+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Budke mentioned for OK State

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Re: Budke mentioned for OK State

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Well, Henny Penny has changed her name is is parading around as Rickeydad!
    The sky is not falling, I'm just being realistic. Ask yourself this: If we are being outbid by $90K by a school with no tradition, are we really players anymore?

Women's basketball was our bread and butter. Its slipping away.

IF we had to go look for a new coach, T-spoon would be an interesting choice.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

So would Amy Brown.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Salaries of other Big 12 Women's Head Coaches:

Texas Tech - $600,000
    Texas - $500,000
    Oklahoma - $470,000
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm gonna say this cause nobody else will -

Some will try to label me a racist, but the people on this board who know me (and those are the only ones I care about) know that's not the truth -

One of the biggest hurdle a potential new head coach will face is recruiting a talented TEAM that the fan base can identify with -

There is too much cornrow and tattoo and thug and not enough "girl" -

When you are ranked high in the polls, making deep runs into the tourney and competing for NC's people will over look it - when you are not there are rumblings -

For the most part people can't identify with the teams that have been placed on the floor the last few years -

That's why getting the good LOCAL/STATE/REGIONAL highschool talent is imperative - it helps them to identify with the girls -

There I've said it, fire away -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you are too wrong, Dwayne. However, TSpoon would be the one to break through some of those small town barriors. Many have already changed. It is ashame, but it is there. TSpoon is a local star and would be a BIG step in the right direction.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Salaries of other Big 12 Women's Head Coaches:

Texas Tech - $600,000
    Texas - $500,000
    Oklahoma - $470,000
    Any idea what the LSU coach makes?

By the way, OU beat us by 27 on 12/18/04. We did beat Texas Tech last year in the NCAAs by a nice margin.
    Last edited by Rickeydad; 03-23-2005 at 12:32 PM.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I have no idea. I just saw these salaries in the Tulsa World. If I remember correctly, Pat Summit makes a cool million.
    Go Tech!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

I think the only factor that should matter is getting someone who can somehow bring back the top recruits. It doesnt matter how great of a coach you are, you are not going to win with B or C talent. You have to get the girls that we have lost to Duke, LSU, and others. Otherwise, the days of final fours are over for good.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    I think the only factor that should matter is getting someone who can somehow bring back the top recruits. It doesnt matter how great of a coach you are, you are not going to win with B or C talent. You have to get the girls that we have lost to Duke, LSU, and others. Otherwise, the days of final fours are over for good.
    TSpoon

Plus she understands the whole philosophy behind what the Techster program means.

Just looking over the results from the past few years. Budke has led us to the third round twice and that ain't all that bad. He's not gone yet.

I like Budke and think he is good for this program. IF he leaves, though, I hope we make a smart decision about our next coach.

A OSU fan on the ESPN board told me that the OSU base salary is only 138,000 - the $238,000 is wrong in the paper.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I like Budke and think he is good for this program. IF he leaves, though, I hope we make a smart decision about our next coach.

A OSU fan on the ESPN board told me that the OSU base salary is only 138,000 - the $238,000 is wrong in the paper.
    Auburns mens coach makes $200k in base pay, $500k for everything else.

Trust me, Budke will double his pay if he gets the job. Im not sold on them offering the job to him, though.

He is the leading candidate. I think they will offer him the job. Even if they don't, this makes it obvious that he is looking.

The extra incentives and promotions earn the Techster coach a lot more than any of you think. We are not that out of line with some top programs and above most other programs in the country.

The way I understood the whole KMR thing was that we offered her almost as much as Baylor. It was the length of the contract that was the breaking point (well, among other things going on with her fear). We can compete, but that is just half of the equation.

I like Budke too. I don't know much about bball, but, as has already been stated, if Leon liked him, that's good enough for me.
    Go Tech!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Plus the administration wanted to keep some of the camp money from Mulkey that barmore would always keep that made his salary very nice!! and the length of the contract as well.

+ Reply to Thread