+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New football jerseys for 05

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

New football jerseys for 05

Had lunch with Zac Champion today and he said he and a fewother guys were trying on some nice looking new jerseys from Russell and he was real excited about spring. So am I. Time for some new ones.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: New football jerseys for 05

Window dressing.

While I'm sure the jerseys are going to look nice, I would much rather see as much effort going into improving something that LASTS rather than clothes.

TDF

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to hear, but my first thought was, "OMG.. they spent money..." Probably for Oakes to go to the candy machine, he has to sit for a moment and go through his financing. However, even though it's not like winning football games.. it's something positive, so I won't flame this decent news. I hope they look sharp. I also wanna see Champion tear up the field this season!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Window dressing.

While I'm sure the jerseys are going to look nice, I would much rather see as much effort going into improving something that LASTS rather than clothes.

TDF
    You have a point but there is a feeling amongst players past and present they they are not taken care of by the Tech athletic department and this will help that a little plus it was past time for some new unis. These have got to be 5 years old at least. They deserve something for themselves for the beatings we took last year on the road. The baseball team got new unis this season as well and this is something players get excited about and something small that says we care and we want to take care of you. This attitude and feeling of being taken care of and provided for is far from where it should be but this is better than nothing.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that when you have a contract with someone like Russell, Nike, Addidas, etc. that the company actually pays the university to wear and use their equipment. I might be wrong but that was how I have always understood it to be.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that when you have a contract with someone like Russell, Nike, Addidas, etc. that the company actually pays the university to wear and use their equipment. I might be wrong but that was how I have always understood it to be.
    you are almost right on that. With Adidas, they gave us a discount on apparal and they gave the coaches a lot of stuff as a part of the contract. Willison does this too.

i am interested in seeing these new uniforms....I remember back when we changed them in 2000. I know that some did not like them, but I thought they were quite nice. With or without the UCLA inserts on the shoulders, Tech's uniforms have always looked sweet!

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    ...plus it was past time for some new unis. These have got to be 5 years old at least.
    Actually, no they are not. We got the new uniforms without the UCLA inserts back in 2000. In 2002/2003 we went back to the inserts. So the uniforms from last year are 2yrs old which is the common cycle of Tech uniforms.

Every 2yrs you order a new set (both Home and Away if there is enough funds and need).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As long as they keep the UCLA stripes and the blood line on the pants -

None of the hooky "broad" stripe one color mess like all the other colleges and pros have -

Keep it classic, keep it simple - keep it tranditional -

One thing I will say about LSU - for the most part they leave the jersies alone - which is a good thing (even though they use yellow instead of gold)...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Arkansas State just got a shoe contract with adidas, according to papers in Arkansas. Don't know about the jersies, gloves, socks, underarmor, etc.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    You have a point but there is a feeling amongst players past and present they they are not taken care of by the Tech athletic department and this will help that a little plus it was past time for some new unis. This attitude and feeling of being taken care of and provided for is far from where it should be but this is better than nothing.
    I am glad you are the spokesperson for past and present players. Sounds more like we have some babies on squad. Break out the whining towls....geezzz!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I'm excited to see the new uniforms. Just keep the helmet the same the shoulder stripes also

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The crappy part is I just bought a Tech Jersey with the WAC patch and now I have to have the new one also.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

If you don't want it...i'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    I am glad you are the spokesperson for past and present players. Sounds more like we have some babies on squad. Break out the whining towls....geezzz!
    Not the official spokesperson or ambassador just stating the facts. Players know guys from other schools that are well taken care of and they get the shaft from our Athletic Department while they are here.

We should want to take care of them, legally, and make them feel good about contributing to Tech so that when they graduate and leave, get a job, or go to the NFL, they will still want to be involved with Tech athletics and giving back to their University and that isn't the sentiment among a lot of players past and present. What are we going to do about it.......nothing.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG
    The crappy part is I just bought a Tech Jersey with the WAC patch and now I have to have the new one also.
    That would be GOOD marketing on our part for merchandise sales - but alas, its just happenstance...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread