+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is my issue

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

This is my issue

I think Long will be ok, I really do. I am not upset like most people on this baord about this hire. I wish we would have hired a female caoch like Brown, etc... Long really doesn't have any roots at Tech. If he is a winner, then an SEC school w/ lots of cash will be calling him soon. Anyway, back to my issue:

Dan Reneau is a liar. He is a 100% spineless liar. To go public and say how money is no object and this nationwide search and yada yada yada yada was a bunch of bull$hit. Why does he lie? There was no reason to say all of that crap. We really don't even know who they interviewed, so how in the hell is it a nationwide search? Don't lie to us! If I see him this weekend, i will tell him to his sorry face that I think he is bringing down our entire Athletic program.

In all fairness, Long deserves a shot, but obviously that was their intentions from the get go, so why lie about it.

Dan Reneau is so gutless, testicless, spineless, etc... How in the hell is he the president of a university?

I'm so pissed, not even that Long is the head coach, it is the whole process of how it went down.

I am just about tired of it all, the lack of committment, the "no desire" to win, or the "no desire" to the be the very best. I know ya'll are too, I don't what to do.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: This is my issue

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Dan Reneau is so gutless, testicless, spineless, etc... How in the hell is he the president of a university?
    Rooster,

Is testicless a word? I get your point and I agree 100%.

But you really should cut these guys some slack. Reneau and Oakes are probably exhausted from their two-day nationwide search.

What a couple of bozos.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

I think Long will do well also. We have a better chance with him than we would have with anyone else after that exhastive, no holds barred, "money is no object" national search.

IF DR DAN WAS A CEO, for a public company, there would be an emergency board meeting called for the weekend and he would be forced to step down.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Why does he lie? There was no reason to say all of that crap. We really don't even know who they interviewed, so how in the hell is it a nationwide search? Don't lie to us! If I see him this weekend, i will tell him to his sorry face that I think he is bringing down our entire Athletic program.
    Rooster,

To attempt a serious answer to your question...

Reneau is a politician and nothing but a politician. He only considers the political aspects of decisions and only considers the political consequences of decicisons. He does not care about the structure of the organization, the symbolic benefits of a WINNING program, and I think he has very little understanding of the human resource aspect involved in putting together a winning organization. In short, he is short-sighted in all aspects of running the university, except for the few visions he has. His vision of the nano-building is something he pushes for because he has a clear picture in his head. Any aspect of the university for which he does not have a clear vision (which is most aspects) is secondary and gets very little attention/funding/assistance.

So, since he is nothing but political, and since public opinion weighs very heavily in politics, he had to say something. Everyone on this board has been saying for years that we needed to get serious about athletics, but no one gave us a second glance. Some newspaper reporters have even publicly trashed this site and its users for making such demands. But, when Leon Barmore says the same thing, they put him in the paper. Leon is the only guy in all of North La. who has the political capital to say what he said and get the publicity that he got, especially with the timing of KMR winning the NC at Baylor.

So, after Leon's (accurate) comments, Reneau started playing personal damage control without any consideration to damage control for the Athletic Dept. He went public and assured all the blue hairs that he would "appoint a committee", that he would "tell the committee to think as if money were no object", and to conduct a "nationwide search". All of that was fluff for the public because he knew the whole time that money was an object, that we would only make a few phone calls before hiring the next guy on the bench, and that he did not give a damn about the consequences to the Athletic Dept. as long as there were no consequences for Dan Reneau's over-inflated ego and his own (inaccurate) belief of how he is perceived by Tech alumni.

Reneau needs to get over himself and find a nice spot in a retirement home somewhere.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I think Long will be ok, I really do. I am not upset like most people on this baord about this hire. I wish we would have hired a female caoch like Brown, etc... Long really doesn't have any roots at Tech. If he is a winner, then an SEC school w/ lots of cash will be calling him soon. Anyway, back to my issue:

Dan Reneau is a liar. He is a 100% spineless liar. To go public and say how money is no object and this nationwide search and yada yada yada yada was a bunch of bull$hit. Why does he lie? There was no reason to say all of that crap. We really don't even know who they interviewed, so how in the hell is it a nationwide search? Don't lie to us! If I see him this weekend, i will tell him to his sorry face that I think he is bringing down our entire Athletic program.

In all fairness, Long deserves a shot, but obviously that was their intentions from the get go, so why lie about it.

I'm so pissed, not even that Long is the head coach, it is the whole process of how it went down.

I am just about tired of it all, the lack of committment, the "no desire" to win, or the "no desire" to the be the very best. I know ya'll are too, I don't what to do.
    I agree totally. Seems as though, call me crazy, but when replacing a coach, don't you, aren't you expected to, fill the position with the absolute best coach you can find. Now, Long just may be that man, but, don't you sell yourself, your fans, and your ENTIRE program short by making it a two man national search. this was an opportunity to search far and wide and bring in a kick'ash coach that would inspire and thrill the fans. So much for an inspiring hire. We should have been able to expect less and given more, instead we expected more and were force fed less. I'm walking that wall between caring and not giving a rats ass, time will tell which way I fall.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Excellent post Stray...I agree 100%
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread