+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andre Daniels

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: Andre Daniels

Oh great, I'm on my way down with the red dot now. Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass if you give me 100 red dots, I'm still going to tell it like it is. If people don't agree with my assessment of Champion or any other player then go cry to your mama about mean ol '88.

Go Dawgs! Beat Rice

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Champion in several practices last year, he wasn't even close to as good as Kubik or Allen. Maybe I caught him on a bad day 3 times, but he was frazzled. It seemed like the game was too fast for him.

Bulldog Wade is an unknown

Ever watch Champion on the sideline? He stares at the ground instead of looking and learning! Good backup QBs stand near the Coach and listen to the play and break down things in their mind and see what happens on the field. I don’t see that with this kid. Been wrong before though.

Sorry to hear about the slow recovery by Allen. I would think that a healthy Kubik and Allen would be good enough to win. I would hope that we are good enough all around not to have to rely on QB to win games.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I'm a lot more concerned about all of our dropped passes than I am about Matt Kubik. We need major help/production from the WR position.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Champion will win the job this spring. Kubik can NOT run the kind of wide open offense we are going to have to run this year. Coaches have said they are going to open it up again. Allen still can't throw due to shoulder surgery so he may move to WR and seems doubtful for spring depending on when it starts.

No 2 TE sets this year b/c we only have 1 TE. That means 4-5 WR sets and I am sure we will run out of 4 WRs alot like Moats Sophmore year when he gained 1300+ at least that is what I am hoping for.
    Did Allen have another shoulder surgery after the season? I saw him make a pass at Boise St. last year at the end of the 4th quarter that would've made Terry Bradshaw proud, but Holland dropped the 50 yard bomb in the endzone.

I like Allen, and I wish he would've had another opportunity to start after he got hurt because Kubik didn't do anything to earn the starting spot. I think if Allen can get his act together and work on the intermediate passes then he will start in the fall.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Did Allen have another shoulder surgery after the season? I saw him make a pass at Boise St. last year at the end of the 4th quarter that would've made Terry Bradshaw proud, but Holland dropped the 50 yard bomb in the endzone.

I like Allen, and I wish he would've had another opportunity to start after he got hurt because Kubik didn't do anything to earn the starting spot. I think if Allen can get his act together and work on the intermediate passes then he will start in the fall.
    I agree.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Right on Binni. If all three are healthy, Allen is the best by far. Hopefully Matt will get his stuff together. I don't see Champion making a huge impact this year, but I sure wish he would. I hope we find a way for Allen to get back on the field regardless of where it is. The guy's got wheels. Maybe Wortzel will surprise us all. But, as has been previously stated, it won't matter who's chunking the ball if the WR's continue to drop them. Our new coach has his work cut out for him, but I think he's up for the challenge.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I will have to concur also. I was impressed by Allen at times when he played. He gave the offense a spark. Kubik just doesnt it quite give us a spark. He looks pretty mediocre out there, and we will be in desperate need of a playmaker next year on offense. Allen is the guy we need in there if he is healthy or whatever.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I like how Allen keeps pushing and pushing and goes wild when he does somethin' good. Kubik can get down on himself and it's like he just gets worse and worse if he starts screwing up, like in the UTEP game. Besides that, both QBs are at LEAST.. decent, if not good QBs and it was their first time to start. The friggin' recievers spoiled MANY touchdowns that we should've had last season. I just wanted to throw up for as many times as Holland would completely burn his guy and then drop the damn ball. If we can get those WRs to catch this year, we should be in great shape.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    Ever watch Champion on the sideline? He stares at the ground instead of looking and learning! Good backup QBs stand near the Coach and listen to the play and break down things in their mind and see what happens on the field. I don’t see that with this kid. Been wrong before though.

Sorry to hear about the slow recovery by Allen. I would think that a healthy Kubik and Allen would be good enough to win. I would hope that we are good enough all around not to have to rely on QB to win games.
    Honestly I would prefer Champion not stand next to Bicknell on the sidelines. His IQ will decrease dramatically.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to see this Worzel kid on the field. I would like to know why so many passed on him.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Isn't Holland tough enough to play tailback or run a reverse to get the ball without a pass now and then? His speed has to be exploited more. If the kids are getting new gloves for each game they have a lot of stickum built in. If they are having to wash and wear again, they might not be much help.
    Those gloves retail for $40-$45 per pair, more for the linemen and linebackers, whose gloves have padded outsides as well as stickum. HOWEVER, aididas, Nike, etc., pay about 50 cents a pair for them when they are put on the boat from China, so they can afford to give us a couple of thousand a year! Razorbacks NEVER wear them twice! And I bet Boise and Fresno receivers get a new pair for the second half of every game! You have to win and get on TV to get the equipment free. Funny system. Doesn't require giving equally to all. Just give to those who sell enough tickets not to need anything free!

What brand of football has the state and T logo for next year? Those are supposed to be free, also!

Varsity Bulldog Appledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really niceAppledog is just really nice Appledog's Avatar

KS Dawg -
    Just my opinion:

Here in the East is a huge population with a lot of HS football players, but yet only realatively few D1-A football programs. Lots of D1-AA, Div II & III programs.

D1-A
    NY has Syracuse, Buffalo (that i can think of now)
    NJ has Rutgers
    CT has UConn
    Mass has Boston College

Compared to La (with approx. 1/3 the population of NJ) but yet you have 5 D1A schools. (not to mention all the D1-AA's).

so just based on the numbers there are only a few QB opennings, though you have a lot of HS QB's available - so it is the reality that some kids don't end up where they want. NJ does have some good HS football, consequently these kids end up signing with schools all over the country - UCLA, Miami, USC -up and down the East coast. Penn State, BC, SU, and now UConn recruit NJ very hard.

Right now my guess is that some of the D1-A programs up here are trying to go the way of the M. Vick and D. McNabb types and maybe Worzel did not fit that mold.

In any event, I'm glad the young man is taking a chance on us and I hope that he becomes the next great QB from Tech. I think once he gets into the program and understand's the history of QB's at Tech (and the expectations) that its a wonderful opportunity for him to find out if he can really play at the next level.

One other point is that all the media attention up here is on the NFL - so you get little regional press on the HS football kids for most of the year.

+ Reply to Thread