+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harper a Class Act

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Harper a Class Act

Harper to Remain Lady Catamounts' Head Coach

Western's winningest first-year skipper not going to La. Tech
    April 8, 2005

Cullowhee, N.C. - Western Carolina's Kellie Harper has informed Chip Smith, WCU Director of Athletics, that she will remain the head coach of the Lady Catamount program. Earlier this week, Harper was pursued by Louisiana Tech to interview for its vacant women's basketball head coaching position.

"I will not be going to Louisiana Tech," said Harper. "The chance to interview there came up last week and I felt I would be remiss if I did not take the opportunity. Louisiana Tech has one of the most respected and successful women's basketball programs in the nation. But it would had to have been something very special to take me away from Western Carolina University."

Harper led the Lady Catamounts to their first Southern Conference tournament title and the school's first appearance in the NCAA Tournament in her first year as a head coach this past season. Her 18 victories were the most by a first-year head coach ever at WCU.

"I am very appreciative of Dr. John Bardo and Chip Smith for allowing me to speak with Louisiana Tech. I also appreciate the administration at Louisiana Tech for this opportunity. I am excited about our season next year, the returning players, and incoming players."

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Re: Harper a Class Act

Understandable that she would make that statement. Who knows what kind of grumblings having been going on at Western Carolina when they heard about the interview after she just finished 1 year of a 5 year contract.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Harper a Class Act

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg
    Understandable that she would make that statement. Who knows what kind of grumblings having been going on at Western Carolina when they heard about the interview after she just finished 1 year of a 5 year contract.
    Yes, but at WC they have to know that anytime a "prime" job opens up, she may be a candidate. They will be fortunate to retain a good, successful coach 3-4 years at the most. As hard as it would be to keep a great coach at Tech, it will be even harder at WC.

+ Reply to Thread