+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What color blue at Tech

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: What color blue at Tech

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    Apparently you don't know anything about Lady Techsters' Tradition. When they were strated that was the color that they used and still use today it's a tradition. When you see that color you think of the Lady Techsters so why should we bury that color forever that color put this school on the map, put us in the national spotlight with our women's basketball and that is the color that we should use for the Lady Techsters. We should keep the Columbia Blue for our Lady Techsters just because of tradition. Don't take that away from the Lady Techsters.
    come on man, it's just a color...and we could even keep it as a throw back jersey (like soccer_dawg9 said). what college does that? throw backs?!? that's an awesome concept...if we wind up doing that then s_d9 needs to get royalties or something for that.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    We should keep the Columbia Blue for our Lady Techsters just because of tradition. Don't take that away from the Lady Techsters.
    I agree, Tennessee Lady Vols have it on their jearsey...and blue isn't even one of their colors

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    I agree, Tennessee Lady Vols have it on their jearsey...and blue isn't even one of their colors
    but their main color is still their official school orange.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Tennessee have that blue on their uniform to remind them to play to OUR standards? Will someone with more knowledge please fill me in with the correct and full story..

If that is true, then we need to call Pat and let her know to get new uniforms!

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Tennessee have that blue on their uniform to remind them to play to OUR standards? Will someone with more knowledge please fill me in with the correct and full story..

If that is true, then we need to call Pat and let her know to get new uniforms!
    I believe you are correct, Pat admired the Tech program so much that she placed the blue stripe on their Jersey. She will readily say that in the early days. Her goal was, "how do we be like Tech"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

OK >> that's enough color talk for one week.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Last talk of Color: ESPN had the Lady Techsters logo with Reflex blue and not Columbia Blue during the broadcast

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    The mens basketball team wore columbia blue first on the court (1974-75), which was also the first year for the Lady Techsters. The original color change was generated by the football team first wearing columbia blue pants on away games before the basketball teams used that color, too (so that's were the original Lady Techster blue came from).
    tm
    Okay, I promise. This is the last I'll post on colors.
    Since this was 30 years ago and several brain cell have died since (several!), I consulted my media guides from 74-76,
    The mens basketball team did NOT go to columbia blue until 1976-77, after they won the SLC championship in 1975-76. The Lady Techsters went with the columbia blue and red (ugly combination on the road uniforms with no white highlights) in their initial season, 1974-75.
    As I said earlier, the Lady Techsters, therefore got their idea from the football team, not the mens basketball team.
    Now. No more color talk this week.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Tech men's team wear Columbia Blue for the longest time. There was a lot of tradition with the men's basketball team from back in the 80's so I guess we should just go back to Columbia Blue in that also!

I don't care what color a Louisiana Tech team wears, as long as all of our teams are wearing the same color. There should be no exceptions!!!
    I'm sorry guys, but I wanted to bring up this one topic before this thread died.

You hit the nail on the head nickdawg. I agree with you that as long as all of our teams are wearing the same color it doesn't matter what the color is. Now, the administration has agreed on the reflex blue so I think all of Tech's teams(men's and women's anything) should wear that blue in all sports.

I don't understand how one team sport can wear one color and the rest of the university can wear another color. If Louisiana Tech wears reflex blue, then all sports affiliated with Louisiana Tech should wear that color with the exception of special events.

I think tradition is a great thing. I want to start more traditions so that when new Tech students come to my school in the future they will have something to pass on to for generations to come. That is how you grow, but we have to do it all together as one university. Not the Lady Techsters being one color blue and the rest of the university being a different color blue.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    I'm sorry guys, but I wanted to bring up this one topic before this thread died.

You hit the nail on the head nickdawg. I agree with you that as long as all of our teams are wearing the same color it doesn't matter what the color is. Now, the administration has agreed on the reflex blue so I think all of Tech's teams(men's and women's anything) should wear that blue in all sports.

I don't understand how one team sport can wear one color and the rest of the university can wear another color. If Louisiana Tech wears reflex blue, then all sports affiliated with Louisiana Tech should wear that color with the exception of special events.

I think tradition is a great thing. I want to start more traditions so that when new Tech students come to my school in the future they will have something to pass on to for generations to come. That is how you grow, but we have to do it all together as one university. Not the Lady Techsters being one color blue and the rest of the university being a different color blue.
    As soon as we can get our mbb to win 3 National Championships and go to 13 Final Fours and our football team to go bowling on a consistent basis, I am sure that they can dictate what the color is for all sports.

Right now that is the VERY LEAST of our problems. Bring in a coach that can win with one of the best players in the country in mbb and a football coach PERIOD - THAT is the problem right now.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    As soon as we can get our mbb to win 3 National Championships and go to 13 Final Fours and our football team to go bowling on a consistent basis, I am sure that they can dictate what the color is for all sports.

Right now that is the VERY LEAST of our problems. Bring in a coach that can win with one of the best players in the country in mbb and a football coach PERIOD - THAT is the problem right now.
    I agree with you champ. Our other sports teams here at Tech do have a lot of "catching up" to do with the Lady Techster's success. I don't believe that the programs are equal and you can't compare them equally though. It's apples and oranges.

I was watching sportscenter this morning and they were showing coach Pat Summitt. She just surpassed Dean Smith as the all-time winningest coach in division I men's and women's history. But is that fair to compare the two? 880 wins regardless is a great accomplishment, but I don't think it's fair to compare the two. The Lady Techster's were lucky enough to get a great legend in coach Leon Barmore. That would be like getting Bobby Knight, Coach K, Dean Smith, or even Coach Wooden if you were to compare that to the men's side.

I did want to bring up one little thing that I don't agree with. If you take a look at the hand-held schedules of our basketball teams at the end it shows the dates for the WAC tourney along with the NCAA tourney at the bottom of the women's schedule. At the bottom of the men's schedule it just shows the WAC tourney dates, but no NCAA tourney dates. Something is wrong there.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we could argue this all day probably. I think what Pat accomplished (as well as Barmore) is unbelievable. The level of competition is the same no matter what sport. The women play against women and the men play against men. You have to recruit the best and win with that group. If you ask me, Leon did a better job, because he did not have the resources that Tennessee had. However, Pat deserves her credit.

On a side note, Tennessee just named their basketball court after Pat Summitt. It is still Thompson Bowling Arena, but it is the Summitt Court. I think that is great. We would do well naming ours after one of our stars too. Malone Court has been discussed on here in the past.

As for the schedules, you have a great point. It is on the wbb one, because we expect that they will be there. Maybe, we should start expecting our men to be there, as well.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    If you take a look at the hand-held schedules of our basketball teams at the end it shows the dates for the WAC tourney along with the NCAA tourney at the bottom of the women's schedule. At the bottom of the men's schedule it just shows the WAC tourney dates, but no NCAA tourney dates. Something is wrong there.
    Great point!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Maybe, we should start expecting our men to be there, as well.
    I did expect them to be there this year...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    I did expect them to be there this year...
    I did too, hookdown. Apparently, our administration doesn't, though...........

NO EXPECTATIONS = NO RESULTS

+ Reply to Thread