+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moats to da Bears

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Moats to da Bears

Moatsy is climbing faster than Lance Armstrong in the Alps. This is getting nuts. Check out what Kiper just posted with espn insider. Title of the article is "First-round talent available in the second"

39. Chicago Bears: Ryan Moats (jr.), RB, Louisiana Tech
    Moats is elusive and has tremendous ability to change direction, something that allowed him to put up excellent numbers in college. "

That is not a team I thought was interested in Ryan that early (7th pick into the 2nd round) but I think Moats mania has taken over among scouts (finally)and now everyone's eyes are open.

Gotta love it, as Dave Nitz would say.
    Last edited by altadawg; 04-12-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Moats to da Bears

Hope he gets rich and joins CHAMPS, cause he is one!

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

these endless predictions of where he's going are getting out of hand....nobody can accurately predict (without just guessing) where he will go, so why don't we just wait till the draft happens and talk about it then?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by KayBee
    these endless predictions of where he's going are getting out of hand....nobody can accurately predict (without just guessing) where he will go, so why don't we just wait till the draft happens and talk about it then?
    where is the fun in that? Im just enjoying my predictions from months ago coming to fruition.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Mel Kiper has a made a lot of money doing just the thing you're complaining about...and he's not right as often as the weatherman. Plus, football rules and it's not in season...I'll take any football talk I can get. I even watched some NFL players tonight climb rocks and do stupid crap on ESPN. Come on September.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

yeah, I watched that too

but it's absolutely pointless for us to debate over where he's going to go....and if you look at Kiper's track record on the first round (the one that can actually be somewhat predicted) he's quite good because he talks to the GMs and scouts and he knows what their plans are....he offers a prediction and is not always correct because they go a different way but it's never something he's not aware of

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Alta likes to brag on himself alot incase you haven't noticed. It seems like every other post of his is something like "Hey guys, look what XXXX wrote, it appears that I may have been correct!" or "Man, I can't believe how smart I am, it is unbelieveable that I am this good".

I guess if he picks that Moats will go to every team in the league, when the draft comes, he can say "I told you, I knew he would go to that team!"

You can't change your predictions 10 times and then at the end say "I had it right all along", well, I guess you can, but you didn't predict anything, you just read ESPN, CFN, SI, CBS sports, and all of the other predraft coverage and posted what they said.

Alta, are you sure you aren't the insider's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Alta likes to brag on himself alot incase you haven't noticed. It seems like every other post of his is something like "Hey guys, look what XXXX wrote, it appears that I may have been correct!" or "Man, I can't believe how smart I am, it is unbelieveable that I am this good".

I guess if he picks that Moats will go to every team in the league, when the draft comes, he can say "I told you, I knew he would go to that team!"

You can't change your predictions 10 times and then at the end say "I had it right all along", well, I guess you can, but you didn't predict anything, you just read ESPN, CFN, SI, CBS sports, and all of the other predraft coverage and posted what they said.

Perhaps I have been too boastful on my Moats predictions. I have been stating on this forum since he started his first game (Boise 2003) that he was NFL material. There have been many nay-sayers along the way but I have said from day 1 that his decision to leave was a good one. I was saying that when everyone said he would be a day 2 selection, UNTIL NOW, when he is being talked about in the high 2nd round.

But MT, I have NOT changed my predictions 1 iota from the beginning. I have said all along that he will go much higher than people were saying. I have not changed my stance. The "gurus" are just now figuring out what I and many others on this board have know. RYAN MOATS IS A BAD MAN!!!

And guess what MT? I was right on like popcorn.

P.S. I told everyone who would listen last year that Rothelsberger was the best QB in the draft, better than Rivers or Manning.

I was obviously way off on that one too. STick that in your LSPOOPOO PIPE AND SMOKE ON IT.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Yes he is sure.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Perhaps I have been too boastful on my Moats predictions. I have been stating on this forum since he started his first game (Boise 2003) that he was NFL material. There have been many nay-sayers along the way but I have said from day 1 that his decision to leave was a good one. I was saying that when everyone said he would be a day 2 selection, UNTIL NOW, when he is being talked about in the high 2nd round.

But MT, I have NOT changed my predictions 1 iota from the beginning. I have said all along that he will go much higher than people were saying. I have not changed my stance. The "gurus" are just now figuring out what I and many others on this board have know. RYAN MOATS IS A BAD MAN!!!

And guess what MT? I was right on like popcorn.

P.S. I told everyone who would listen last year that Rothelsberger was the best QB in the draft, better than Rivers or Manning.

I was obviously way off on that one too. STick that in your LSPOOPOO PIPE AND SMOKE ON IT.
    Yeah, I think I've heard the Rothlesberger thing before, along with your revised at the time prediction:

"Let me if I can one up my good job of handicapping Roethlisberger #1 last year. Still mighty proud of that one

Here will be the order and I will even throw out the overall # taken:
    (Notice it doesn't say, unless I decide that I need to change this)

1. Brown - 3rd overall.

2. Benson - 6th overall

3. Williams - 12th

4. Fason - 30th- dont know why so high but hey

5. Arrington- 38th - like this guy

6. Morency - 44th - overrated

7. Shelton - 55th - talented could be a steal

8. Moats - 57th J.E.T.S, JETS JETS JETS!

9. Harris - 60th - injury worries

10. Barber - 65th

11. Sproles - 75th

Revised, so that the Jets will take Ryan with the 57th pick in the 2nd round.

The 2nd round is where the most backs will be taken.

One more revision, Im downgrading Shelton and Morency."

Like I said, be bold if you are that good, pick a team and stick with it, if you know your stuff as well as you say you do then you should be able to take all future changes into account now, and pick accordingly. Just saying he will go higher than round 3 is like saying "I'll bet you that the Saints will screw up their first round pick."

To be honest with you, I'm just messing with you anyway. I've just read a few of your post and got a kick out of you tooting your own horn so many times, I thought I would humor myself.

Yeah, I think I've heard the Rothlesberger thing before, along with your revised at the time prediction:

"Let me if I can one up my good job of handicapping Roethlisberger #1 last year. Still mighty proud of that one

Here will be the order and I will even throw out the overall # taken:(Notice it doesn't say, unless I decide that I need to change this)

1. Brown - 3rd overall.

2. Benson - 6th overall

3. Williams - 12th

4. Fason - 30th- dont know why so high but hey

5. Arrington- 38th - like this guy

6. Morency - 44th - overrated

7. Shelton - 55th - talented could be a steal

8. Moats - 57th J.E.T.S, JETS JETS JETS!

9. Harris - 60th - injury worries

10. Barber - 65th

11. Sproles - 75th

Revised, so that the Jets will take Ryan with the 57th pick in the 2nd round.

The 2nd round is where the most backs will be taken.

One more revision, Im downgrading Shelton and Morency."

Like I said, be bold if you are that good, pick a team and stick with it, if you know your stuff as well as you say you do then you should be able to take all future changes into account now, and pick accordingly. Just saying he will go higher than round 3 is like saying "I'll bet you that the Saints will screw up their first round pick."

To be honest with you, I'm just messing with you anyway. I've just read a few of your post and got a kick out of you tooting your own horn so many times, I thought I would humor myself.
    Those revisions were done within 15 minutes of the same day, as I was looking at the draft order. 15 minutes of revisions so I could match up teams needs with talent availability. Silly Tiger.

And I was wrong about Fason (even though you can see I had him red flagged )

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

the bears have a pretty good running back. they just lost anthony "a-train" thomas, so they may be looking at a bigger back to replace him. they wont draft moats because they have thomas jones, who is pretty small, and adrain peterson, who is small and quick. wouldnt it be cool if the colts traded edgerrin to maimi, then drafted moats. he could put up some huge numbers in indy.

just to clarify for sherriff MT, Mel Kiper has Moats going to the Bears with the 39th pick.

I like Moats to go to either the Bucs or the Jets in the 2nd round..

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the NFL competition thing too, but darnit I wanted to see them play dodgeball! Gotta tune in next week I suppose. Oh yeah, I can't wait to see Moats in whatever uniform he ends up wearing in the big leagues! I'll be watching whatever team, thinkin'.. GITMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    I saw the NFL competition thing too, but darnit I wanted to see them play dodgeball! Gotta tune in next week I suppose. Oh yeah, I can't wait to see Moats in whatever uniform he ends up wearing in the big leagues! I'll be watching whatever team, thinkin'.. GITMO!!
    Cant wait either. I cant wait to get my hands on his NFL jersey....Im hoping the Cowboys or Texans take him since those are the closest teams to me down here in Mexico.

+ Reply to Thread