+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim speaks...again!

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Kim speaks...again!

That's it! I have had enough of this Dr. Reneau and Jim Oakes bull. And enough of you fools on here believing this "law" against a fifth year. You are all ignorant.

Read below:
    On yahoo sports

Another contrast between the two coaches is how they were treated by their respective schools after their playing careers were over.

Spurning other offers to leave the state of Louisiana, Mulkey-Robertson worked loyally under Hall of Fame coach Leon Barmore for 15 seasons until he decided to step down after the 1999-2000 season to turn the job over to her. Unfortunately, the administration did not have the utmost faith in her.

"I felt that after 19 years of being at Louisiana Tech, I was worthy of a five-year contract," said Mulkey-Robertson, who was named Big 12 Coach of the Year for the second time this season. "It's the standard in the business. I had turned down three head coaching jobs with significantly more pay to stay at my alma mater.

"They started out with a three-year contract. They felt they were doing me a favor by offering me a fourth year. I was hurt and I left. That's the story. Nothing more."

Feeling betrayed by the only university that she had been affiliated with, Mulkey-Robertson signed on with Baylor, which was on the opposite end of the women's college basketball spectrum. The Lady Bears were coming off a 7-20 season without a single appearance in the NCAA Tournament in school history. In its five seasons under Mulkey-Robertson, Baylor has methodically transformed itself into a national power. Reaching the NCAA Tournament in the coach's first season, the Lady Bears have advanced one round further each season until this one, when they won an extra game to secure their first Final Four appearance.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Kim speaks...again!

If I am not mistaken there was a law on the books at the time preventing a 5 year contract. It since has been changed because LSU wanted to offer "someone" a long term deal recently. Someone on here who is in the biz or has more time could I am sure find the said law in its old and new form.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

That was just her way of getting out. I don't understand why she needed a 5 year contract when she had been there so long. That shows a lack of confidence to me. Who gives a shit anyway, it's women's basketball.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Her public comments certainly make us uncomfortable about rooting for her team against the evil empire tonight! But each of us interested in the subject will have to decide whether to send any positive vibes to either team.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I don't know what happened. I do know that yahoosports isn't the gospel. Hopefully DR and JO are feeling the heat. Everytime she opens her mouth it highlights their lack of skill at their respective positions. Hopefully this will lead to one or both of them retiring to ease the pressure.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I don't know what happened. I do know that yahoosports isn't the gospel. Hopefully DR and JO are feeling the heat. Everytime she opens her mouth it highlights their lack of skill at their respective positions. Hopefully this will lead to one or both of them retiring to ease the pressure.
    Hopefully, it will lead to them hiring someone that will help us on the court.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Wink Re: Kim speaks...again!

I will be watching tonight and pulling for Baylor. If they win she may have more to say on the subject and if that affects the administration in the wrong way, I will be pleased.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    That was just her way of getting out. I don't understand why she needed a 5 year contract when she had been there so long. That shows a lack of confidence to me. Who gives a shit anyway, it's women's basketball.

Good point!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    That's it! I have had enough of this Dr. Reneau and Jim Oakes bull. And enough of you fools on here believing this "law" against a fifth year. You are all ignorant.
    Hmmmm .... Who to believe????

Newbie poster who nobody knows, wont reveal their name and is unwilling/unable to present any qualifications?

OR

Professional Engineer, practicing attorney, 2001 Tech Alumnus of the Year, and longtime poster, AND a CPA, BB&B administrator and family for which a Tech college is named?

Hmmmmmmm ..... Who seems more credible here????

Varsity Bulldog LSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the ears LSUcks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Hmmmm .... Who to believe????

Newbie poster who nobody knows, wont reveal their name and is unwilling/unable to present any qualifications?

OR

Professional Engineer, practicing attorney, 2001 Tech Alumnus of the Year, and longtime poster, AND a CPA, BB&B administrator and family for which a Tech college is named?

Hmmmmmmm ..... Who seems more credible here????
    Based on your discriptions, I side with the newbie poster. The other guy is a professional liar.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Champ 967--
    What are you talking about? There is no question about who's side you are on? You just believe a law because someone told you there is one?! That shows your ignorance. That's all I was saying. But appearantly you are stupid as well, so what should I expect really?

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

dgm- you seem to be the only one hung up on this law...it seems to be more important to you than anyone else. instead of calling the veteran posters "fools" wouldn't it be more beneficial for all paries concerned if YOU looked up the law (or lack thereof) that would add weight to your point and maybe, just maybe, give you some crediblity. but i guess it is a lot easier to call other people "fools" with no hard evidence to back you up...point is: if this "law" is that important to you, research it yourself don't get pissy at us because we won't quote it for you...that's lazy.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

How do you look up the lack of a law? If someone's claiming there's a law, they should be able to point to it. I think he's got a point -- though a particularly impolite way of making it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    You just believe a law because someone told you there is one?!
    Not because someone told me. Because Cartek & DFM told me. I know each of them and I trust each of them. But I've never heard of you. Heck ... I dont even like Cartek. :icon_wink But I'd still take his word over yours in any legal matter or in any Tech-related matter. Expect things to stay that way for as long as you are unwilling to reveal so much as a first name.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

i've now got an ulm guy, that says he knows kim and r personally, that has begun to hairy'ass me about kim being on the sidelines at baylor and not at tech. He takes great joy by the way. Anyway, his newest claim is that, "you don't know the whole story, the way Barmores ego got in the way. She wanted to coach at tech so bad but things happened"

i was actually kinda happy for kim, but, i so damn wishy'washy' that could change.

+ Reply to Thread