+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I heard new DC is Clay

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I heard new DC is Clay

I heard our new DC was a guy named Clay from OSU.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: I heard new DC is Clay

How about that. Two threads with conflicting information about who our nex DC is going to be.

Unless the guy's name is Clay Lovett, someone has some bad data!

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    Yeah, Bill Clay. LSU fans were in an uproar because Miles was considering bringing him in. He runs the 4-2-5 read and react defense that isn't very aggressive. Hopefully for Tech's sake, you guys get Lovett.

Of course, if the insider reports it, it's got to be true, right?
    Last edited by MonreauxTiger; 03-04-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Athletic COuncil meeting on monday morning so something should be released soon afterwards as to who the new coaches will definetely be next year.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Actually....usually it is.

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    Athletic COuncil meeting on monday morning so something should be released soon afterwards as to who the new coaches will definetely be next year.
    Would that be the council made up up school professors, office personel and an SGA member or two?

If so we need an Academic Council to select the future teachers and head of departments...sounds fair.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

insider I have to disagree a coach told me yesterday its Lovett. Unless things changed in 24 hrs. In fact said coach said it was supposed to be in the news star i didnt see so cant confirm that.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I thought we were getting the guy from Clemson - what happened there?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    I thought we were getting the guy from Clemson - what happened there?
    Nothing...here is the News-Star article that mentions the hiring of Lovett, not Clay.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

"It's a very exciting time for this program."

.................................................. .................................................. .

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Yeah, Bill Clay. LSU fans were in an uproar because Miles was considering bringing him in. He runs the 4-2-5 read and react defense that isn't very aggressive. Hopefully for Tech's sake, you guys get Lovett.

There is nothing wrong with a "read and react" defense....provided you have the right personnel to run it. But, I don't think Tech can land enough players with the combo of speed and intelligence to be successful. Given our schedule, most years, most of the time our guys are on par, or a little behind, the other guys athletically. Without a clear speed/athleticism advantage means the defenders have to be right in their reads about 90% of the time, or that defense will struggle.

Please note I said "enough" players, meaning you have to have quality depth too.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    There is nothing wrong with a "read and react" defense....provided you have the right personnel to run it. But, I don't think Tech can land enough players with the combo of speed and intelligence to be successful. Given our schedule, most years, most of the time our guys are on par, or a little behind, the other guys athletically. Without a clear speed/athleticism advantage means the defenders have to be right in their reads about 90% of the time, or that defense will struggle.

Please note I said "enough" players, meaning you have to have quality depth too.
    Tulsa year before last and TCU for years have used the 4-2-5 with success. I don't know how we would do with it though. We have a lot of talent at LB so I dont see why we would move away from our strength. Maybe Hamilton would move to a rover or SS type of position. But if its Lovett thats hired it probably won't matter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Tulsa year before last and TCU for years have used the 4-2-5 with success. I don't know how we would do with it though. We have a lot of talent at LB so I dont see why we would move away from our strength. Maybe Hamilton would move to a rover or SS type of position. But if its Lovett thats hired it probably won't matter.
    The NE Patriots used a "read and react" defense, or at least a form of it, at times. But, they could not stay in it. In the NFL, where everyone is big, fast and talented, such schemes can be disected too easily.

I hate to bore everyone, but we used a similar scheme in high school, with tremendous success. That was due, mostly, to our coaches seeing what they had to work with, a bunch of small, slow white kids, and devising a scheme that worked for us.

Super Ants!

+ Reply to Thread