+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Oakes

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Thoughts on Oakes

How does everyone feel about our A.D. Jim Oakes? Not only did he cut baseball's budget by a significant amount, he also made Coach Sim trim his roster b/c he couldn't "make room" for a kid that was a friend of Jim's family. Has anyone seen Mr. Oakes at any baseball games? I heard he made it to a couple of innings during the Ark series, but I haven't seen him at all. If any changes need to be made anywhere, that's gotta be at the top of the list.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Thoughts on Oakes

Hey, I like your BB&B name for our men's programs until they start winning again. The MENTECHSTERS!! That's the ticket.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Yep, that was kinda the point. Thanks.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters
    How does everyone feel about our A.D. Jim Oakes?
    I think you find alot of us have issues with how he treats this program - and his acumen concerning running the program as a whole -

In addition to the Arkansas games, I did see him at the NWSt game and the Sam Houston St game -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters
    How does everyone feel about our A.D. Jim Oakes? Not only did he cut baseball's budget by a significant amount, he also made Coach Sim trim his roster b/c he couldn't "make room" for a kid that was a friend of Jim's family. Has anyone seen Mr. Oakes at any baseball games? I heard he made it to a couple of innings during the Ark series, but I haven't seen him at all. If any changes need to be made anywhere, that's gotta be at the top of the list.
    I don't know anything about this story. I wish you would send me a private message and elaborate on this for me. Thanks
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Well I think Jim Oakes has done some really stupid stuff with our athletic programs. If you go to the General Sports Talk, I posted a thread on how we need to get a new AD and just elaborated on some of the things that he has done. Jim Oakes is too worried about upsetting his "friends" and that's how he operates everything which can really screw some stuff up. He cuts everyone's budgets and then there are complaints that there aren't enough people going to the games or buying season tickets. Well I think the problem begins right there. If you increase everyone's budgets so that more can be done then maybe we would have better athletics and our teams would do better meaning that we would get more people in to the stands.

+ Reply to Thread