+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing Budke is gone

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Re: Hearing Budke is gone

I have to say, my confidence is not very high on the admin. right now. They have just done so many things, that have not been the right decision. I will say, their hires have been ok- See Simoneaux, Budke (for the most part), Dawson- softball, Jen- Soccer, Heather- Volleyball. It is their fires, that have been non-existent or bad choices Richard & Bicknell, as well as their contracts- not offering Mulkey five years, and extending bicknell to 8 or whatever it was.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

This should get my copious amounts of criticism, but here goes. Budke seems to be very well thought of on this site and Bicknell is viewed as a stooge at best. I don't see a great deal of difference, when you look at where these programs were when each coach took over.
    When Barmore stepped down, the Lady Techsters had slipped a little from their heyday. They were no longer the top two or three program they had been in the 80's, but still at the worst estimation a top 10-15 program. And now we are barely getting an at large bid to the NCAA tournament (and I am not sure we deserved that), losing the conference (tournament) we are in, and getting beat in the first round of the NCAA's by that women's basketball powerhouse, Temple. This just did not happen under Barmore. And the way we lost - dying in the second half of a game we clearly had control of in the first half. When the football team does that, there are 100 posts in here about poor coaching and lack of half time adjustments. I have nothing against Budke and I hope he stays, as we could certainly do worse, but I believe the fall off in the program has been somewhat overlooked on this page.
    I think the football program under Bicknell has been quite similar. He inherited a good (not great) mid major team from Crowton and, in my opinion, slipped into mid major mediocrity, but we have not free fallen into an embarrassing low as many on this post would have us believe. He also inherited a team that, under Crowton, had no interest in coaching or playing defense some years. I thought Bicknell should have been fired after 2003, but didn't really mind that he was not fired this year. No bowl this year with this schedule and he should go.
    Anyway, hope this comparison and what I am trying to say makes since even if you do not agree; I guess I have just never heard anyone address this before and thought I'd get my two cents in.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george
    This should get my copious amounts of criticism, but here goes. Budke seems to be very well thought of on this site and Bicknell is viewed as a stooge at best. I don't see a great deal of difference, when you look at where these programs were when each coach took over.
    When Barmore stepped down, the Lady Techsters had slipped a little from their heyday. They were no longer the top two or three program they had been in the 80's, but still at the worst estimation a top 10-15 program. And now we are barely getting an at large bid to the NCAA tournament (and I am not sure we deserved that), losing the conference (tournament) we are in, and getting beat in the first round of the NCAA's by that women's basketball powerhouse, Temple. This just did not happen under Barmore. And the way we lost - dying in the second half of a game we clearly had control of in the first half. When the football team does that, there are 100 posts in here about poor coaching and lack of half time adjustments. I have nothing against Budke and I hope he stays, as we could certainly do worse, but I believe the fall off in the program has been somewhat overlooked on this page.
    I think the football program under Bicknell has been quite similar. He inherited a good (not great) mid major team from Crowton and, in my opinion, slipped into mid major mediocrity, but we have not free fallen into an embarrassing low as many on this post would have us believe. He also inherited a team that, under Crowton, had no interest in coaching or playing defense some years. I thought Bicknell should have been fired after 2003, but didn't really mind that he was not fired this year. No bowl this year with this schedule and he should go.
    Anyway, hope this comparison and what I am trying to say makes since even if you do not agree; I guess I have just never heard anyone address this before and thought I'd get my two cents in.
    I agree that many on this board might overrate Budke a little bit. I by no means think he sucks. On the flip side though, I don't see the greatness either. What has he done at the Div. 1 level? And who has he done it against?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george
    I think that there has been plenty of critisizm of Budke this year. If Barmore had not have lost in the first round his last year, there would have been even more comments.

As for losing to Temple, they were a 6 seed and we were an 11 seed. There was no upset there. However, we played them tough and should have won the game. It upsets me more that we lost a huge lead (has happened a lot in the last year) than it did that we lost the game.

Anyway, things are about to change for the better or worse. Ask me in a year or so, which I think it was.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Michigan- I wasnt going to put it out there but the sources are not just from the basketball office, believe me I have plenty more but I'm not going to put them out there. Everybody on here apparently has a "source". Believe me the athletic dept. reads this board if people keep saying my source,my source, they are eventually going to stop telling people stuff. So this is the last thing I'm going to say stranger things have taken place but i would be shocked if Long doesnt replace Budke. I'm sure they are out looking for a big name but will they pull the trigger we will see.
    Does your source tell you why they want to go with Long?
    ________
    StarryEyed
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Michigan- I wasnt going to put it out there but the sources are not just from the basketball office, believe me I have plenty more but I'm not going to put them out there. Everybody on here apparently has a "source". Believe me the athletic dept. reads this board if people keep saying my source,my source, they are eventually going to stop telling people stuff. So this is the last thing I'm going to say stranger things have taken place but i would be shocked if Long doesnt replace Budke. I'm sure they are out looking for a big name but will they pull the trigger we will see.
    Yes, we all have sources...some better than others.

However, you're an idiot for posting that yours is in the basketball office...you just compromised their anonymity!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

i hope they get someone good, but i'm guessing the lady techsters are going to the sewers of NCAA womens bball since our administration sucks. lets see, we have a crappy mens bball, crappy football...

aside from WBB, are we good at anything besides engineering???...and business too, for all the ones who couldn't cut it as an engineer

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Lets keep in mind, that a source from within the basketball department could mean anything from a GA, to intern, to trainer to basketball AD, to assitant coach, to secretary.

So unless the source is from within the AD's office (Jim, Ronny, Marketing Interns/GA's or their respective secretaires, as this is all we have in that office) It really could be pointless. There are alot of "sources" that claim to know... but I can tell you all, from experience, little is known outside of the AD's office, the sports information office alot of time knows very little until it happens.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Well since I was called an idiot by CARTEK I decided to erase all posts. LEts hope the administration makes a good hire. Go Tech!

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

I think that Long would be a good choice but I also agree that he probably won't bring too much excitement in Ruston or on the national level in Women's basketball. I think that we do need a former Lady Techster to come in and get this team back in the elites of the nation. She would bring in so much talent I mean who wouldn't want to play for a WNBA All-Star. I think that Long as the HC and Weatherspoon as the #1 assistant would be a good thing and would get some excitement around the Lady Techsters again. Maybe she can move up in the ranks later on after a few years as assistant coach.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Yes, we all have sources...some better than others.

However, you're an idiot for posting that yours is in the basketball office...you just compromised their anonymity!
    I have no sources. I feel left out.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I have no sources. I feel left out.
    Same here Bigdog... Where can I buy one???

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I would just like to say for the record that this make me SICK! At first, I was sick with Budke. I thought "doesn't Budke know that he was brought in for a reason?! Doesn't he know that he was given the Tech job as an honor, not as a stepping stone?!"
    I though t "what an absolute disrepect to the Tech fans, the program, and the Techsters themselves."
    The fact that he even accepted an interview at Ok. State made me enraged.
    But then I realized there is something more-- something even worse for Tech than a coach leaving. And that is JIM OAKES.
    He has done nothing but concentrate all of his money and time promoting football that he has let Techster basketball slip by the wayside.
    First, he let Mulkey run off to Baylor. FOLKS-- LOOK AT BAYLOR now?! If you remember correctly, all she was asking for was a fifth year on her contract.
    So Barmore came back to save his program and groom Budke for the job.
    And now Budke too wants out.
    You can question Budke all you want for his motives, but you must go to the source of the problem. Who is not keeping these coaches happy and who can not attract a bigger name than CHRIS LONG to the Techster program?!? JIM OAKES!
    An assistant should not even be in the running for this position. What a joke.
    And please, clear your heads about the former Techster being a coach. Just because we were beat by Temple doesn't mean we need to run to a former player (I know Staley played at Virginia-- but I know that's where these ideas are coming from).
    We need to promote the job as being available, interview the best prospective candidates, and get rid of JIM OAKES once and for all.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    The fact that he even accepted an interview at Ok. State made me enraged.
    But then I realized there is something more-- something even worse for Tech than a coach leaving. And that is JIM OAKES.
    He has done nothing but concentrate all of his money and time promoting football that he has let Techster basketball slip by the wayside.
    If JO has spent all of his money and time promoting football, please tell me what we have to show for it.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Yeah, that one kind of threw me too. If they promote anything, its the Lady Techsters. With this administration, it can only get worse.

+ Reply to Thread