+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bicknell Pleased with Wednesday Practice

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Bicknell Pleased with Wednesday Practice

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    Didn't Duke show interst in him a year or two ago?
    I've often wondered who would pull such a cruel joke as to start a rumor like that ??

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It is so hard for me to get excited about our football program with JB at the head. However, I do like some of the things I am hearing. I hope I am not getting set up for a fall again.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    I've often wondered who would pull such a cruel joke as to start a rumor like that ??
    Heck, just think about how those poor Dukies must have felt.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Okay fellas, enough of the friendly banter. Probably the reason why the scrimmage went so well Sat was because I didn't hear Bick rant and rave as usual. I don't recall hearing him at all, maybe that's the secret to us playing well. As I was watching the scrimmage I was trying to figure out what we were running on O and it hit me today when I read we're running Utah's O. It appeared we were running different pass routes and the running game will definitely have a different look, I just hope it resembles Utah's. I know people are wondering what happened to the D if 10 TD's were scored but actually the ball was placed in the red zone at times and that made it appear as though there was no D. The D did a wonderful job early on but things loosened up on O when Franklin ripped off a 25 yd run which set up an eventual score.

For all you Champion fans out there, Zac had a decent outing. He did throw a nice TD to a WR(not sure who) that was about a 30 yd play. Kubik is still the man at QB, he has poise and is in command on the field, he went 11-15 for 111yds. DA, at times looks great and then there are times when you wonder if he is on the same planet as the rest of us. Right now, it appears that DA is still the #2 guy with Zac providing plenty of competition.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    It is so hard for me to get excited about our football program with JB at the head. However, I do like some of the things I am hearing. I hope I am not getting set up for a fall again.
    In today's paper an article talks about Tech experimenting with Meyer's offense he used at Utah, and will probably install at UF too. Hines is quoted saying they want to get the QB (Kubic/Allen) out on the perimeter more, kinda like the naked bootlegs Kubic ran several times last year. Hines also said they have played around with this type of offense in past springs, but get cold feet when the season starts and stick with a conservative approach. Hmmmm....

Well, at least it appears Bick/Hines are TRYING to think. That's very encouraging. I know it's hard to be optimistic with the current coaching staff. Heck, it's not like we haven't got a track record to judge them by .

BUT! the old fighter in me always keeps burning that flicker of hope...kind of like the pilot light in a furnace. Remember, this year's schedule is not nearly as brutal as the past two. That alone is reason to be hopeful. And maybe, just maybe, Bick/Hines have learned from their mistakes. There is always that hope.....isn't there?

Go Dawgs! Win the WAC! Go bowling!

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Do you think we should play 4 or 5 body bag games in order to make enough money to send the Techsters to Alaska, San Juan, any other exotic locale they can hold a women's tourney??

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    Do you think we should play 4 or 5 body bag games in order to make enough money to send the Techsters to Alaska, San Juan, any other exotic locale they can hold a women's tourney??
    I know that comment didn't belong as a slam against me, so I won't take it that way.

You see, I am one of the few that believes that we should play "anybody anywhere anytime". We just need a coach that can compete! Right now we don't have a coach that can do that. So, maybe this year will give us a chance to go bowling. I am fine with that.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Steve Spurrier could be our coach and it wouldn't help us compete with the BCS schools... Did you listen to Big Mick on the radio??

Champ 110, if my daughter grows up to be good enough to play basketball in college I'll be the biggest supporter there is... I don't have a problem with the game itself...

I do have a problem with our school, putting more emphasis on that one sport, than others that can make MORE overall money and help fund all sports... Sending the football team to play TN, MI, Aub, Fresno, etc in conseutive weeks is suicide... I don't think Jack is the best coach we could have, but he and his assistants don't even have a knife in the gunfight that is the WAC, for pete's sake...

My problem with you and other Techster lovers is that there is only so much Pie right now... The "tradition" of the Techsters is more important than competitively funding our other sports... If the Techsters were able to see a financial windfall and help pay for the other sports, I'd be first in line with you to see them at the top of the totem pole... They will continue to slide as other BCS schools put money in the coffers of the best coaches... They'll fly recruits in to see their schools, we'll make ours drive in... They'll see a completely renovated PMAC(for instance), ours will see a 24 year old floor and gag in the bathrooms, that have towel dispensers with enough rust that rustoleum would never get off... EVERY sport is experiencing this same the, mind you...

The ultimate problem is we are running our athletic program like it was run in the 60's and 70's... It has become a huge business now and we have ignored that and refuse to change our ways... If it were men's soccer, or women's golf that got the more favorable treatment, I would be against it...

You complain about Bicknell... Let me ask you this... How can a defense get better when they have had 5 different coordinators in 5 years due to one thing... $$$$$!!!! We don't pay our football assistants anywhere comparable to our competition... Find one assistant that has left Tech for LESS money... You won't because they don't exist!!! People bitch about Conroy, hell, he's doing 3 other jobs that his counterparts at other schools DON'T have to worry about...

This whole thing comes down to money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't have enough of it and DR and company don't seem to understand that there are two programs that can bring in more money, but yet they continue to treat them as second class to the "signature" program at Tech... Therein lies the problem with the whole stinking picture...

Good Luck to the Techsters... The only program that matters!!
    Last edited by Memdawg; 04-11-2005 at 10:58 AM.

I will say this one time again and that is it: IT IS NOT A COMPETITION BETWEEN TECH SPORTS! We need to focus on funding for the football team NOW! Just because wbb is funded (not near at the level that is competitive with top 10 programs like it is), that does NOT mean that football can not be funded and supported much more than it is. You see, this is NOT all about funding. This is about an administration that is to chicken to fire someone when they need to be fired. Bicknell needs to be out of the picture before money is talked about for the football coach.

All this talk about "a slice of the pie" is bull. The pie can be sliced in many different ways. There is a such thing as investment in things that matter.

Also, while I am a Techster fan, I resent it being insinuated that because I support that program that I don't support the others. Y

You see, Memdawg, the biggest difference in us is that I am a TECH fan. I love to win in ALL our sports and believe that all our athletic programs should be funded correctly.

So, you can argue with yourself on this one. I believe that DR and JO need to work on getting some corporate sponsors for our facilities, improve the facilities, MARKET, fire the coach, and pay enough to get a good coach here. I don't think we differ so much on that. The big difference is that I want the same thing for MBB, Baseball, and the Techsters.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

This is about an administration that is to chicken to fire someone when they need to be fired. Bicknell needs to be out of the picture before money is talked about for the football coach.

I love to win in ALL our sports and believe that all our athletic programs should be funded correctly.

So, you can argue with yourself on this one. I believe that DR and JO need to work on getting some corporate sponsors for our facilities, improve the facilities, MARKET, fire the coach, and pay enough to get a good coach here. I don't think we differ so much on that. The big difference is that I want the same thing for MBB, Baseball, and the Techsters.
    I agree with these comments 100%.

I will say this one time again and that is it: IT IS NOT A COMPETITION BETWEEN TECH SPORTS! We need to focus on funding for the football team NOW! Just because wbb is funded (not near at the level that is competitive with top 10 programs like it is), that does NOT mean that football can not be funded and supported much more than it is. You see, this is NOT all about funding. This is about an administration that is to chicken to fire someone when they need to be fired. Bicknell needs to be out of the picture before money is talked about for the football coach.

All this talk about "a slice of the pie" is bull. The pie can be sliced in many different ways. There is a such thing as investment in things that matter.

Also, while I am a Techster fan, I resent it being insinuated that because I support that program that I don't support the others. Y

You see, Memdawg, the biggest difference in us is that I am a TECH fan. I love to win in ALL our sports and believe that all our athletic programs should be funded correctly.

Champ 110,

I'm just the only one needling you!! There are many others!! It IS a competition when the president of the university frames the situation the way he did in the paper... He just said what thousands have thought for a long, long time... Funding the Techsters at a higher level than the men, is utterly insane!!!

Finally, you or anyone can kiss my ass, when you question how much a fan I am of which Tech sports... By the way, I don't remember meeting you at the Fresno, or Miami games when I personally brought the bands in to play and try to enhance the tailgating for those games... I met tons of other bbb'ers... Maybe I just missed you...
    I admit, Football, basketball are more important on my priority list...

The real "big difference", for you is, you are fine with all the funding as long as the Techsters are the top priority and taken care of!!! I see it where they should be no higher than third on the priority list... Maybe lower than baseball, even...

All this being based on the current budget situation, due to the fact that DR and JO will do NOTHING to enhance the fundraising, marketing, etal, anytime in the future... That is the reality of the situation... There IS only a finite amount of money to go around... The pie ain't growin' cause we invest in things that "matter", instead of make wise investments!!

Your turn...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Champ110,

Ask Bicknell, Richard, or Simoneaux if they feel any competition for funding with the Lady Techsters.

Not gonna do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Tech sports - all of them. I don't make it to all away games, but I do travel from Texas to almost every home game. Sorry if that doesn't meet your standards. You are right about that, I should try to do more.

On the other comments, I will just smile and state that I think you understand what I am talking about.

Please see my post on "Tech riding wave of success"!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread