+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hmmm... Long named hc. What a surprise?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hmmm... Long named hc. What a surprise?

I think there was a large amount of interest. They looked at the interest and picked the top 3 - Long, Harper, and Wagner. Long was interviewed face to face, Harper was brought in and seriously considered, Wagner was unavailable to come in on short notice. Therefore, Wagner was interviewed by phone. If she and Tech were both interested, it would have progressed.

There was a timeline. We had to get someone in place quick due to signing day coming up. I believe that Harper would have got the job if Leon had not wanted Long. I think he made a personal plea to hire him. They were very serious about Harper.

Now, all of this is a guess. However, it is very common to narrow a list of potentials down to only the top 3 to interview.

Of all that our administration has done wrong, I say this was handled right (even though Long was not my first choice). We are so used to complaining that when they do something right, we still complain.

Give them a little credit on this one. If we always complain, even when things are done right, we will never be taken seriously.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I agree Champ! He was not my 1st choice, but we could have done a lot worse. Perhaps he is the next Leon or Geno... I just hope we can get a couple of quality big girls to sign on Wednesday. At least Budke did not exactly leave the cupboard bare when he left. If he is as good a x&o coach as advertised we will do just fine. I do think that it would be interesting to see who applied for the job. We would probably be surprised at some of the names...

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Or shocked at the lack thereof.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar

Guys, after reading thru this thread, I have come to the conclusionthat DGM is none other than our good friend BD28. I could be wrong, but the arguments presented are very close to what Michael has made---and he is against WBB too.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Jerry Stovall

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

BD28 would never use the word "faux" to describe the search process! "Phony" or "bullshit" but never "faux."

I think DGM works in the athletic department and doesn't have the balls to confront JO on anything.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Or this...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Reading back thru this thread to 2005 it is comical some of you predicted that Long would turn out better for Tech than Budke would for OSU...

Hopefully, Spoon will right the ship and help Long keep his job, or better yet, replace him. But, I know better than to make predictions. I'll just say that Spoon will bring renewed hope and enthusiasm to the program and that I pray she can help turn it around.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Reading back thru this thread to 2005 it is comical some of you predicted that Long would turn out better for Tech than Budke would for OSU...

Hopefully, Spoon will right the ship and help Long keep his job, or better yet, replace him. But, I know better than to make predictions. I'll just say that Spoon will bring renewed hope and enthusiasm to the program and that I pray she can help turn it around.
    Read back far enough to see what most of us wanted. The predictions and support came AFTER he was named, because that was the right thing to do. He is still HC and I still support him. I hope Spoon can bring the missing ingredient and becomes the heir to the program.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

If I remember correctly, I was probably one of them. But then again, I was going by what the other coaches had to say about him, and like Champ said, trying to be supportive.

+ Reply to Thread