+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leon trying to reach out to Kim . . .

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Leon trying to reach out to Kim . . .

Again, people are just jumping on the Cartek bandwagon of hatred and persecution. It's easier to be a follower, isn't it.

All I ever asked and said was should we not question what is going on behind the scenes with Tech athletics? Is it not time for a change at the top? I never attacked Jim Oakes personally. I just think that he has had his fair amount of time to do something and he has not.
    He was given amazing material to work with and he could not amount it to anything. I think he deserves a "C" at best. I think it is time for a new AD.

I never once took a shot at anyone until I was cornered by Mr. Cartek-- the all knowing master of the postboard. I don't need your approval to have my own ideas on a posting board "right out of the box". How amazingly childish.
    Am I suppose to have small thoughts first?
    Is that how this works?

And for this ignorant one, whatever your name is, "EVERYONE BUYS THAT THAT WAS THE LAW?" What degree do you have? Everyone buys it!? Ok, so I guess I do to! Please....

Is this it for you guys. I post a thread you disagree with and it's "WELL WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY?" Hate to break it to you folks, but who the heck are you?

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

HogDawg! If only those around us would wake up.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head... we do need her so much more than she ever needed us.

Add to that she may have lost Beard to Duke, if all of this gossip is true-- but Beard never brought home a national title either....
    Kim is a recruiting genius. She was the backbone of our team. We forget that.

And all I've ever asked today is WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT TO LET ANOTHER COACH GO? no matter what your personal feelings about him are. He was brought in to keep this program afloat, groomed by the master, and then he darts off too.
    Something is fishy...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    As playdeblues stated, if she wanted the job, she would have accepted the 4-year contract.

Either her ego was too big for her own good, or she just didn't want the job.

It will soon be proven that she is not that great of a coach either. Her best player (Young) was recruited while she was at Tech, and when she's gone, Baylor and KMR will sink to the middle of the Big 12.
    You're nuts. Too big for her own good?

EXCUSE ME, but are you in a coma?

KMR is on top of the world right now. She's got recruits in Texas lined up WANTING to play for her. They love her style of play, and they know she's a winner. You know it too. You are just "understandably hurt".

I find the "pettiness" in this thread unreal. KMR is a shining example of someone than CAN SUCCEED, even after being terribly wronged by a school she served faithfully for 15 years as an assistant.

Your anger and jealousy should be directed toward your own school's administration, which obviously missed the boat completely on this one. Instead of putting our women's basketball program on a 747 a few years ago, Oakes and Reneau simply herded the Lady Techsters onto the Titanic.

HD

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

While we want the best coaches in all sports, if one suceeds, the 5th year would not have been a problem. If we would have signed her for 5 years, and it becomes a bad hire, then we are stuck, then that puts the coach in the driver seat while the Administration would have to buy out the contract to get rid of her. Head coaches are held responsible for both failures and winners and have to accept whatever comes along with both.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

HD is full of it on this.

Money was not the issue with her. It was the 5th year plain and simple.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    Oh yeah, and I am sorry, but as I said before, please show me the law. I will most certainly believe it if shown. I don't believe things just because people tell me too. How ignorant and sad.
    You said you have "more than a law degree". Perhaps you could do a little bit of research and let us know what you find out. I'm sort of doubting the "more than a law degree" just based on the quality of the grammar and spelling in your posts. I love to be proven wrong though.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde

I will agree that the 5th year guarantee up front was the straw on the camel's back.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    OK, guys, leave her alone. She's starting to ramble.

If HD were here, he would calm her down.
    Don't be insulting ladies like that. I'm quite certain by the quality of the posts that this poster is a "he"!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg
    While we want the best coaches in all sports, if one suceeds, the 5th year would not have been a problem. If we would have signed her for 5 years, and it becomes a bad hire, then we are stuck, then that puts the coach in the driver seat while the Administration would have to buy out the contract to get rid of her. Head coaches are held responsible for both failures and winners and have to accept whatever comes along with both.
    Easy, you're forgetting one simple thing: There was NOT allot of risk associated with giving KMR a 5th year. She was a proven commodity AT Louisiana Tech. She served Tech graciously for 15 years, even though her true "market value" was much greater on the open market (as we learned with the Baylor hire.)

I fault the Tech administration for not being smart enough to know her value. This is just another in a long line of "bad" decisions that have been made by our leadership over the past 5 years.

If the rest of us made this many mistakes in our career, we'd be out of work in a week.

HD

My apologies for spelling and grammar. Touche. It is late where I am and I have been working nonstop for weeks. I found this board again after a long absence and thought it could take my mind of work for a little bit. I must say, you are correct, I do seem to have let myself go here in terms of grammer and style. One point for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde

I never said anything to the contrary, Clyde. If the "5th year" was the deal breaker, for God's sake Tech should have given her the 5th year. What about that do you NOT understand? KMR was obviously WORTH it!!!

HD

Again HotDawg! Congrats my friend. This is what I have been saying all day.

If my "record" at work was as shaky as the record of Jim Oakes, I would have been out of work after year two.
    No questions asked.

HD, one thing is for sure. KMR should've KNOWN she would have gotten her 5th year after JBIII got an extra year tacked onto his contract fror embarassing us at the Humanitarian Bowl. Of course, that was after she was gone, but I do have some mixed feelings on how bad she really wanted the Tech job. If she didn't, you'd have thought she would've gone some place else long ago for the big bucks you know she'd have gotten. Perhaps, she got cold feet when it came down to it. I've wanted something and then had an ever so brief moment of fear after I got it - she was perhaps just in a fish bowl when it happened. No question she's done well for herself. I don't think I'd want her back now though. And, there's no way she'd come back anyway I don't think. So, that sort of makes it a moot point.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    Again HotDawg! Congrats my friend. This is what I have been saying all day.

If my "record" at work was as shaky as the record of Jim Oakes, I would have been out of work after year two.
    No questions asked.
    You will not find people defending Oakes on this board. I do believe this was out of his control. Would Kim have done a great job at Tech -Yes. The problem is, that is over. She is happy where she is and they are happy with her. She did not owe us to stay. If any of you out there could more than double your salary and have that kind of opportunity, most of us would take it. I wish her well and this conversation is pointless- it is over.

Hopefully we will actually put some thought into our next hire and begin to rebuild our program to the glory days that were so exciting.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    You will not find people defending Oakes on this board. I do believe this was out of his control. Would Kim have done a great job at Tech -Yes. The problem is, that is over. She is happy where she is and they are happy with her. She did not owe us to stay. If any of you out there could more than double your salary and have that kind of opportunity, most of us would take it. I wish her well and this conversation is pointless- it is over.

Hopefully we will actually put some thought into our next hire and begin to rebuild our program to the glory days that were so exciting.
    Exactly! That is over.

+ Reply to Thread