+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budke mentioned for OK State

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Budke mentioned for OK State

The Tulsa World today mentioned Budke as a "possible candidate" for the OSU Cowgirls head coaching vacancy. That's all they said, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Go Tech!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Budke mentioned for OK State

That is HORRIBLE news!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

They did say Leon was ready to coach again . Seriously, I would rather see Budke stay and Leon take over the Bulldogs.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    The Tulsa World today mentioned Budke as a "possible candidate" for the OSU Cowgirls head coaching vacancy. That's all they said, so take it with a grain of salt.
    I've heard since late October/early November that he is looking for the first train out of Ruston -

He might be wise to take the chance while his name is still "lukewarm" -

Remember back when Jerry Lloyd turned down Northern Illinois before the 91-92 season, three years later he was coaching at Dillard/Xavier/Loyola,etal or some school like that in New Orleans -

Its better to have to replace a coach that is hired away, than to have to replace one after you FIRE them or WISH you could fire them -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    That is HORRIBLE news!
    Gary,

I guess you and I are the only ones that think Budke has done a good job. I am reminded that UCLA has yet to find a replacement for John Wooden, who retired after winning it all in 1975. LSU was finally proved successful with the hiring of Saban to replace Charlie McClendon, who retired after the 1978 season. Leon thought enough of Budke to make him heir apparent...I think I'll stick with Leon!

Dan
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Add me to that list too Cartek. I think he has done a good job.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Don't add me to that list CARTEK.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

I am with you Dan...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I will say it again - its better to have a coach HIRED away than have to replace him/her later down the road -

We want our coaches to be HIRED away -

If they are, we are viewed as BEING SUCCESSFUL -

And we need that right now -

But (more than likely) this also could be a case of getting out while the getting is still good...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Whatever happened to Amy Brown? Didn't she take up coaching?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Whatever happened to Amy Brown? Didn't she take up coaching?
    She is coaching at Tenneessee Tech - as an assistant coach. She's been an assistant there for 7 years.

http://www.tntech.edu/athletics/Bask...ach2004-05.htm

Amy Brown is in her seventh season overall on the Golden Eaglette basketball coaching staff, and her second season as associate head coach alongside head coach Bill Worrell. The jump in her position reflected how instrumental Brown has been in the Golden Eaglettes' success during her first five years, including four consecutive Ohio Valley Conference championships. Last year, she helped guide the team to a fifth consecutive title.

Among her duties, Brown, 29, works with Tech's post players and is heavily involved in game preparation and recruiting. A Livingston native who also enjoyed a successful playing career as part of a powerful Louisiana Tech program, she has faced a new experience the past couple of years -- coaching her younger sister, Andrea.

During her six seasons at Tech, Brown has helped the Golden Eaglettes compile an 131-50 overall record, and a 86-18 mark against Ohio Valley Conference foes. She has helped lead Tech to five straight OVC regular season championships and back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances in 1998-99 and 1999-2000, by virtue of winning two league tournament titles.

A four-year starter for the nationally prominent Lady Techster program at Louisiana Tech, Brown graduated in 1996 with a B.S. degree in health and physical education, with a math minor. She completed her eligibility in 1995 and spent the 1995-96 season as a student assistant coach at Louisiana Tech while finishing her degree requirements.

During Brown's career at Louisiana Tech, the Lady Techsters reached the NCAA tournament all four seasons and reached the title game in 1994. Posting career averages of nine points and four rebounds per game, Brown shot 48 percent from the field and 81 percent from the foul line.

At Livingston Academy, Brown was a member of USA Today's Top 25 Super Team after averaging more than 20 points a game as a senior. She helped lead Livingston Academy to the 1990 Class AA state championship and was named Miss Basketball in Tennessee as a senior.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Dwayne,
    Coaches get hired away from mid major programs to major programs. I guarantee you that you do not want our ONLY Nationally prominant program to be a stepping stone. We want it to be where coaches want to strive for! No, the money isn't as good here, but the prestige and cost of living is. We can be the goal, not one of the objectives.

We need to start thinking of ourselves as successful as we are.

We need to keep a good thing when we have it. I guarantee you that Budke is a good thing.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

What about Tori Harrison? How has she done at coaching? I always liked chatting with her in the elevator in Harper. And, it seems like she could be good at recruiting (and hopefully coaching) the big girls.

http://www.rider.edu/174_1513.htm

She's the new head coach (completed one season) at Rider. She was an assistant for a while at George Washington I think.

May 4, 2004 - Tori Harrison Named Head Coach

May 4, 2004
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAWRENCEVILLE--Tori Elaine Harrison, who twice led Louisiana Tech University to the Women's Basketball Final Four as a player, and helped both George Washington University and Clemson University to NCAA Tournament appearances as an assistant coach, was named the new head coach at Rider University Tuesday.

"We are all extremely pleased to have Tori Harrison as the new head coach of Rider University's women's basketball team," said Rider Director of Athletic Curt Blake. "Tori brings several very successful experiences to Rider, as a player, head coach and assistant coach. I have every reason to believe that her presence will have a significant positive impact on Rider University and our women's basketball program."

The assistant coach at George Washington since 1999, Harrison helped GW win the Atlantic-10 Title in 2003, and take part in four NCAA tournaments. Also an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota and at Clemson University, Harrison was the head coach at Coppin State from 1992-1997. At Coppin she was the MEAC Coach of the Year, taking a 6-20 team and winning 22 games.

"I am excited about the opportunity to lead the Rider University women's basketball program," said Harrison. "The level of support that the program receives from the administration is a great predictor of just how successful the program can be. I am anxious to get to work," said Harrison.

At Louisiana Tech Harrison was named the NCAA Regional MVP in 1987, leading Tech to its second Final Four in three years. As a senior Harrison was named the State of Louisiana Female Athlete of the Year.

Harrison becomes the 18th head coach in the 66-year history of the sport at Rider, replacing Eldon Price. Price retired after 15 seasons and a Rider-record 162 victories.

Harrison and the Rider team will travel to Ireland for 10 days beginning May 16.

dawgfood,
    We lost to UCSB in the first round the year before that. UCSB was a MUCH lower seed than us (unlike lsu and Temple). That was under Leon WITH Cheryl Ford and Amber Obaze - just to name a few. I don't blame Leon for it, and I sure as HECK don't blame Budke for this.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Champion, how many teams in Division I women's basketball would like to hire Budtke right now, I wonder. I suspect there could be plenty. Strange how the attitude here changed since the Fresno game ended!

+ Reply to Thread