+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 05/06

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

05/06

Overall I was fairly pleased with the year considering we lost four starters, we started the season with some injuries, and two new recruits left the team. Special thanks go to Tasha for putting this team on her back in so many games. It's sobering to think that one more loss - or even one or two more WINS over teams like SFA, UALR, or Centenary - likely would have knocked us out of the tournament. Whoever made out our schedule this year was extremely lucky or is a genius. I'm upset at not winning today, but at least we were in the game down to the last 15 seconds. Best of all, our streak is still alive.

It's impossible to predict with accuracy what the WAC will be like next year, but based on this years RPI's it'll be ranked 10th - Tech 32, FSU 84, SJSU 91, Idaho 99, BSU 200, NV 207, USU 214, and NMSU 248. It looks like a bi-modal spread. It could be worse. It's certainly better than the WAC of two years ago.

I would guess that our OOC schedule will include TN, Rice, Ark State, and WKU on the road, and Ole Miss, Grambling, and Alcorn(?) at home. Will we play LSU? We should. I hope we agressively pursue SMU, Tulsa, and SMS for home and homes over the next two years. We should also try to set up home and homes with SEC and Big 12 teams. We probably need to go over 500 OOC and hold our conference losses down to one or two games to make the tournament without winning the conference tournament.

We have TC, S. Moore, and Ray-Boyd back to get us some points. I suspect that Kursh, T. Moore, and Deciman will improve some. Maybe Levingston will give us some quality backup guard play. What will Metoyer give us? I'm excited about the gal coming in from Sugarland, TX. Will Little Kursh contribute her Freshman year? Who will our coaching staff bring in from the JUCO ranks?

I'm confident that we'll show some improvement over this year.

Once again, thank you girls for playing your hearts out and getting us into the tournament again this year.
    ________
    buttsex Cams
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Puppy TechFan2 has turned a few heads around hereTechFan2 has turned a few heads around here

Re: 05/06

Good Post, LT. Ditto!!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Good points. Throw in Hawai'i at 117 on the WAC RPI list.

Tech's OOC schedule and the OOC schedule and performance by other WAC teams will be the keys go a reasonable RPI.

Tech can play up to 12 OOC games since the WAC schedule will be only 16 games and Tech didn't play two OOC games that it could have this year. Tech could also be in line for the WAC's WNIT bid since it allowed Rice to have that spot this year, and those games don't count against the schedule limit.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT
    Overall I was fairly pleased with the year considering we lost four starters, we started the season with some injuries, and two new recruits left the team. Special thanks go to Tasha for putting this team on her back in so many games. It's sobering to think that one more loss - or even one or two more WINS over teams like SFA, UALR, or Centenary - likely would have knocked us out of the tournament. Whoever made out our schedule this year was extremely lucky or is a genius. I'm upset at not winning today, but at least we were in the game down to the last 15 seconds. Best of all, our streak is still alive.

It's impossible to predict with accuracy what the WAC will be like next year, but based on this years RPI's it'll be ranked 10th - Tech 32, FSU 84, SJSU 91, Idaho 99, BSU 200, NV 207, USU 214, and NMSU 248. It looks like a bi-modal spread. It could be worse. It's certainly better than the WAC of two years ago.

I would guess that our OOC schedule will include TN, Rice, Ark State, and WKU on the road, and Ole Miss, Grambling, and Alcorn(?) at home. Will we play LSU? We should. I hope we agressively pursue SMU, Tulsa, and SMS for home and homes over the next two years. We should also try to set up home and homes with SEC and Big 12 teams. We probably need to go over 500 OOC and hold our conference losses down to one or two games to make the tournament without winning the conference tournament.

We have TC, S. Moore, and Ray-Boyd back to get us some points. I suspect that Kursh, T. Moore, and Deciman will improve some. Maybe Levingston will give us some quality backup guard play. What will Metoyer give us? I'm excited about the gal coming in from Sugarland, TX. Will Little Kursh contribute her Freshman year? Who will our coaching staff bring in from the JUCO ranks?

I'm confident that we'll show some improvement over this year.

Once again, thank you girls for playing your hearts out and getting us into the tournament again this year.
    Excellent post, I am excited about next year as well. It's my last year as a student here, so I hope that it all comes together.

Go Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post LT!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tasha is getting married this summer. I'm no family planner, but I advise Tasha NOT to get pregnant until after her Tech career is over. Please!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

What was Leon's favorite saying about men's basketball

"Their players don't get pregnant..."
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread