+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IF Leon Barmore were to coach at Tech....

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

IF Leon Barmore were to coach at Tech....

If Coach Barmore were to coach again at Tech, which group would you want him coaching - the men or the ladies? I'd rather him coach the men and get them back on track. Obviously a hypothetical since we're going to do our typical nothing about unsuccessful coaches.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: IF Leon Barmore were to coach at Tech....

Women

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I would love to see him in either position. However, we need him MUCH worse for the men. We should recruit a top wbb coach for the women and get Barmore in with the men to see if he could turn that program around.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I can't imagine anyone wanting to coach our women with Barmore coaching the men. That would be very difficult.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    I can't imagine anyone wanting to coach our women with Barmore coaching the men. That would be very difficult.
    I don't know about that. Since he would have to start off with kr's recruits as players, that could take a little luster off the Barmore legend, at least in the short term, hopefully only the very short term.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

If we have the choice, give him the men's job. But whichever, as long as he has one of them we can be successful in something.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The men.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

neither

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

It is a mixed question with a mixed answer for me.

He likely could have several years of success with either.

However, some of us older fellows envy him being able to retire so young and be prosperous and a respected part of his community.

I'm a bit older than he and can understand both wanting to coach and wanting to retire. I can't actually retire, only search for a pleasing occupation when I take my Social Security. Thank goodness they didn't give me the option of investing outside that system, because I wouldn't have been any better off, unless I had a really great investment counselor!

Maybe I'll pick up some freelance writing and have time to be a volunteer coach again, something I has success at without any certification. Heck, if I lived in Ruston I'd be a volunteer waterboy and fund-raiser for the athletic department. Especially if I got to use the workout facilities and hoop floors in the off hours to keep in shape.

+ Reply to Thread