+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is embarrasing

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

This is embarrasing

I couldn't sleep tonight. I get up and have to read quotes like this..

"I'm operating with the basic philosophy that this is a signature athletic program with a storied past," Reneau said. "We want to make sure it has a storied future."

-What about the future of the other programs, are we just going to let them be average and hang our hats on women's basketball?

"I said to the individuals that are serving as the steering committee that this is the most important coaching hire in our history and I am determined to keep this as a signature program," Reneau said.

Because who your football and men's basketball coach is doesn't matter. The world around women's athletics is changing. Let's keep doing what we have always done. Have a great girls program and keep 3,000 people happy while 20,000 football fans have to suffer through Bicknell.

"I kept hearing this mentality that we don't have the money to do this or that," Reneau said. "That's a bad psychology. You limit your horizons before you begin. I asked the group (Tuesday) to approach this as if money is no object. That's a bold statement, but this is a bold program."

Why don't you show them that we do have the money. Show them how you have set up athletics to be a point of pride in the university and is comparable to the other schools in out conference or in CUSA.

"The budget will increase as necessary to maintain a top national program, including paying the next coach a salary that enables us to keep the type program that we desire," Oakes said. "We have a larger women's basketball budget than our men's program and we're one of the few schools in the nation that can make that claim."

Do you know why? Because for the most part, no one cares about women's basketball. We are just throwing money down the drain. Men's basketball gets more money from the tournament than women's. If we made the NCAA's, we would make more money.

Oakes said that Tech President Dan Reneau and the Athletic Council will lead the search for Budke's successor.

If Bicknell leaves after this year, is Dr. Reneau and the Athletic Council going to lead the search. NO! They will let Oakes, who so far not impressed me with his coaching hires. Randy Davis, Jeff Richardson, Jack Bicknell, Kieth Richard, are not exactly proof that he understands what makes a good coach.
    Last edited by Tech XXIX; 03-31-2005 at 05:36 AM.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: This is embarrasing

Women's BB your "signature" program. What a joke. Your right, it is embarrasing.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

At least that article confirms what many on here have felt all along. We know exactly where our problem lies.

I cannot believe Oakes actually admitted the womens budget is bigger than the mens. That is proof positive that he and Reneau are total idiots and do not have the best interest of LA Tech in mind. There is big money available when you make the men's tourney, none if you make the womens.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I cannot believe Oakes actually admitted the womens budget is bigger than the mens. That is proof positive that he and Reneau are total idiots and do not have the best interest of LA Tech in mind. There is big money available when you make the men's tourney, none if you make the womens.
    Well, thankfully we still at least make one of them instead of being total losers.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!.............IDIOTS!!!!

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX
    "The budget will increase as necessary to maintain a top national program, including paying the next coach a salary that enables us to keep the type program that we desire," Oakes said. "We have a larger women's basketball budget than our men's program and we're one of the few schools in the nation that can make that claim."
    Somebody please help me out here...not only is Reneau admitting that our WBB's budget is larger than MBB, he is BRAGGING about it. What is wrong here???

His statement also proves what most of us already know, which is that men's FB is footing the bill for WBB. Reneau whores out our FB team to attempt to keep a dying WBB program alive.

So, Reneau says we are going to increase the budget...and how will he do that??? He probably has Oakes on the phone right now trying to schedule USC for an 800,000 payout so that we can hire some hotshot WBB coach. This is freakin ridiculous and shameful.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I love the Techsters, but this is rediculous. They should never make Football or MBB take the back seat. How can educated men sink so much money into something that has such a small return? I've never taken a business class, yet it makes sense to me. It's depressing. There's no speculating any more, Reneau and Oakes have no idea how to run an athletic department.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

I don't care what the sport is football, mbb, wbb whatever. I don't like beefing up one sport at the sacrifice of the others. There should some sort of parity somewhere.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

"I kept hearing this mentality that we don't have the money to do this or that," Reneau said. "That's a bad psychology. You limit your horizons before you begin. I asked the group (Tuesday) to approach this as if money is no object. That's a bold statement, but this is a bold program." -- Dan Reneau.

Some of you people are phuking amazing. It's no wonder some of the other schools laugh at LA Tech fans (and I'm NOT talking about SBC fans. We don't care what they think).

Dan Reneau FINALLY makes a real FINANCIAL commitment to an athletic program at Tech, and some of you just want to bitch about it. Instead of viewing this as an OPPORTUNITY for real change, some of you are just whining to hear yourselves whine.

Fact is, Reneau FINALLY said something SMART. I agree with his position on this.

Think of this as an OPPORTUNITY FOR CHANGE in philosphy. If Reneau can make a real "money is no object" commitment to the Lady Techsters and it proves to be a worthwhile investment (e.g., Baylors success with KMR), maybe --just maybe-- he'll learn something and take the same approach with football and mens basketball next time around.

HD

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

I agree with everyone that too much emphasis is being placed on WBB. I wish the same emphasis was put on the entire athletic department. But we need to quit making excuses for the football team by referring to their schedule as whoring out. Whatever happened to Anyone - Anywhere - Anytime. We used to take pride in that - now we just make excuses on how uncompetitive the schedule is and how it pays for everything. Well - football pays the bills everywhere. I just wish JO and DR would give FB and MBB the same emphasis as WBB.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm disappointed HD. This highlights how inept our administration is. Let's say we do become a top 10 team...how much increased revenue would that result in? Imagine we had a top 10 MBB or FB team...If our WBB coach continues to make more than our Men's coach, or Football coach for that matter, we'll never build either program.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    "I kept hearing this mentality that we don't have the money to do this or that," Reneau said. "That's a bad psychology. You limit your horizons before you begin. I asked the group (Tuesday) to approach this as if money is no object. That's a bold statement, but this is a bold program." -- Dan Reneau.

Some of you people are phuking amazing. It's no wonder some of the other schools laugh at LA Tech fans (and I'm NOT talking about SBC fans. We don't care what they think).

Dan Reneau FINALLY makes a real FINANCIAL commitment to an athletic program at Tech, and some of you just want to bitch about it. Instead of viewing this as an OPPORTUNITY for real change, some of you are just whining to hear yourselves whine.

Fact is, Reneau FINALLY said something SMART. I agree with his position on this.

Think of this as an OPPORTUNITY FOR CHANGE in philosphy. If Reneau can make a real "money is no object" commitment to the Lady Techsters and it proves to be a worthwhile investment (e.g., Baylors success with KMR), maybe --just maybe-- he'll learn something and take the same approach with football and mens basketball next time around.

HD

I agree 100%

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

HD-don't you realize that these are just WORDS, said to appease a few of the Lady Techsters' ardent fans, WORDS that I have heard before, in private sessions pertaining to our football program with absolutely nothing ever happening after the WORDS are uttered? We WILL hire some noted coach for the wbb program & then, after a breaking-in period, ask he/she to pass around the ONE cell phone they are allotted between coaches when recruiting and, for God's sake, do NOT call anyone on that one, glorious cell phone!!!

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

"Anywhere, Anyone, Anytime" is a stupid motto and a potential recipe for failure. Even national championship and major BCS teams, such as LSU and USC, realize this. You don't see them scheduling out of conference games with each other just to show how big their balls are. It is just not smart.

+ Reply to Thread