+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech thumping Grambling

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: Tech thumping Grambling

we got lazy...that's it. we came out fired up and then we went flat. pitching was lazy...we were lazy at the plate and in the infield. grambling came out passive and their starting pitching was weak...when we got up by nine and got comfortable grambling decided to go all out. we were beat on emotion. if you were there and heard the crowd you know that even grambling's fans had more emotion than we did they were yelling and cheering the whole time.

that being said, simineaux is a damn good caoch and i would not want to be at next practice if i were on that team...he'll get those guys to where they will play hard for 9 innings so this crap doesn't happen again.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    we were beat on emotion. if you were there and heard the crowd you know that even grambling's fans had more emotion than we did they were yelling and cheering the whole time.
    The one phrase that came to my head was one of head baseball coach Don Boniol of Alexandria Senior High (currently of Alexandria Country Day School):
    "Act like you've been there!". The Grambling fans weren't very classy and they acted as if they were as surprised as we were. The average Tech fan looked as if this was just another hit in a long line (being that it was). It was a tough loss....like I said, I don't know what to say.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i never said gsu fans were classy...far from it...they heckled one of our fans out of the stadium. but they did have more emotion. and you're right the tech fans acted like we had already lost the game when there was one gsu baserunner on in the top of the 9th.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Boi,

What are you doing awake? You should get to bed so you can go to your secure job in the morning. Only lazy-do-nothings like me and dhuss should be on the board at this hour.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Boi,

What are you doing awake? You should get to bed so you can go to your secure job in the morning. Only lazy-do-nothings like me and dhuss should be on the board at this hour.
    i'm off this wednesday and thursday...i'm also an insomniac. but thanks for the concern.

Varsity Bulldog LSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the ears LSUcks's Avatar

Lets not take credit away from grambling....They played hard and it paid off in the end.

Cedar Creek(class A) beat ASH(class AAAA)

Grambling beat Tech

Centenary beat LSU

This was the week of the giant-slayer.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Centenary has a better than usual ball club - they almost beat LSU last year -

Getting into the Mid-Con has really helped out their baseball program -

Behind TECH they are my 2nd favorite college team in the area -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    We are the

Tulane
    LSU
    ULL
    Northwestern
    Grambling

at best 6th best team in the STATE!

Pretty frustrating, if this is Keith Richards team I would bet on not winning another game all year. But it is not. Wade Simoneaux will turn this team around.

Might have to stick Centenary up there too. Way to go Gents.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Cedar Creek(class A) beat ASH(class AAAA)
    Is that really that big an accomplishment.

My alma mater (Class B) beats 4 or 5 4A and 5A teams a year.

Baseball is the one sport where one player (a dominating pitcher or a pitcher who just has a good night) can lead a less talented team to wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    A few years ago it was an accomplishment, but ASH has fallen far since their coach left. They are no longer the baseball powerhouse they were during the Don Boniol(father of Chris) era.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Centenary has a better than usual ball club - they almost beat LSU last year -

Getting into the Mid-Con has really helped out their baseball program -

Behind TECH they are my 2nd favorite college team in the area -
    I once knew a gymnast from Centenary. Wonder what happened to her?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

ASH is my alma matter and when I was a freshman we would have thumped any A, B, or C school with our JV. It just shows that some of Techs young guys are not ready even for Grambling. LSU just looked bad last night. They had a lot of their regular hitters in and only got two hits on the game. Pitching wise, they started a shaky guy Nall at first and he did not so well. Then big Faircloth came in and pissed on Centenary because he is a big time pitcher.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I once knew a gymnast from Centenary. Wonder what happened to her?
    Whoever red-dotted me for this one should get a look at this gymnast.

She was a hottie!!! She had a butt that you could....nevermind.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04

My alma mater (Class B) beats 4 or 5 4A and 5A teams a year.

Baseball is the one sport where one player (a dominating pitcher or a pitcher who just has a good night) can lead a less talented team to wins.
    I agree. You won't see this in college football because every game counts(that's why we shouldn't have playoffs) and it won't happen in college basketball because of the whole rpi thing.

But baseball is different. If I'm right conference games are the only ones that matter to get to Omaha and non-conference games are for getting ready for the conference games. I'm sure they mean something as in seeding or hosting regionals, but it won't knock you out of the college world series. All the LSU fans were saying "see you in Omaha". They still lost to Centenary though!

+ Reply to Thread