+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Warning 2nd Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League

closed

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

League Name: Bulldog Barks & Bytes
    Leage ID Number: 223442
    Password: tech
    Draft Type: Autopick Draft
    Max Teams: 8
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 14, 2005
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1300
    Start Scoring on: Sunday, Apr 3
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
    Stat Categories: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SH, SF, SB, CS, BB, K, GIDP, E, AVG, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, HR, BB, K, WP, BLK, HLD, ERA, WHIP
    Last edited by sportdawg; 03-20-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Re: 2nd Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League

I'm in.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

still need 8 more teams

6 more teams needed

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Not to spoil the party but.....MLB is shameful, why cant they go on strike again....FOREVER!

I think they should striken all the statistics from the past 20 years - take them completely off the books. That is the only way I will ever follow baseball again in any sort of meaningful way.

Its bad enough that almost all the new ballparks were built for homerun hitters. But now we know that a SIGNIFICANT TO LARGE % of those homerun hitters were on the juice. The numbers put up by the McGuire's and the Bonds' are a sham. They should not be on the books and these players have no business in the hall of fame. Baseball has been ruined in my eyes as one of the biggest attractions I had to baseball as a kid was the wonderful ability to compare players in different generations. THE GREED OF MLB and its players has taken this away from me.

If you want to win at fantasy baseball this year, the smart move is to take players who didnt seem to be using steriods in the past. Take the Chipper Jones's, the A-rods, the Richie Sexton's - players you suspect of being clean..

Players like Bonds, Sheffield, Boone, Sosa,.... heck, I could go on forever - will all have horrible years. Why? Their competitive advantage has been taken away.
    Jose Canseco maybe an ass, and he maybe a sell-out, but he is telling the truth.

Mark my words, homerun production this year is going to fall off the table...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Alta,

Don't bet on it. I feel it will be down a bit, but not "off the table".

By the way, look for Sosa to have a huge year in Baltimore.
    Sheff - health???
    Bonds - a big year again
    Boone - who knows with this guy, but he does have Sexson and Beltre in that lineup to protect him.

You still have to be able to hit the ball. I know you and I could not do that. These guys are strong enough to be able to do it without the juice.

4 teams needed

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I don't watch for the home runs. I like to see a good pitching duel. It amazes some people how much I get into a 1 or 2 run game. I sit on the edge of my sit just waiting to see which pitchers loses his concentration first and lets the ball sit out there. Man, that's exciting. If I see a high scoring game, I change the channel.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

DD I agree.

3 more teams needed

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I don't watch for the home runs. I like to see a good pitching duel. It amazes some people how much I get into a 1 or 2 run game. I sit on the edge of my sit just waiting to see which pitchers loses his concentration first and lets the ball sit out there. Man, that's exciting. If I see a high scoring game, I change the channel.
    Plus, late in the game, the manager has to worry about matchups. What pitchers are available. Which pitcher is better against the key hitters. Will the manager leave a pitcher in too long?

What about double-switches? Will the manager sit a hot hitter just so he can get the new relief pitcher to bat last? Or, he can leave the current pitcher in for another at-bat, then do the double-switch. But, does that leave him with a bad current pitcher-batter matchup?

2 more teams

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    You still have to be able to hit the ball. I know you and I could not do that. These guys are strong enough to be able to do it without the juice.
    Sport, then why do they take the drugs? McGuire admitted today that steriods have been a problem. Palmerio and Sosa lied. I thought Thomas was clean, he is the only one I believe for some reason who says he didnt do it.

No, steriods dont help you make contact, but they do improve your size, strength and quickness as well as improve your ability to recover from injuries. Any coincendence Bonds cant get that knee healthy? I think not.

What does MASS x Acceleration equal??

After reading about the new MLB policy, I have determined that it is a joke. They are not going to test for the newer synthetic steriods and Selig/players union worded the stupid thing as to not even have to name/suspend cheaters.

PLUS, if Congress gets real serious about this whole thing, the steriod policy could be declared null and void.

COMPLETE JOKE. Selig should resign, he has allowed the game to be ruined.

BTW, I was an all-district and honorable mention all stater in HS. I hit over .400 my junior and senior seasons. I know I cant hit MLB pitching, but I do know ALOT about hitting.

because they are idiots.

+ Reply to Thread