+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Color Is Your Jersey...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

What Color Is Your Jersey...

No numbers at MSU and pink jerseys (formerly) at UA, what is the world coming to....

Nutt doesn't want to offend cancer survivors

Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said that players caught loafing will no longer wear pink jerseys during practices in an effort to avoid offending breast cancer survivors.

Nutt received negative reaction from people when they saw the players in the pink jerseys. Breast cancer survivors and their supporters often wear pink ribbons, and the nationwide Race for the Cure, which raises funds for breast cancer research, uses the color pink as well.

"That's the last thing I want to do, is to offend a cancer victim, someone who I know how strong and brave they are," Nutt said. "That was the last thing on our mind, to discredit somebody who has shown a lot of toughness. I've had members of my family who had cancer."

Nutt said the coaches are considering another color, possibly burnt orange, the color of Arkansas rival Texas.

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

Re: What Color Is Your Jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    No numbers at MSU and pink jerseys (formerly) at UA, what is the world coming to....

Nutt doesn't want to offend cancer survivors

Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said that players caught loafing will no longer wear pink jerseys during practices in an effort to avoid offending breast cancer survivors.

Nutt received negative reaction from people when they saw the players in the pink jerseys. Breast cancer survivors and their supporters often wear pink ribbons, and the nationwide Race for the Cure, which raises funds for breast cancer research, uses the color pink as well.

"That's the last thing I want to do, is to offend a cancer victim, someone who I know how strong and brave they are," Nutt said. "That was the last thing on our mind, to discredit somebody who has shown a lot of toughness. I've had members of my family who had cancer."

Nutt said the coaches are considering another color, possibly burnt orange, the color of Arkansas rival Texas.
    Well, the homos have taken rainbows away from Hawaii and now cancer survivors take pink away from Arkansas. Political correctness has gone too far.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I just want to know what sane, rational person could look over and happen to see a football player practicing in a pink jersey and then think to themselves, "Hmmm, I do believe they are making fun of breast cancer survivors."

Political correctness makes me want to throw up.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Bulldog
    Well, the homos have taken rainbows away from Hawaii
    I agree. Over compensating on political correctness makes me sick. But then again so do comments like yours.

And by the way... it wasn't the "homos" that took the rainbow out of rainbow warriors. It was a group of meatheads at the top that weren't secure enough with their sexuality to leave the long standing Hawai'ian mascot unchanged.

I'd appreciate it if you'd keep football on the football forum and fag bashing to yourself.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And I thought it was because they made Jeff Gordon drop the rainbow off of his Dupont #24 paint scheme and his crew to drop the use of "Rainbow Warriors"....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy TechFan2 has turned a few heads around hereTechFan2 has turned a few heads around here

I think Omaha hit a nerve!

Varsity Bulldog Omaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really niceOmaha Bulldog is just really nice Omaha Bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFan2
    I think Omaha hit a nerve!
    Those damn nerves - always getting in the way.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

I'm just saying think before you post, Omaha. If the university is the house and athletics is the front porch, then this board is front lawn. Let's not litter it with garbage.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9
    I'm just saying think before you post, Omaha. If the university is the house and athletics is the front porch, then this board is front lawn. Let's not litter it with garbage.
    Great analogy.

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Well, now I am offended. As a proud wearer of burnt orange during hunting season, I think I feel humiliated. Can they choose another color?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9
    Are you worried about offending homos?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore Dawg
    Well, now I am offended. As a proud wearer of burnt orange during hunting season, I think I feel humiliated. Can they choose another color?
    Actually research has shown the safest color for hunters to wear is hot pink...... I don't expect people to rush out and buy it. BTW, I have never worn orange while hunting. That tells you how long ago I quit. It was back in the days of horses not 4 wheelers. Of course, I was 17 before I knew people hunted deer in the daytime. Well, I guess I knew, but couldn't see why.

+ Reply to Thread