+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Athletic Director

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Re: Athletic Director

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    You could not be more correct. University presidents only feel pressure to improve athletic funding when their bosses start breathing down their necks.
    You are totally correct with that statement. We may not need to go and get a totally new DR. to turn this whole thing around if only we had an AD with some balls to push the president into allowing him to spend money to make the athletics better at the school. If Reneau was getting a lot of pressure from Oakes to allow things to happen he would eventually allow some stuff to happen around here for the better.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

BS!!!

Nothing will change until DR is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

You may be right in that statement so maybe that's where we need to start. It's just time for some kind of change. Now don't get me wrong our President has done a wonderful job on the academic side of the table but even though you want our academics to excell you also need good atheletics to give your school some recognition and an indentity. Academics are great I mean that's why we are all here anyway but if you have good athletics you have something other than how smart your school is to be proud of, I mean you can have both academics and athletics but only if you are open to spending the money. Money is what it all comes down to.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

If I remember correctly, Jim Oakes was a student manager when he was in school. I remember being told that when I played. If he cut the student's scholarships, then that is BS! He is acting like a little Napolean.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    You may be right in that statement so maybe that's where we need to start. It's just time for some kind of change. Now don't get me wrong our President has done a wonderful job on the academic side of the table but even though you want our academics to excell you also need good atheletics to give your school some recognition and an indentity. Academics are great I mean that's why we are all here anyway but if you have good athletics you have something other than how smart your school is to be proud of, I mean you can have both academics and athletics but only if you are open to spending the money. Money is what it all comes down to.

There are several threads talking about how academics are the reason for having a school, but athletics is the window through which the rest of the world views your school and the most viable method of maintaining contact with your students once they become alumni. When most of us get out in the world, it is nice to know that our school is still passing out degees, but usually when we participate or read something about the school it involves athletics. DR has no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    There are several threads talking about how academics are the reason for having a school, but athletics is the window through which the rest of the world views your school and the most viable method of maintaining contact with your students once they become alumni. When most of us get out in the world, it is nice to know that our school is still passing out degees, but usually when we participate or read something about the school it involves athletics. DR has no clue.
    That is very true. I mean athletics is waht puts any school in the national stage not the academics but don't get me wrong academics are important to a school but so are athletics. Athletics gives the school an identity and also something that students and alumni can align themselves with. Another thing that is wrong with Jim Oakes is that he is too worried about the alumni of Tech. Now don't get me wrong here either alumists are very important to a school and I will be one in the future as well but still you have to worry about your FUTURE ALUMNI, in the present students.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    That is very true. I mean athletics is waht puts any school in the national stage not the academics but don't get me wrong academics are important to a school but so are athletics. Athletics gives the school an identity and also something that students and alumni can align themselves with. Another thing that is wrong with Jim Oakes is that he is too worried about the alumni of Tech. Now don't get me wrong here either alumists are very important to a school and I will be one in the future as well but still you have to worry about your FUTURE ALUMNI, in the present students.
    I don't understand what you mean if he actually cared what we thought changes would have been underway by now.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by LostInOzBulldog
    I don't understand what you mean if he actually cared what we thought changes would have been underway by now.
    That's true if they really did care about what we thought then changes would have been made by no, but since there haven't been any changes then maybe they just don't care what people think. I think that our athletic department is in a decline and if something isn't done then we will never get out of the hole we are digging ourselves into. If we want to stop the ptoblems a change needs to happen now.

+ Reply to Thread