+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dawgs vs. Ok. St.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Dawgs vs. Ok. St.

Dawgs down 3-2 in top of the 7th. Rupert is in the 7th right now and is throwing a 3 hitter.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Dawgs vs. Ok. St.

What was the final? When I had to leave it was 6-2 going into the 8th.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

RUSTON, La. – Louisiana Tech could not take advantage of an outstanding pitching performance by Ryan Rupert as Oklahoma State edged the Bulldogs 6-2 at J.C. Love Field on Friday night.

Thomas Cowley threw a six-hit complete game for the Cowboys, allowing just two unearned runs in the third inning to the Bulldogs. Cowley struck out seven and allowed just six hits and walked two.

Oklahoma State got on the scoreboard first in the third inning when Rupert balked in a run as the Cowboys took a 1-0 lead.

The Bulldogs scored a pair in the bottom of the third inning when Gil Laird struck and Oklahoma State catcher Jeff Parish threw the ball down the right field line, which scored two runs for the Bulldogs.

Adam Carr gave OSU the lead for good with a two-run opposite field home run in the sixth inning, giving the Cowboys a 3-2 advantage.

The Cowboys built a 6-2 lead in the seventh inning as Tech pitchers walked four men in the frame. Rupert left the game with runners on first and second with two outs before Andrew Alsup came into the game but struggled with his control, walking two which forced in one run before Carr lined a singled down the left field line to score two more runs as OSU built its four-run lead.

Carr led OSU with two hits and four RBIs.

Rupert allowed four runs and only three hits in 6 2/3 innings. The junior struck out nine batters.

Alsup allowed two runs, two hits and two walks in 1/3 of an inning while striking out one.

Amos Ramon pitched the final two innings without allowing a hit while fanning two OSU hitters.

The two teams will play the second game of the series at 3 p.m. on Saturday.
    Brandon Haygood extended his hitting streak to eight games with a third inning single.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Rupert did pitch a great game. It was a shame to see it get blown wide open. For those who are interested, I was there for the singing of the anthem. I saw that the seats were sparce, so I issued myself a challenge. I wanted to see if I could count all the people int he stands before the end of the anthem. I included those sitting on top of the dug-outs. Of course, I couldn't count anyone who was in the concourse ect. The numbers did increase as the game went on, but that's beside the point. My final count that rapped up before the end of the anthem was 90. Another masterful job by the administration. Way to go boys!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I heard an OK player knocked out a window in one of the UP buildings.

I wonder how often that is going to happen

Puppy Dog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the roughDog 86 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Rupert did pitch a great game. It was a shame to see it get blown wide open. For those who are interested, I was there for the singing of the anthem. I saw that the seats were sparce, so I issued myself a challenge. I wanted to see if I could count all the people int he stands before the end of the anthem. I included those sitting on top of the dug-outs. Of course, I couldn't count anyone who was in the concourse ect. The numbers did increase as the game went on, but that's beside the point. My final count that rapped up before the end of the anthem was 90. Another masterful job by the administration. Way to go boys!
    The official box score says 543 fans in attendance. Does this include season ticket holders also? I was also at the game and your count was close.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh definitely, we are not even sniffing anything close to that number. We wish we could get half that many to the games.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well.. the Grambling loss couldn't have helped... but I'm kicking a dead horse here. I just tell myself to keep having faith Sim will bring it around.

+ Reply to Thread