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

There has to be something special about Ryan. It's seems that no matter what he does it turns out great. As usual when I'm watching this kid perform a big smile is on my face. Can't wait to see him play on Sunday.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Moats at the combines

19 reps @ 225? Hell, Aub can pump out at least 50 with that weight.

I have my Ryan Moats Autographed elbow pad ready to encase with a Tech photo (that I plan to buy from Dawgpix) along with his new NFL picture after he goes early in the second round. Hopefully, he goes to the cowboys or Saints so I can watch him play every weekend.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

and that the ruston daily leader is reporting that the draft insiders digest has Ryan listed as the 4th best available RB, up from 7th!

also reported in the leader is that the NY Jets have expressed an "extra amount of interest."

Wow.
    Man, if Ryan could go to the Jets and get to spend some time under the wing of Curtis Martin.... talk about priceless!

One year learning from Curtis Martin would easily make up for the 3 he spent in Bicknell's program.

TF

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

And the Jet's use a fullback too, what a novel concept.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    19 reps @ 225? Hell, Aub can pump out at least 50 with that weight.

I have my Ryan Moats Autographed elbow pad ready to encase with a Tech photo (that I plan to buy from Dawgpix) along with his new NFL picture after he goes early in the second round. Hopefully, he goes to the cowboys or Saints so I can watch him play every weekend.
    Another reason to get NFL Sunday Ticket from Directv.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I don't like the NFL enough to have to pay for it. Thanks though. I have kept up with Edwards and Rattay careers through box scores on a Monday morning.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Wow.
    I looked up on ESPN and I found 10 other running backs with 19 or more reps. Most of those guys weigh in at 225lb. or more. Not saying that Ryan's 19 is bad because he's also the fourth fastest back at the combine. He's only 5'8" and I think it is somewhat an advantage to him. He has a lower center of gravity so it's harder to bring him down. Most defenders can't arm tackle him or hit him high and tackle him because he is so strong. I think since he did run under 4.5 he will be selected on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    I looked up on ESPN and I found 10 other running backs with 19 or more reps. Most of those guys weigh in at 225lb. or more. Not saying that Ryan's 19 is bad because he's also the fourth fastest back at the combine. He's only 5'8" and I think it is somewhat an advantage to him. He has a lower center of gravity so it's harder to bring him down. Most defenders can't arm tackle him or hit him high and tackle him because he is so strong. I think since he did run under 4.5 he will be selected on the first day.
    I looked on ESPN and can't find the bench press info you say. Can you provide a link? It was my understanding that Ryan was among the strongest so i would like to see for myself.

I also looked at past combine results going back 5 years and 19 reps for a 210 lb back is exceptional.

+ Reply to Thread