+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmmm... Long named hc. What a surprise?

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Hmmm... Long named hc. What a surprise?

And if you all aren't as sick as me over the entire faux NATIONAL search for a new head coach...
    If only more of you had stepped up and protested this when I told you the search was over before the Jolly interview.
    Sorry for the insider info. Guess it didn't do any good telling you it anyway...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hmmm... Long named hc. What a surprise?

Looks like a great hire to me.

Not throwing away money and we have someone who wants to be in Ruston.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

AGAIN, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT MORE CLEAR TO YOU. I AM NOT PROTESTING LONG AS A HIRE. HE WILL BE FINE.

WHAT I AM PROTESTING IS THE LACK OF A NATIONAL SEARCH WHEN SOMEONE TOLD YOU THAT THERE WAS ONE GOING ON.
    WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A WEEK IS THAT THERE HAS NEVER, EVER BEEN A REAL NATIONAL SEARCH FOR OUR HC. AND YOU ALL CONTINUE TO DENY WHAT I AM TELLING YOU, YELL AT ME FOR GIVING UP INSIDER INFO, AND THEN WHEN I SAY SEE WHAT HAPPENED, YOU SAY, OH, WELL HE'S A GOOD HIRE.

I FORGOT THAT YOU ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED THE KMR 5TH YEAR IS AGAINST THE LAW ORDEAL.

PLEASE, PLEASE RECOGNIZE WHAT I HAVE DONE AND AM DOING. I AM TELLING YOU THIS WHOLE COACHING SEARCH WAS A SHAM. THERE NEVER WAS ONE. WE KNEW LONG WOULD BE COACH FROM DAY ONE, BUT TO LOOK LIKE THERE WAS A SEARCH, WE BROUGHT IN JOLLY-HARPER.

INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME THAT WE DIDN'T KEEP KMR BECAUSE WE COULDN'T LEGALLY, INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME BECAUSE I SAID LONG WOULD BE NAMED HC ON TUESDAY, INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME FOR GIVING UP INSIDER INFO, INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME FOR EVERY FREAKIN' THING I SAY, PLEASE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN LIED TO. THERE WAS NO SEARCH. AND NOW, INSTEAD OF POSTS THAT READ, "OH WELL, HE'S A GOOD COACH", DEMAND TO KNOW THE EXTENT OF THE SEARCH AND WHY MORE WAS NOT DONE.

OTHERWISE, YOU SEEM TO STILL BE MISSING THE POINT OF ALL OF MY POSTS.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Why waste time and drag out the process with a national search when the right man lives in the 71270 area?.

I'm not too sure that DR did NOT conduct a national search. He knows how to use a computer.

And you better be careful calling people liars.

Might get your ass whipped. If DR can't do it, Mrs. DR sure can!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad
    And if you all aren't as sick as me over the entire faux NATIONAL search for a new head coach...
    If only more of you had stepped up and protested this when I told you the search was over before the Jolly interview.
    Sorry for the insider info. Guess it didn't do any good telling you it anyway...
    If the entire membership of the board had gone to his office...it wouldn't have mattered. I sent two letters to Dan and one to Jim. I guess the rest of us just aren't as important as you. You must not have been following Tech athletics for a very long time if you really thought you were gonna make a difference in this decision. This decision was made before Budke left. We have a very hard-headed and lazy administration and this was their obvious course of action. You were still foolish to post what you did on this board and could've helped seal the fate of the HC search by scaring off interested candidates who checked the board. I seriously doubt this was case because you came off like a raving lunatic, but it's possible.

On a side note, I think the decision isn't that bad. To paraphrase a South Park line..."He was right for the wrong reason..."

Congrats on your very bold prediction that Long would get the job...you were right. Are you happy now? Good skippy, now take your ritalin and go to sleep.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

I was one of the ones that criticized DGM and I apologize.

She knows more about the insides than our so-called Insider does.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

DGM,

I'm being seriously...you don't have the fortitude to be a Louisiana Tech fan. You're going to expire far before God intended if you continue to treat every Tech administration mistake as a life and death matter. We deal with their poor decisions on a weekly basis. I know it's tough coming to this realization, I had trouble doing it myself. Screaming and visiting Dan isn't going to change anything unless you're a Senator or a major contributor. With your temperment, you'd better suited cheering for a team that has an administration that cares about athletics. I know it's tough. Once you've been decieved by the admn a few more times, you'll get used to it and it won't hurt as much. I'd be glad to help you deal if you want me to. There's plenty of room for you under the Tech Fan tent, but you're seriously in for a heart-attack if you don't calm down. Maybe when Dan retires things will be different, but he's here until he wants to leave. I recommend you go get a stress test, maybe have an adult beverage and try to get numb. Your passion is very admirable (though you tactics are very foolish). We've got passion here, but we're all used to how this thing works. Hang in there and maybe things will look up in a decade or two. Until then, quit being hostile to board members and cheer loud and proud. Long will be alright, I think we all agree. The administration won't, but there's nothing we can do about it. When the right folks get fed up, turn that passion back on and we'll make something happen. Have a nice day.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy BayouBeau is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Might get your ass whipped. If DR can't do it, Mrs. DR sure can!
    That woman scares me.

Um, so, do I lose a red dot or two now?

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Um, so, do I lose a red dot or two now?
    Don't get carried away.

Saying you know more than the theinsider is not saying that much.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

no green dots from me for guessing the obvious choice

You people are downright mean. But I still like you.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I agree the "national search" thing was total BS. I also tend to agree that under the circumstances, Chris Long was probably the right choice. He wants to be here, and has the players' support. I actually think we have already seen his handiwork. I am told he was essentially the head coach this past season.

I believe if you compare our choice to Oklahoma State's choice, we got the better of the two coaches. Time will tell.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

DGM -

Since you still don't get it, I will explain it to you very slowly -

Very few on this board doubted that there would NOT be a "true" national search -

Very few DOUBTED that Long wouldn't be named HC - the worse odds were greater than 50% that he would be named HC before the search ever started and at the worse they were 33% -

You didn't exactly bring ANYTHING new to the table -

No one WANTED to know your sources - they could care less about your so called "source" -

What they did have problem with is that you didn't have the NERVE, FORTITUDE, GALL, BALLS or whatever to say who YOU are - contrary to popular belief this is not a place of "secret identities" -

You were CHICKEN - evidently you were afraid Jim Oakes or Dan Reneau or someone else would mop the floor with your sorry a$$ or they might kick your dog or something -

They both KNOW who Cartek and DFM are and its not like we hide who were are on this board - and JO especially has had his fill of my "suggestions", but he knows I shoot straight and pull no punches whether its here on this board, via email, over the phone or face-to-face - as he says "I'm very consistent" -

If you want "love" - have the balls or whatever to drop the facade and say who you are -

Until you do that you are nothing more than the white dot on the top of a plop of chicken $hit, which is basically CHICKEN$HIT...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    I agree the "national search" thing was total BS. I also tend to agree that under the circumstances, Chris Long was probably the right choice. He wants to be here, and has the players' support. I actually think we have already seen his handiwork. I am told he was essentially the head coach this past season.

I believe if you compare our choice to Oklahoma State's choice, we got the better of the two coaches. Time will tell.
    I wouldn't brag too much about being essentially the head coach this last year.

I think he will be fine, though. I am just waiting on the news on assistants and any other recruits now.

+ Reply to Thread