+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guy on Yahoo Pick 'Em 32-0

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Guy on Yahoo Pick 'Em 32-0

pretty amazing. BTW, how do we know it is a guy? Isnt it usually a woman who picks based on team colors and mascot names that wins these things?

Anyway, his/her second round picks look solid too. However, I like Pacific and, hold on to something, Southern Illinois to post huge upsets this weekend.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I'm always wondering if those people that get such crazy picks right have multiple user names and go with a lot of different brackets. Who'd really pick Vermont and Bucknell?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was 23-9!

Biggest bombs were Stanford and LSU. Couldn't decide on Minn-ISU, picked the wrong one. I started to pick Vermont, but at the last second, changed my mind. Bucknell? Not in a million years would I have picked that one. Also, didn't really like UTEP over Utah, just thought those North Mexican jerks would win and rub it in on the WAC forum. Glad they lost, actually.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I'm always wondering if those people that get such crazy picks right have multiple user names and go with a lot of different brackets. Who'd really pick Vermont and Bucknell?
    Are you kidding me? Vermont is one of the cinderellas of the tourney! Ever heard of a guy named Taylor Coppenrath? He's averaging 25 ppg(second in the country), 8.8 rpg, 4.2 orpg, and on top of that he's a 6-9, 250lb. senior who shoots 28% from three. He's also a National Player of the Year finalist.

Since they were seeded so low and had to face a hot Syracuse team I did not pick them, but I knew they would be dangerous.

Bucknell on the other hand, where's that? I can't believe anyone would pick Bucknell over Kansas. I know Lankford was hurting and they blew it in the Big 12 tourney, but their talent, leadership, and experience alone should've gotten them at least to a sweet sixteen matchup with UCONN. Then it would've been Roy vs. his old Kansas team in the elite 8. That would've been a nice matchup.

Anyway, congrats to Bucknell and to the first-ever tourney win by a Patriot League team. They have a chance to get to the sweet 16 if they can beat a hot Wisconsin team. But then they would have to face the block party of UCONN(leads the nation in blocks for like the fourth year in a row)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Bucknell did beat Pitt this year on the road I think. I've only missed on 6 games so far, but between Kansas loosing and the fact that I went completely insane on my second round picks, I figure I am out of the running to retain my title.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu
    Bucknell did beat Pitt this year on the road I think. I've only missed on 6 games so far, but between Kansas loosing and the fact that I went completely insane on my second round picks, I figure I am out of the running to retain my title.
    You're right inudesu, they did go on the road and beat then #7 Pitt. They also beat Patriot League favorite Holy Cross in the conference tournament finals on Holy Cross's floor.

They lost games at Villanova and at Penn. while beating Niagra at home. They were battle-tested by these tourney teams during the season.

I'm still sticking with my sleeper out of the Austin bracket Michigan State to make it to the Final Four. They defend the ball, they rebound, and they shoot free throws as a team very well. They are also athletic and deep. Add an experienced head coach in Tom Izzo and you have the makings of a very good team.

+ Reply to Thread