+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advocate assumed we were out ...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Advocate assumed we were out ...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/...uwsun001.shtml

The Lady Tigers are the lone team from Louisiana in the tournament, but LSU is one of five Southeastern Conference teams to earn bids.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Advocate assumed we were out ...

Quote Originally Posted by weunice
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/...uwsun001.shtml

The Lady Tigers are the lone team from Louisiana in the tournament, but LSU is one of five Southeastern Conference teams to earn bids.
    As far as the BR Advocate is concerned Ruston isn't in the same state.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

WAKE UP TIGERS AND RED STICK, THE LADY TECHSTERS ARE NOT GOING AWAY THAT EASILY!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    As far as the BR Advocate is concerned Ruston isn't in the same state.

How true.

Varsity Bulldog nevester is an unknown

I say that we all email the "South La" Advocate. I just sent mine!!

sportsfeedback@theadvocate.com

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Please do....I am sending mine right now

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Sent Mine also, although I was probably nicer than I should have been.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Done

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I was nice, but since I'm a BR resident I expect more of my local paper - like accuracy! They could at least wait for the news to happen!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

sent mine. They still haven't corrected it as of 8:07 p.m. It's not that hard a deal to do.
    duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Sent mine too, that really makes me angry. Tech has a more historic program in women's basketball than LSU. They are better this year no doubt. I don't think they have what it takes to win it all. In fact, I think Duke will go to the Final Four from that bracket. I'm picking Stanford to win it all. They just hit their peak and are rolling.

Do we a contest for BB&B members?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The more I looked at this the more PO'd I got.
    Called Advocate Sports. Talked to Jason.
    Explained their error to him. His reply:
    "Oh that's the online department."
    My reply:
    "Well, Jason that reflects horribly on the Advocate Sports Department and whether it's the online department or the sports department, somebody at The Advocate wrote it."
    "We should have that taken care of in the next hour."
    "Thank you." (On a personal note, in my newspaper editor days, whenever a reader caught my publication in an error, I first thanked them for reading the XYZ paper and that I would be glad to correct the error.)
    Too many people today are in denial.
    We shall see.
    tm

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Wink Re: Advocate assumed we were out ...

"The Lady Tigers are the lone team from Louisiana besides Louisiana Tech in the tournament, but LSU is one of five Southeastern Conference teams to earn bids. "

The correction is in. Great writing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72
    "The Lady Tigers are the lone team from Louisiana besides Louisiana Tech in the tournament, but LSU is one of five Southeastern Conference teams to earn bids. "

The correction is in. Great writing skills.
    And later down in the story . . .

Louisiana Tech is the only other school that has been in all 24 NCAA tournaments. The Lady Techsters, whose 20-9 record is well below their usual standard, made it this year as an at-large entry after losing to Rice in the finals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament.

. .. more than four hours after the fact! Nice hustle. NOT!
    tm

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread