+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim speaks...again!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Kim speaks...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    i've now got an ulm guy, that says he knows kim and r personally, that has begun to hairy'ass me about kim being on the sidelines at baylor and not at tech. He takes great joy by the way. Anyway, his newest claim is that, "you don't know the whole story, the way Barmores ego got in the way. She wanted to coach at tech so bad but things happened"

i was actually kinda happy for kim, but, i so damn wishy'washy' that could change.
    Everyone should be proud of the legacy and accomplishments of our ex-athletes at Louisiana Tech.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I stated this once...and I'll do it again.

The policy of the University of Louisiana Board at the time was to only offer contracts with a maximum of 4 years. KMR knew that, just as did DR and JO. About the time KMR left and perhaps because she left, they changed their policy to allow for 5 year deals.

BTW, none of DGM's posts have anything to do with KMR...read 'em...he's just trying to trash JO but needs a crutch to do it!

This conversation is better had in the RECRUITING thread.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Cartek,

Do you have anything in the way of a link to either an old policy statement on the board site or some kind of newspaper comment that directly addresses the policy? I'd really like to be able to point skeptics to something concrete.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    I stated this once...and I'll do it again.

The policy of the University of Louisiana Board at the time was to only offer contracts with a maximum of 4 years. KMR knew that, just as did DR and JO. About the time KMR left and perhaps because she left, they changed their policy to allow for 5 year deals.

BTW, none of DGM's posts have anything to do with KMR...read 'em...he's just trying to trash JO but needs a crutch to do it!

This conversation is better had in the RECRUITING thread.
    I really haven't a clue what he meant when he said something about Barmores ego I wish I could be enlightened, but I guess its one of those "I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya" things. As far as I knew he was totally looking forward to Kim taking over, true of false.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    Cartek,

Do you have anything in the way of a link to either an old policy statement on the board site or some kind of newspaper comment that directly addresses the policy? I'd really like to be able to point skeptics to something concrete.

Actually, all one has to do is go back and look at the contracts given to the respective coaches over the years. I think Dwayne posted some on another thread and none were more than 4 years, if that many. I think most were 3 years which is what Kim was initially offered, then upped to 4 with the promise of a 5th year in some capacity.

I think she knew this and was looking for a way out, as I stated on a previous thread. She wanted her own program. She's said that in 2 different interviews. If she had stayed at Tech, she could have won the National championship every year, but she would still have not been able to take full credit because people could have always said that Leon had built the program. I just don't think she knew how to come out and tell all the Techster faithful that she didn't want to stay, so she lit a fire under the bridge and took off.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Actually, all one has to do is go back and look at the contracts given to the respective coaches over the years. I think Dwayne posted some on another thread and none were more than 4 years, if that many. I think most were 3 years which is what Kim was initially offered, then upped to 4 with the promise of a 5th year in some capacity.

I think she knew this and was looking for a way out, as I stated on a previous thread. She wanted her own program. She's said that in 2 different interviews. If she had stayed at Tech, she could have won the National championship every year, but she would still have not been able to take full credit because people could have always said that Leon had built the program. I just don't think she knew how to come out and tell all the Techster faithful that she didn't want to stay, so she lit a fire under the bridge and took off.
    I think you are dead on.

Puppy ChampDawg is an unknown

Just thought you might like to know who was really behind Kim not getting a "5th" year on the contract. I think it was legal by state law to give a 5th year, the administration did not. But that is not all of the story. It wasn't Reneau nor Oaks fault, they wanted Kim, let me say again, THEY WANTED KIM!!! But they aren't the ones calling the shots in the sports department right now......

guess who is??

DAVISON

No major decision is made unless it runs accross his desk. Kim told a very close source to her that Davison did not want her in the position and used the 5th as a way to shift the blame to her for leaving for Baylor. When you are donating $500,000+ a year to the athletic program, you tend to throw your weight around. So get off the Reneau and Oaks thing, untill other Alumnus step up to the table and start contibuting to the program to a point where $500,000 is a smaller drop in the bucket than the rest of the overall budget, Davison will continue to influence the decision for his on personal gain.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LSUcks
    Based on your discriptions, I side with the newbie poster. The other guy is a professional liar.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDawg
    Just thought you might like to know who was really behind Kim not getting a "5th" year on the contract. I think it was legal by state law to give a 5th year, the administration did not. But that is not all of the story. It wasn't Reneau nor Oaks fault, they wanted Kim, let me say again, THEY WANTED KIM!!! But they aren't the ones calling the shots in the sports department right now......

guess who is??

DAVISON

No major decision is made unless it runs accross his desk. Kim told a very close source to her that Davison did not want her in the position and used the 5th as a way to shift the blame to her for leaving for Baylor. When you are donating $500,000+ a year to the athletic program, you tend to throw your weight around. So get off the Reneau and Oaks thing, untill other Alumnus step up to the table and start contibuting to the program to a point where $500,000 is a smaller drop in the bucket than the rest of the overall budget, Davison will continue to influence the decision for his on personal gain.
    Is "IDIOT" tattoed across your forehead?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDawg
    ...Davison will continue to influence the decision for his on personal gain.
    Okay, I'll venture down your dillusional road. How did ole Jimmy D benefit from KMR not getting the Tech job?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    How do you look up the lack of a law? If someone's claiming there's a law, they should be able to point to it. I think he's got a point -- though a particularly impolite way of making it.
    you call up a lawyer and ask him/her if the law ever existed. i could care less if there is or was a law, policy, or whatever...i just don't appreciate this guy coming on, calling all of us "fools" without knowing us. also if he's got this "insider info" why doesn't he ask one of his "sources" about this law...they should know...if they exist.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    That was just her way of getting out. I don't understand why she needed a 5 year contract when she had been there so long. That shows a lack of confidence to me. Who gives a shit anyway, it's women's basketball.
    Don, your last sentence demonstrates perfectly why you don't understand this.

When a more prestigious university from a more presitgious conference offers you MORE money AND a longer term contract, --and your own school (Tech) treats you badly-- you've got to do the right thing for youself and your family. And that's what Kim did. I commend her for making the RIGHT decision.

Right now, Louisiana Tech has a MUCH BIGGER problem.

How much longer can Louisiana Tech continue to survive with Dan Reneau at the helm? He's repeatedly making a jacka$$ out of our beloved university. And he continues to do it again (not firing Bick), and again (CUSA) and again (KMR).

Five years ago Louisiana Tech pissed all over KMR and now she's paying Dan Reneau back 10-fold. Now EVERYBODY in women's basketball knows the name "Dan Reneau", and the fact that his loyalties run skin deep. He is respresentative of a jacka$$ figurehead. To continue denying it, or to be bitter toward the victim (KMR), is just silly. Get over it. Come clean. Let's just admit that our administration made a ANOTHER mistake of biblical proportions, and move on.

It's now time for all Tech suporters to admit that Dan Reneau might be a much bigger liability than he is an asset.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Hmmmm .... Who to believe????

Newbie poster who nobody knows, wont reveal their name and is unwilling/unable to present any qualifications?

OR

Professional Engineer, practicing attorney, 2001 Tech Alumnus of the Year, and longtime poster, AND a CPA, BB&B administrator and family for which a Tech college is named?

Hmmmmmmm ..... Who seems more credible here????
    Damn Champ967, ......up against those credentials, none of us have a chance.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    you call up a lawyer and ask him/her if the law ever existed. i could care less if there is or was a law, policy, or whatever...i just don't appreciate this guy coming on, calling all of us "fools" without knowing us. also if he's got this "insider info" why doesn't he ask one of his "sources" about this law...they should know...if they exist.
    Well.......he does have a valid point. It is silly for anyone with a college education to believe there was a "state law" preventing 5-year employment contracts for coaches. One only needs to look at the long term contract Nick Saban signed at LSU to know that no such law exists. Furthermore, if such a law did exist, it would put the state of Louisiana at a huge disadvantage against it's competitors.

There's a difference between a "law" and a "policy". CARTEK said the University of Louisiana System (of which LSU is not a member) had a POLICY against contracts longer than 4 years. That may or may not be true. But unlike laws, "policies" are typically malleable in nature, as long as a "higher authority" gives approval (e.g., a store manager can approve something against "policy".)

I see this scenariio exactly opposite of DirtyDawg. At the end of the day, it's not inconceivable that Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes used the University of Louisiana "POLICY" cap (if indeed it really did exist) as a scapegoat to substantiate their weak 4-year offer. KMR knew the policy COULD have been overridden if Reneau would have only sought an appeal to a higher "UofL system" authority. Reneau chose NOT to elevate the issue, and now he looks like a jacka$$ to the world of college basketball.

HD

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

How much longer can Louisiana Tech continue to survive with Dan Reneau at the helm? He's repeatedly making a jacka$$ out of our beloved university. And he continues to do it again (not firing Bick), and again (CUSA) and again (KMR).

In relative terms, not much longer. Maybe 8-10 more years as a Div1-A football team with Dr. Dan in charge. We are already on lifesupport.

WE HAVE BEEN WHORING our football team out for 10-15 years to pay for other programs, including Womens B-BAll. To a tiny extent everyone small has to do this but we take it to OBSURD LEVELS!

Dwayne has pointed out that we cant even finish paying for programs that were supposedly "paid" for and initiated years and years ago. Hell, we cant even paint our stadiums or remove condemed bleachers for new ones!

I can go on and on about our HC situation in football, CUSA, Moats having to leave because we stink, Millsap becoming the first player EVER to lead the NCAA's in boards as a fresh and soph...with 500 people in the stands because we want to sell $15 tickets and not market him....

Like I said earlier, DR DAN is turing us into a joke. We have already been a joke, I think now we are finally seeing it.

+ Reply to Thread