+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chris long quote

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: chris long quote

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    No matter what the subject, we always have to get a bitch-slap in on Bick. One minute we are talking about a remark made by a guy who has never been a Head Coach on the D1-A level attributing genius to him because of a REMARK. The next second we bitch-slap our football coach. It is almost too much to bear-----almost.
    OK>> I confess Coach. I helped start that one. Sorry! Then again, I bet by this football season's year end, JBIII (to use your term) "Bitch-slaps" himself numerous times in the press/media without even knowing it. OOPS! I did it again. That wasn't very Christian of me. Sorry!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Big Grin Re: chris long quote

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    OK>> I confess Coach. I helped start that one. Sorry! Then again, I bet by this football season's year end, JBIII (to use your term) "Bitch-slaps" himself numerous times in the press/media without even knowing it. OOPS! I did it again. That wasn't very Christian of me. Sorry!
    From henceforth, they shall be referred to as "bick-slaps".

No, wait ... that sound too much like something else.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    I cant wait to see the posts around about this time next year and how you people will turn on him when you realize that this guy isn't the second coming of Jesus. It will be very difficult for him to get players in here because of who he is .................a nobody. If I'm a top D1 player and Chris Long asks me to play for him as compared to Pat Summit, Geno, Marsha Sharp, Kim Mulkey, etc. who do you think I'm going to choose. Boy are you guys in for a big let-down. I hope Long does well but I'm just being realistic.
    What do those coaches have in common? They were once nobodys.

Sorry that some people here want to talk about something other than how much we suck, some people are optimistic. Have some pride in your school..if its even your school.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfood
    I cant wait to see the posts around about this time next year and how you people will turn on him when you realize that this guy isn't the second coming of Jesus. It will be very difficult for him to get players in here because of who he is .................a nobody. If I'm a top D1 player and Chris Long asks me to play for him as compared to Pat Summit, Geno, Marsha Sharp, Kim Mulkey, etc. who do you think I'm going to choose. Boy are you guys in for a big let-down. I hope Long does well but I'm just being realistic.
    I can't speak for every poster, but I will speak for myself. Chris Long is a women's basketball coach, not our Lord and Savior. I would kindly ask that you refrain from using faith based analogies.

Now, as a basketball coach, Coach Long will do just fine. He doesn't need to recruit immediately, he needs to win. We will know more about his ability to recruit when we see his hires for assistants. Recruit for the future, win with what you got!

Thanks for your always optimistic view on Tech sports.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I don't care if no one knows who Long is. Most great coaches are unknown when they start. That's how it works. Leon coached high school basketball before he went to Tech. So did Long. Leon was an assistant before he was head coach at Tech. So was Long. I'm not saying that Long will or will not be a great coach. I just think the fact that no one knows him now does not discredit him or his ability to be a great coach.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967

Don't need no stinkin' Count -

Need someone who knows about Drums, Women and Food - and not necessarily in that order -

And make NO mistake about it, he is the backbone of Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem -

Keith Moon had NOTHIN on Animal...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Mic,

I can't help, but slap JBIII around because he does it himself too often, and besides laughing at him keeps me from thinking about him on a coaching level. Plus it makes people smile, maybe not him but people!

When JB stops making so much material for me to work with then I will be happy to curb my jests. Think about how special a person he has to be to continually make the quotes he does and never realize what he has in fact said.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    From henceforth, they shall be referred to as "bick-slaps".

No, wait ... that sound too much like something else.
    Dang....why didn't I think of that! That is great.

Good post TD.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Can he take someone who would ride the bench at Tennessee and have them be a part of a Final Four team? I think so.

If anyone remembers Venus Lacy's first year at TECH after transferring from Old Dominion where she rode the pine, she was HORRIBLE. A great coach turned her into a great player.
    Well, there's certainly a great precedent for that sort of thing.

Bear Bryant once said that he didn't always try to recruit the flashiest high school talent. He said he concentrated on going after the best natural athletic types ( as long as they were fast). He said he really didn't care if they were football players or not. He noted that HE would teach them football -- they way he wanted it played.

I seem to recall that strategy working out pretty well for him.

+ Reply to Thread