+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bulldogs Put On Pads For Practice No. 3

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Football Bulldogs Put On Pads For Practice No. 3

RUSTON, La. – Louisiana Tech donned pads for the first time Friday as the Bulldogs continued spring workouts with their third practice.

The Bulldogs are working in preparation for Bone Bowl III, to be held on April 16.

Tech will practice again Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. with a light scrimmage to be held during the second half of that workout around 10:15 a.m.

The Bulldogs weren’t going full contact in their first practice with pads, but there was still some solid hitting and a few big runs ripped off by sophomore running backs Freddie Franklin and Mark Dillard.

“It was a good effort, and like you expect three practices into Spring workouts we saw some good things and some bad things,” Tech coach Jack Bicknell said. “I know I keep saying it, but you just don’t know at this time in Spring practice.

The main thing is to try to get a good look at some young guys you think might be able to help next season. That’s what I’m doing. If you see something good on one side, then you’re probably seeing something bad on the other. Right now we’re mainly looking for guys we think can play and help us set our roster.”

Bicknell said the early scrimmage should help by giving the Bulldogs a real-game atmosphere.

“It’s just an opportunity to give them a taste of something close to a real game situation,” Bicknell said. “That kind of atmosphere increases intensity and gives you a chance to see some of those young guys putting in the work to get noticed.”

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bulldogs Put On Pads For Practice No. 3

how did the scrimmage go?

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

The most excitement was a wreck on I-20 that shut down both lanes for about two hours....I guess from my stand point the defense was solid. I loved it when Quinn Harris picekd one and took it back 25 yrds....He is playing OLB and looks like he is 225-230 lbs...great looking player...

Dline was huge all day and destroyed the o-line for the most part...

Mark Dillard had a good day again running the rock...Freddie Franklin was not as effective as Dillard. Franklin is a finesse back and glider/slasher but did not really get that much going today. Saw some good runs out of #25 Hicks...made a couple of eight or ten yard runs.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

How's the quarterback situation?

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Eric Newman appears to be our best offensive threat at the moment. He caught several big ones. Holland caught some dinky ones...Senecca looked average.

The other WR's looked pretty salty. I like Augusta and Womack...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    How's the quarterback situation?
    "Tech’s quarterbacks didn’t fare as well as the running backs as all three signal callers were pressured by a defense that turned in eight sacks. Defensive lineman Eddie White led the Bulldogs with 1½ sacks for 14 yards in losses.

Kubik led Tech in passing yards with 40 yards while completing 3-of-13 attempts but was picked off twice with Bo Cox and Quin Harris each nabbing an interception. Donald Allen hit on 5-of-9 passes for 19 yards while Zac Campion made good on 3-of-8 attempted passes for 20 yards."

:bigcry: :bigcry: Although the D must have looked good!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    The most excitement was a wreck on I-20 that shut down both lanes for about two hours....I guess from my stand point the defense was solid. I loved it when Quinn Harris picekd one and took it back 25 yrds....He is playing OLB and looks like he is 225-230 lbs...great looking player...

Dline was huge all day and destroyed the o-line for the most part...

Mark Dillard had a good day again running the rock...Freddie Franklin was not as effective as Dillard. Franklin is a finesse back and glider/slasher but did not really get that much going today. Saw some good runs out of #25 Hicks...made a couple of eight or ten yard runs.
    Some of the people I have talked to think Harris may be a superstar in the making. Built like a rock and pretty good speed to boot.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    Eric Newman appears to be our best offensive threat at the moment. He caught several big ones. Holland caught some dinky ones...Senecca looked average.

The other WR's looked pretty salty. I like Augusta and Womack...

I hope Newman can start hanging on to the ball when we get into the games next Fall....dropped so many last Fall, I lost count after 10. Hope your comments hold true as this would be a big improvement for us.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

How fast is Butler?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Sounds like the O-Line has a long way to go.
    Go Tech!

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

The defense is always ahead of the offense in the spring.

This is not the time to worry.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04

That's exactly right.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04

That wasn't always the case before Conroy became coordinator.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Bulldog
    That wasn't always the case before Conroy became coordinator.
    I think that was the fact of Crowton moving the playmakers to offense. The defense did fairly well in spring considering who they were up against.

+ Reply to Thread