+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim speaks...again!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Kim speaks...again!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I see this scenariio exactly opposite of DirtyDawg. At the end of the day, it's not inconceivable that Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes used the University of Louisiana "POLICY" cap (if indeed it really did exist) as a scapegoat to substantiate their weak 4-year offer. KMR knew the policy COULD have been overridden if Reneau would have only sought an appeal to a higher "UofL system" authority. Reneau chose NOT to elevate the issue, and now he looks like a jacka$$ to the world of college basketball.

HD

You're correct, HD. It's not inconceivable, however, somehow I can't resolve that scenario with the fact that she continues to mention wanting her own program, and the fact that, for all intents and purposes, KMR is the poster child for the Lady Techsters who, we all now know, are Dan Reneau's apple and that he wouldn't change the policy to get her to stay.

New twist to my theory. I still believe that KMR wanted her own program and wouldn't have stayed with the Techsters, but I think that if she had gotten a 5 year deal, she would have signed, then several years of winning, she would have gone with a BCS school for the money she's getting now because Tech wouldn't have given it to her, plus she would've had her state retirement. When Baylor came with the money, she decided to go sooner than later, thereby giving her the chance to "start" her own program.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Well.......he does have a valid point. It is silly for anyone with a college education to believe there was a "state law" preventing 5-year employment contracts for coaches. One only needs to look at the long term contract Nick Saban signed at LSU to know that no such law exists. Furthermore, if such a law did exist, it would put the state of Louisiana at a huge disadvantage against it's competitors.

There's a difference between a "law" and a "policy". CARTEK said the University of Louisiana System (of which LSU is not a member) had a POLICY against contracts longer than 4 years. That may or may not be true. But unlike laws, "policies" are typically malleable in nature, as long as a "higher authority" gives approval (e.g., a store manager can approve something against "policy".)

I see this scenariio exactly opposite of DirtyDawg. At the end of the day, it's not inconceivable that Dan Reneau and Jim Oakes used the University of Louisiana "POLICY" cap (if indeed it really did exist) as a scapegoat to substantiate their weak 4-year offer. KMR knew the policy COULD have been overridden if Reneau would have only sought an appeal to a higher "UofL system" authority. Reneau chose NOT to elevate the issue, and now he looks like a jacka$$ to the world of college basketball.

HD
    my whole point was that dgm needs to research for himself and not expect us to do it. i don't care if there was a law/policy, what's done is done. dr and jo have done enough already to earn my scorn this is just one more thing. policy or not, this is just another blunder by the ahtletic dept in a long, long, long list.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

It's now time for all Tech suporters to admit that Dan Reneau might be a much bigger liability than he is an asset.

HD
    I don't think you'd find many on this board that don't agree with that statement. This group believes that athletics is the window that the world sees the university through....or something like that.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I may be wrong - but I think the "policy" or "law" was changed to accomodate one of Saban's contracts - whether it was his first or a renewal I can't remember -

It's not uncommon with states and there are/were similar laws in Texas, AR, MS and AL at one time or another -

I believe MS just changed theirs to allow a "state" employee to have a 6 year contract -

And like it or not - a football or baseketball coach at a STATE funded UNIVERSITY is a STATE employee -

I think the administration may have used the length of the contract as a "crutch" but I also believe that Mulkey was looking for an "out" to avoid following Leon - remember she "courted" the A&M job the previous year...

Let's face it - their was equal fault on both sides -

Tech's main problem was they tried to "low-ball her" from the start and I use that term loosely because she was offered the highest paying contract of any coach on campus at the time - not as much as Leon but more than FOOTBALL and much more than mbb -

And when Tech finally - up the $$$ their was then a question about the length - it went from 3 to 4 and then from 4 to a guaranteed 5th in "some capacity" - they should have had the money and time "Right" from the get go, they knew the market price from prior years and other assistants leaving -

But the damage had been done -

Like I said, I still have my doubts whether she would have accepted it outright if everything was "right" - has she ever said TECH was the only "job" she ever wanted or dreamed of?

I can't remember it, not then and not now -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChampDawg
    Just thought you might like to know who was really behind Kim not getting a "5th" year on the contract. I think it was legal by state law to give a 5th year, the administration did not. But that is not all of the story. It wasn't Reneau nor Oaks fault, they wanted Kim, let me say again, THEY WANTED KIM!!! But they aren't the ones calling the shots in the sports department right now......

guess who is??

DAVISON

No major decision is made unless it runs accross his desk. Kim told a very close source to her that Davison did not want her in the position and used the 5th as a way to shift the blame to her for leaving for Baylor. When you are donating $500,000+ a year to the athletic program, you tend to throw your weight around. So get off the Reneau and Oaks thing, untill other Alumnus step up to the table and start contibuting to the program to a point where $500,000 is a smaller drop in the bucket than the rest of the overall budget, Davison will continue to influence the decision for his on personal gain.

Still DR's fault for letting someone else call the shots if he was wanting to do something different and not having the balls to make sure KMR stayed at home. I agree with the other posters who think that he has become a liability to Louisiana Tech. Time to get him promoted.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Not because someone told me. Because Cartek & DFM told me. I know each of them and I trust each of them. But I've never heard of you. Heck ... I dont even like Cartek. :icon_wink But I'd still take his word over yours in any legal matter or in any Tech-related matter. Expect things to stay that way for as long as you are unwilling to reveal so much as a first name.
    Because you are their bitch.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    Oooooh...that was a good one. You really got him dude. Can your mom bring us to the movies in the minivan this weekend?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

zing ===================> PLOP ! ! ! ! ! !

LOL ! ! ! !

(sorry, 967, just can't help it )

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    In relative terms, not much longer. Maybe 8-10 more years as a Div1-A football team with Dr. Dan in charge. We are already on lifesupport.

WE HAVE BEEN WHORING our football team out for 10-15 years to pay for other programs, including Womens B-BAll. To a tiny extent everyone small has to do this but we take it to OBSURD LEVELS!

Dwayne has pointed out that we cant even finish paying for programs that were supposedly "paid" for and initiated years and years ago. Hell, we cant even paint our stadiums or remove condemed bleachers for new ones!

I can go on and on about our HC situation in football, CUSA, Moats having to leave because we stink, Millsap becoming the first player EVER to lead the NCAA's in boards as a fresh and soph...with 500 people in the stands because we want to sell $15 tickets and not market him....

Like I said earlier, DR DAN is turing us into a joke. We have already been a joke, I think now we are finally seeing it.
    Alta,

Do some research and you will find that our game guarantees are no where near out of line with most Universities. This is becoming a BIG misconception on the part of most TECH fans.

The problem that has been pointed out is that all programs but the Lady Techsters have to seek game guarantees. Meaning the Lady Techsters get to play the UCONN's, Tennessee's and the elite WBB programs both on the road and at HOME. While most of the other programs play them entirely on the road.

The football team generates the bulk of the game guarantee money, but we don't spend ANY money to bring opponents in.....or in essence give opponents guarantees. I am still wondering how we are going to get a 5th home game in football for 06'? Anyone know?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Now there's an intelligent response.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

"I am still wondering how we are going to get a 5th home game in football for 06'? Anyone know?"

i guess we will have to pull a ulm and play miss st. or ole miss in jackson for our home game and go to starkville or oxford 2 or 3 times.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Now there's an intelligent response.
    Boyd -

Don't forget which days your mine and which days your Cartek's...

It really messes things up when that happens -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Dont forget .... maddawg still gets custody every other Saturday.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget .... maddawg still gets custody every other Saturday.
    I think I missed something here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I think I missed something here.
    I choose not to ask. There are some things that we just don't want to know.

+ Reply to Thread