+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Morale

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Team Morale

Our players, especially the guards, looked like they had just received a spanking before the game tonight. KR has consistently shown an inability to connect with his players. They were tight and timid and just plain shook up. We don't have a talent problem, our players have a psychological problem. I felt sorry for this team tonight, they played like sheep without a shepherd.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Team Morale

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    Our players, especially the guards, looked like they had just received a spanking before the game tonight. KR has consistently shown an inability to connect with his players. They were tight and timid and just plain shook up. We don't have a talent problem, our players have a psychological problem. I felt sorry for this team tonight, they played like sheep without a shepherd.
    We aren't that talented. I go back to the ULL game. They were far superior to us in athletic ability. I am still trying to figure out how we beat memphis.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    We aren't that talented. I go back to the ULL game. They were far superior to us in athletic ability. I am still trying to figure out how we beat memphis.
    how many games have you gone to this year? can you reply with an answer greater than 3 or 4? Yes ULL has better guards than tech but our starters are not that bad. At least they were not until about 5 games ago.

The guards were out of sorts last night. I dont know, maybe they were surprised to see more chearleaders than spectators.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    how many games have you gone to this year? can you reply with an answer greater than 3 or 4? Yes ULL has better guards than tech but our starters are not that bad. At least they were not until about 5 games ago.

The guards were out of sorts last night. I dont know, maybe they were surprised to see more chearleaders than spectators.
    What is our record? we struggled to beat Ouachita Baptist. What are they, division 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg

And I've seen enough games in person and on tv to know.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, your comments concerning Nevada's Fazekas and his lack of ability kinda disqualified you as a talent critic.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

still havent answered my question, i bet the answer is ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    To be honest, your comments concerning Nevada's Fazekas and his lack of ability kinda disqualified you as a talent critic.
    I never said he wasn't talented dude. I said he was a skinny white kid. So don't put words in my mouth. He is a hell of a lot better than anyone we have.

I have forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know.

You need to start remembering.

I never said he wasn't talented dude. I said he was a skinny white kid. So don't put words in my mouth. He is a hell of a lot better than anyone we have.
    Really glm? Hes a hell of a lot better than Paul? This from a guy who doesnt even see Paul in person?

Facsekas is about even with Paul and when they both get drafted next year or the year after dont be surprised to see them both go in the mid first round. Facsekas plays on a better coached team with better talent around him. That is the difference.

Have you forgotten that Paul is about to lead the NATION again in REBOUNDS??

GLM, pipe down until you attend some games.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

I have forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know.
    Did you really just say that?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I didn't make last nights game but I will vouch for Glen -

He has attended a pretty good number of ballgames this year -

And Alta I would venture to say that he as attended more over his tenure than you and Boxer combined -

And if I remember correctly his comment about Fazekas was very "tongue in cheek" - and truthfully right now, Paul is far from being the total player that Fazekas is -

And as much as Dawg80 and I disagree about things - he still makes several games a year from Nakatrash and usually sits right with me or in the same section I'm in - and just because we don't agree we are still pretty good buds -

This team is "spent" right now - the SMU game and UNO game just sucked what little life they had left in them right out - and truthfully we are smaller than most the teams in the WAC and not nearly as athletic, but you gotta play with what you got on the bench and that fully rests on KR's shoulders and as much as I was hoping he could turn it around, I just don't see it happening -

Unfortunately - like football we are probably going to have to see one more year of this before a change is even thought about being made - but don't expect that to fix the problem - because we DON'T value men's basketball at TECH, its not even a priority - it will be a bandaid fix at best -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Dwayne, just because somebody goes to a basketball game doesn't mean they understand basketball. Ever gone to a Techster game? Glen is still talking about ULL for goodness' sake.

I don't want to get into it with GLM, I like him, or anybody else for that matter. My point is that we have the talent to win in the WAC. No, we're not the most talented team in the league, but we have enough to succeed. The problem is with motivational coaching. KR has once again failed in that department.

I do believe we would've won at Boise if Wayne wasn't injured. I don't know about last night, our guys were pretty down.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 03-04-2005 at 09:32 AM.

Hey, Im just taking exception to two things glm said, both which are wrong.

Our guards are fine when it comes to athletic ability. Corey Dean can jump out of the gym! Shooting, free throw shooting, passing, and defense(a few things coachable) are where we lose in the WAC when it comes to guard play.

As far as anyone being "a hell of a lot better" than Paul Millsap, i dont think you can say that about any player in the county when comparing him to Paul. Paul is that good, he just needs help and a new coach.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Regarding the Millsap/Facsekas debate:

Nick F. plays on a team that is currently recieving 25 votes to be in the top 25. This team is head and shoulders above any other team in the WAC. Nevada will go to the big Dance whether or not they win the WAC championship and they may be the only WAC team that can say that. Facsekas plays with 2 other guys that are close to his height. Pickney is an amazing player at times. If you go look on the bench, there are 2 or 3 more 6'10"-7' players. His team has depth, composure, and a coach who's been to the dance before.

Paul is the only guy on this team with his kind of talent. He is the only big man who rebounds well. I love Wayne to death, but he's really more like a huge shooting guard. Millsap is the only defensive presence down low on our team. He is doubled by every team we play because we don't have a Pickney to make them pay for it (except for when Wayne is on the very top of his game-this has happened some this year). Unless he's in foul trouble, Paul is on the court (just like the rest of the guys). This team will not go to the dance unless it wins the WAC championship. We'll also more than likely be left out of the NIT.

How I see it, these two players are in very different circumstances. I think if you look at sheer athleticism, Paul is gonna win that every time. If you're looking at who is the better scorer, you've gotta give Nick the nod. IMHO, I think Paul could be just as successful if not more than Facsekas in the NBA where he doesn't have to shoulder so much of the load. I think if KR is able to recruit a dominating big man to take some of the pressure off of Paul, you'll see him emerge as one of the top players in the nation in more catagories (not that the rebounding crown for the second year in a row would be anything to scoff at). I hope we are able to see Paul's talent realized, but it's tough on him in this situation.

You Saints fans loved Archie Manning. He was a decent QB, but I don't think he'll ever be remembered with the Farves, Montanas, or even (this should make some folks happy) the Bradys. What's the difference? Sure there is some talent difference, but the biggest difference is in the supporting staff. In short, it's unfair to compare Paul to Nick unless you want to compare Tech to Nevada.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread