+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underwhelmed

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Underwhelmed

I came into the game today hoping for someone, anyone, to "step up" on offense. I didn't see that happen. Our WRs can't catch, our RBs can't break through the line (minus the long Dillard run), and OL wasn't doing much of anything...very little push.

Some bright spots on defense. LBs were running around making plays. DL was in tne backfield all day.

I just wanted to see someone take the bull by the horns, and no one did.

Woefully unimpressed. Hopefully we can turn this thing around in the Fall.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Underwhelmed

It's early. Hopefully it just means our defense played really well. Thanks for the game report.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    I came into the game today hoping for someone, anyone, to "step up" on offense. I didn't see that happen. Our WRs can't catch, our RBs can't break through the line (minus the long Dillard run), and OL wasn't doing much of anything...very little push.

Some bright spots on defense. LBs were running around making plays. DL was in tne backfield all day.

I just wanted to see someone take the bull by the horns, and no one did.

Woefully unimpressed. Hopefully we can turn this thing around in the Fall.
    I will have to disagree. I haven't seen Jason Gooch drop a pass in the last 2 scrimmages, now only if we will throw it to him. I'll take 8-10 yards every time. Saturday #8/ reciever looked good. Can't remember his name. Thought Champion looked good considering the amount of snaps he gets in practice. Give him the ball coach.

Will agree with you that the recievers for the most part need work. Too many passes in the bread basket dropped.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

These diverse opinions make me wonder if some of you guys even attended the same game.

HD

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    These diverse opinions make me wonder if some of you guys even attended the same game.

HD
    It just tells you that some people see things as reality, and some people live in a cloud of unrealistic optimism.

The spin wears off halfway through the year when the losses start rolling in, but from now until September you will hear report after report of how good you guys will be. This year is no different from every other year, let the 11-0 season continue, right Aub? lol

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    It just tells you that some people see things as reality, and some people live in a cloud
    Like a cloud that would tell a Tech grad that they have a valid reason to cheer for the Tigers and it's not just some wanna be obsession? I gotta get a hold of one of them clouds....hahahahah
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

MT -

Just remember that your team is NOW coached by only one of two coaches that I can remember JBIII clearly outcoaching in his tenure at TECH -

That gives you that warm fuzzy-feeling all over doesn't it?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

MT,

If anyone would know about losing it would be you, as you are the defining LOSER.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Where was MT back when Dinardo was the coach? Its easy to jump on the bandwagon, and easier to jump off.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Where was MT back when Dinardo was the coach? Its easy to jump on the bandwagon, and easier to jump off.
    Trust me, I was going to the games back then also. Hell, I even sat through many games during the Hallman years. I guess I jumped on the bandwagon back in the mid eighties when I was a kid, and I won't be jumping off.

Honestly, if I started being a Tech fan just because I commuted to Tech, I would feel like a bandwagon Tech fan. I've always been an LSU fan, and just because I sit through class at Tech, doesn't mean it's in my heart, which it isn't. Nothing I can do about that.
    Last edited by MonreauxTiger; 04-19-2005 at 04:07 PM.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    MT -

Just remember that your team is NOW coached by only one of two coaches that I can remember JBIII clearly outcoaching in his tenure at TECH -

That gives you that warm fuzzy-feeling all over doesn't it?
    That's true. On that one particular night JBIII was only the 2nd dumbest head coach on the field.

John L. Williams was the only other one that bears that distinction.

I imagine that once Miles returns LSU to their rightful place in the cellar, this young man will ridicule us using a handle like MUnroSOoner, or TwinCity Gator and talk about how he grew up in the shadow of Ben Hill Griffin stadium.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    Trust me, I was going to the games back then also. Hell, I even sat through many games during the Hallman years. I guess I jumped on the bandwagon back in the mid eighties when I was a kid, and I won't be jumping off.
    Then I commend you for that. Its tough sticking with your team through thick and thin. I've always felt LSU did less with more than just about any football program in the country. They have certainly turned that around in the last few years. I wish Tech could do the same.

+ Reply to Thread