+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the #1 pick?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Who should be the #1 pick?

Looks like the Niners will take a QB unless they surprise everyone. Personally, and I know this is biased, I dont see either Smith or Rodgers as a true #1-3 overall pick and if the Niners think that one of those two rookies are going to come in and do any better than Tim......they have another thing coming.

Actually, it could be good, maybe Tim will get traded once one of the rookies falter and people understand that Tim can do they job, if he has time to throw! (maybe the Niners will steal Moats and everything will change! )

So, who do yall think is really the best player available in the draft?

My vote is Mike Williams. People forget how he dominated the year before last. I know USC won without him but the guy is as big and almost as fast as T.O., without the mouth.

I like B. Edwards too, but I think Williams will end up NFL rookie of the year.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Who should be the #1 pick?

I'm not sure about BMW being as fast as TO (4.56 compared to Owens's low 4.4 mark when he came out), but he is bigger, and I'd argue has the best hands (along with Larry Fitzgerald) of any prospect to come out in a long time. I'd also take him no. 1 overall, followed closely by Shawn Merriman, who is just an incredible player.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I believe Edwards from Meeeechigan is the best skill player of the draft and Moats second.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    I believe Edwards from Meeeechigan is the best skill player of the draft and Moats second.
    ya, listened to a couple of Edwards' interviews today, he is a bright kid.

Moats to the Saints, Tech88?

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

The 49ers should trade down and take offensive lineman. That is their greatest need.

I think that the wide reciever from USC is the best football player out of the skill position guys, and I think that Matt Jones (QB Arkansas) is the most interesting player available.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX
    The 49ers should trade down and take offensive lineman. That is their greatest need....
    you're exactly right. if they'd improve their line rattay would be successful. i'm going to be upset if they draft one of these qbs and improve the o-line and the kid is successful because of it when rattay never had a chance. it's really hard to run an offense when the result of every other play is you laying on your back. i hope tim gets a chance to start somewhere.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

My #1 draft pick would be Alex Smith, the QB from Utah. This kid is awesome. And if the 49'ers pick Smith, Rattay won't be in SF much longer.

This year will be Rattay's "make it or break it" year. Regardless of the OL situation, Rattay either turns the 49'ers around and produces at least 8 wins, or his career as an NFL QB will be in serious jeporady.

The timing of the 49'ers OL situation is too bad. By the time Alex Smith gets a couple of seasons under his belt, the 49'ers OL situation will probably be cured. Unfortunately for Rattay, he can't wait around that long; he's got to produce NOW, or he'll be watching 49'ers games on TV like you and I in 2 years.

HD

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

HD I am afraid you are right. I sure hope you are wrong this time.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    My #1 draft pick would be Alex Smith, the QB from Utah. This kid is awesome. And if the 49'ers pick Smith, Rattay won't be in SF much longer.

This year will be Rattay's "make it or break it" year. Regardless of the OL situation, Rattay either turns the 49'ers around and produces at least 8 wins, or his career as an NFL QB will be in serious jeporady.

The timing of the 49'ers OL situation is too bad. By the time Alex Smith gets a couple of seasons under his belt, the 49'ers OL situation will probably be cured. Unfortunately for Rattay, he can't wait around that long; he's got to produce NOW, or he'll be watching 49'ers games on TV like you and I in 2 years.

HD
    I think you are exactly right. Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and in professional sports excuses don't carry much weight even when they are legitimate.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

If SF drafts a receiver and adds to their OL, Tim will be successful. And if they don't, he will probably be playing elsewhere, not watching TV.

Jeez!

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Tim surely would look good in black and gold!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I find it interesting that Tech has 2 players expected to be drafted and LSU has only 4. I firmly believe that several athletes, especially defensive ones, that are buried in the depth chart down in Baton Rouge would have a much better shot at getting to the next level by coming to Tech. Instead, they ride the bench and never get a chance to shine.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I think you are correct!

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    I find it interesting that Tech has 2 players expected to be drafted and LSU has only 4. I firmly believe that several athletes, especially defensive ones, that are buried in the depth chart down in Baton Rouge would have a much better shot at getting to the next level by coming to Tech. Instead, they ride the bench and never get a chance to shine.
    LSU only had four total starters that were seniors. It's not even a valid comparison. On offense, Marcus Randall was the only senior. On defense, you had Lionel Turner, Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, and Marcus Spears as starters. They only had seven total seniors in the whole program. I'd say that's a pretty good percentage getting drafted.

Take last year for instance, Randall Gay was LSU's nickel back, he didn't start, but he was starting this year as a rookie in the Superbowl for the NE Patriots. If you have talent, the league will find you.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger
    LSU only had four total starters that were seniors. It's not even a valid comparison. On offense, Marcus Randall was the only senior. On defense, you had Lionel Turner, Corey Webster, Travis Daniels, and Marcus Spears as starters. They only had seven total seniors in the whole program. I'd say that's a pretty good percentage getting drafted.

Take last year for instance, Randall Gay was LSU's nickel back, he didn't start, but he was starting this year as a rookie in the Superbowl for the NE Patriots. If you have talent, the league will find you.
    Yeah, I was talking the NON-STARTERS that were seniors, Meauxron.

+ Reply to Thread