+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hearing Budke is gone

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Hearing Budke is gone

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    Read the posts ahead of you. The subject is "promoting", not paying.

The only thing FB promotes is the fact Tech is satisfied with mediocrity.
    I disagree Killer. I just went back and read DawgGone Mads posts and I don't think her/his initial post meant promote as in adverstise/market as much as he/she means spends time/focuses attention on. I think the susequent posts by other posters were meaning promote in the way you are talking about. And I would agree we do a poor job of promoting all of our sports.

I think Dawggonemad thinks the Techsters are a traditionally more succesfull program than football and that football gets much more of Oakes focus. I was simply pointing out that since football pays for all of the other sports it SHOULD recv. the bulk of the focus until the other sports can prove that they can generate their own revenue.

As far as advertising/marketing/promoting I would say that football should get the bulk of that as well. That being said I wish all of our sports were marketed better.

Now I'm sure after reading this he/she will disagree with me but then again he/she is quite disagreeable and would argue with a tree.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    DawgGoneMad,

Where does the money to pay for the Techsters road trips come from? Hotels? Uniforms?

The same program that pays for these things goes on the road to places like Tennesee , Miami and Auburn why? Are you paying attention????? TO RAISE MONEY FOR OTHER SPORTS , KNOWING THIS WILL DESTROY ANY CHANCES THEY HAVE FOR A BOWL GAME. THE FOOTBALL TEAM SACRAFICES WINS , PRESTIGE , HOME GAMES , BOWL GAMES AND A LOT OF OTHER THINGS FOR YOUR TECHSTERS. WAKE UP!!!!!!!

I agree Oakes isnt doing a good job. But leave the football team out of it. Unfortunately ,they exsist to fund the Techsters and don't forget it. Any normal school would fund their programs through many other means but we rent our football team out to pay for the non-revenue sports. And guess what??????????? At its peak, dollarwise , the Lady-Techsters were a break-even program at best.
    The Techsters have never been a break even program. I doubt that any wbb team is a break even program to this day.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    The Techsters have never been a break even program. I doubt that any wbb team is a break even program to this day.
    I didn't think they were , I just wrote "break even at best" because I don't know any official numbers but I know they don't make any money. I thought I made that point. But thanks for confirming that DD. :icon_wink

Actually if I remember correctly (I'm too lazy to go look) I think Dwayne posted numbers on this issue a while back. I think someone was arguing with him that they were self-sufficient or actually turned a profit. I've had two kids since then so my memory might not be correct.

+ Reply to Thread