+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing Budke is gone

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Hearing Budke is gone

I think Budke is gone. Chris Long leads all candidates to replace.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hearing Budke is gone

I have heard that he does great scouting reports, but not sure that he can be the one to bring us back. Guess we shall see.............

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

If Budke is gone, I hope that his replacement is a woman. We have too many barriers to have to overcome without also having to contend with the "invisible" anti-male undercurrent. A former Lady Techster would top my list because she would fully understand the tradition, and have a heart for it as well. She would also not be so quick to jump when a landgrant school called. Our next headcoach will determine whether or not we stay among the elite or if we start referring to the "golden era" as a wonderful memory.

I hope that the key to the Techsters future did not move to Waco five years ago. But then you know, we do have a record of shooting ourselves in the collective foot. Turning down Pharmacy and giving it to Northeast and later sending Collins to Northeast to build their football program (we are still paying for those moves today) are just a couple of examples. Frankly, if we don't right the ship soon, then the Techster games will be the toughest sell in the country. We have all been spoiled to so much success for so long, that no one will be able to muster the interest or energy to watch an "also-ran" women's program. Myself included.

However, I still believe we have all the keys to remain successful. We just need to make sure that we turn them. Let's hope for the best. As Budke wrote on the board when were were down at halftime ealier in the season,
    "We are Louisiana Tech!"

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

That's a great quote that he used at halftime of the Ole Miss game!
    Last edited by soccer_dawg9; 03-25-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Why would we rush to hire an assistant? Surely there is a successful head coach out there that would be willing to take the job. Rushing to name a coach could be a mistake. BTW, does anyone know where Jennifer White is? Just wondering is she was coaching or doing something else.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Why would we rush to hire an assistant? Surely there is a successful head coach out there that would be willing to take the job. Rushing to name a coach could be a mistake. BTW, does anyone know where Jennifer White is? Just wondering is she was coaching or doing something else.
    http://www.stedwards.edu/athletic/at...ifer_white.htm

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We can't waste much time at all. We would have more time if we had a full talented class coming back this year, but recruiting is crucial this year. You cannot recruit without students knowing who the coach is going to be.

Jennifer is running a small program (mentioned on another thread) with about a .500 record.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Bring back Leon.

Jennifer White
    Head Women's Basketball Coach
    Jennifer White was named the head women's basketball coach at St. Edward's University in the summer of 2003.

She came to the Hilltop from PlayStrong division of the Ironsmith Corporation of Austin, which she has developed and organized. PlayStrong has received national and state-wide recognition for their development of fundamental basketball skills and their training and condition program. Clients have included coaches and athletes from the junior high to the professional levels including Harvard, Yale, Boston College, Dartmouth, University of Minnesota, Texas A&M University, Bentley, Trinity, Bethel College and the ABL Colorado Explosion.

Her education and playing experience began in 1979 at women’s basketball powerhouse Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, LA. While at Louisiana Tech, she was a member of the 1981 AIAW Division I National Champion and 1982 NCAA Division I National Champion teams. In 1983, she earned her undergraduate degree in Physical Education and was awarded a NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship. She earned her Master of Science degree from Louisiana Tech in 1985. After earning her masters degree, she was hired as a full time assistant coach by legendary coach Leon Barmore and spent the next five years (1985-1990) with the Lady Techsters. During that time, LA Tech posted an impressive 153-15 record, including four Final Four appearances and one National Championship in 1988.

After leaving Louisiana Tech in 1990, she accepted an assistant coaching position at the University of Texas under Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame member Jody Conradt. She spent the next three years recruiting, on floor coaching and preparing the Lady Longhorns on the defensive end of the floor.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I think Budke is gone. Chris Long leads all candidates to replace.
    Insider,

I hear the same thing about budke but i am hearing different on long. I am hearing he will get a courtesy interview but they are looking at going a different way. They want a former techster or a name who recruits want to play for.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Guys,

Budke was quoted as saying he is preparing a staff for the Ok State job, but stopped short of actually saying he had accepted the position. Again I would say we could use a female and perhaps someone from outside the current staff.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Southern Miss turned Coach Long down last year.
    ________
    Storz & bickel
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    RPH I think you are wrong i'm pretty sure long will get the job. But you never know this is Tech.
    I will eat crow if I am wrong but everything I have said has come true so far including what I post on the recruiting board. My connections have so far have been excellent.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

At least the Admin sounds like they are making plans now instead of waiting for some official announcement from OSU to get things started. Lots of great men coaches out there, but I really think we need to go with a female this time. Hopefully the new HC, whomever it is, will have strong Tech ties.

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Hire Karl Malone

+ Reply to Thread