+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New football jerseys for 05

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: New football jerseys for 05

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Not the official spokesperson or ambassador just stating the facts. Players know guys from other schools that are well taken care of and they get the shaft from our Athletic Department while they are here.

We should want to take care of them, legally, and make them feel good about contributing to Tech so that when they graduate and leave, get a job, or go to the NFL, they will still want to be involved with Tech athletics and giving back to their University and that isn't the sentiment among a lot of players past and present. What are we going to do about it.......nothing.

Just seems like that would be a common sense way to help recruiting too when these guys go back to their high schools or talk to their younger brothers etc.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Big Grin Re: New football jerseys for 05

No way I am giving up my TECH, WAC jersey. I want to wear it to Sunbelt or Southland conference games when we are playing in them as a member. LOL

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Not the official spokesperson or ambassador just stating the facts. Players know guys from other schools that are well taken care of and they get the shaft from our Athletic Department while they are here.

We should want to take care of them, legally, and make them feel good about contributing to Tech so that when they graduate and leave, get a job, or go to the NFL, they will still want to be involved with Tech athletics and giving back to their University and that isn't the sentiment among a lot of players past and present. What are we going to do about it.......nothing.
    Want facts? For starters, the players need to stop taking clothing from the locker room and then complaining about not being given anything in the first place. Theft makes up for most of the budget every season. In my 4 years with the program, I saw first had the players walking out with shorts, shirts, sweats, and other things and then come back the next day complaining they (a) never received anything, or (b) that the Equipment staff were refusing to give them anything at all. Option "B" was always fun when the players would get a coach to come back and tell us to give it to them anyway.

Maybe the players need to grow up a bit and then they might be given what ever they wanted with out any hassle. Give them everything because they might give back to the program IF they make it later on? Talk about spoiling the child and hoping they learn how the real world works.

Varsity Bulldog LSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the ears LSUcks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3
    Want facts? For starters, the players need to stop taking clothing from the locker room and then complaining about not being given anything in the first place. Theft makes up for most of the budget every season. In my 4 years with the program, I saw first had the players walking out with shorts, shirts, sweats, and other things and then come back the next day complaining they (a) never received anything, or (b) that the Equipment staff were refusing to give them anything at all. Option "B" was always fun when the players would get a coach to come back and tell us to give it to them anyway.

Maybe the players need to grow up a bit and then they might be given what ever they wanted with out any hassle. Give them everything because they might give back to the program IF they make it later on? Talk about spoiling the child and hoping they learn how the real world works.
    They should just let the players buy their own uniforms, at a discount price.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3

I am not talking just about clothing and I didn't say give them everything they want or don't need. I am talking about making them feel like they are important as athletes and that it is a special thing to play for Tech in whatever sport so they look back on their 4-5 years at Tech and it was a great experience and I want to do everything I can to give back. There certainly isn't a lot of giving back going on now from former players? Why not?

I am not saying no players took clothes and claimed they never got them either. Do we only give them one shirt and one pair of shorts to wear all season? Why not give them some and tell them to keep up with it and if they don't, they run or something. I see part of the problem is the coaches don't have any discipline once again over the players.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I am not talking just about clothing and I didn't say give them everything they want or don't need. I am talking about making them feel like they are important as athletes and that it is a special thing to play for Tech in whatever sport so they look back on their 4-5 years at Tech and it was a great experience and I want to do everything I can to give back. There certainly isn't a lot of giving back going on now from former players? Why not?

I am not saying no players took clothes and claimed they never got them either. Do we only give them one shirt and one pair of shorts to wear all season? Why not give them some and tell them to keep up with it and if they don't, they run or something. I see part of the problem is the coaches don't have any discipline once again over the players.
    Make them feel important? Hell, most of these guys have a hard time making it to class, why should they be given more than what they deserve? Back when I was handing out jocks, we gave each athlete one shirt, one under shirt, one pair of shorts, a pair of socks, a jock, tights, and cleats. Oh, that's at the start of Summer practace. They are given shirts, shorts, jackets, shoes, and lots of other things, during the season, that some will take before being told they can have it. You must think that the only way for a former player to give back to the program is if you coddle them and give them everything they think they deserve during their time at Tech. Why isn't there much being given back? Who knows. Might be they are asked a little too forcefully for money. Maybe they think that they will give back later when they have a lot to give. Who knows the reason, but giving the current players lots of clothing and other crap won't mean jack$#!+ in the long run.

We do tell them to keep up with the stuff they are given, but they take it home and complain when we told them that they need to keep up with their stuff. Hell, I remember that there was one player that had over 20 towels from the locker room. These towels were numbered for each player and he still took them because he thought he could. Those that had their towel taken had to bring their own (including one that brought a beach towel), and the equipment staff was complained about because they didn't want to give out towels. Nothing happens to the players for taking clothing. Let me say that again. NOTHING happens when they take something. They have the threat of punishment if they take stuff, but if they do, and don't have it for practace, the equipment staff is told to give it to them anyway. So does giving the players everything mean they won't take stuff? No. Does the lack of discipline make for theft? Oh Yeah. There is a way to start doing something, but the times that it has been tried has usually ment one extreme or the other and it doesn't work out. If something would be done, and done the right way, and the clothing problem was gone, the players would have enough shirts, shorts, and other things to fill a closet for years after they leave the program.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Back in the day, the GA's would steal the clothes out of player's lockers they didn't like and the coaching staff would run them till they returned the clothes.

Ran off alot of sorry people.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

The Hog football guys were getting six pairs of STREET shoes to wear off the field by the shoe sponsor a couple of years ago. They could choose basketball or running shoes or anything in the catalog. Nobody considered their practice and game shoes a gift! They toss out game-worn shoes with little or no grass stain and no wear on the cleats regularly. They walk to the dressing rooms across the pavement and don't worry about damaging the cleats.

All perks come with winning. Just win, boys!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    All perks come with winning. Just win, boys!
    Winning and a well-marketed program. It's amazing to me how the Hog games are still packed despite the past few slump years. The alumni are loyal and give tons...probably because they know their money will be well spent.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy funtimes is an unknown

It is true contracts used to be set up with vendors which provided for "free" merchandise. In the present time these actions are becoming less and less. Even the "big boys" as people refer to them, are limited in what they are provided.
    Shoe manufacturers now do everything based on a dollar value not just amount of product. LA Tech has some of these agreements set up with companies like Russell but remember they are purchasing everything they are getting. It is just bought at a discounted rate. These contracts are running out though as most were 3-4 year deals.
    Also coaches are not getting the product or money as they once did. These companies are cutting back in efforts to balance their promotional costs.

+ Reply to Thread