+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Directory

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Alumni Directory

I got one 10 years or so ago. I haven't consulted it in years but am more likely to now if I find it again.

I would be interested in a CD of this one but talked to the telemarketer when called but decided to wait. Maybe I won't be able to buy one late but probably wouldn't use it all that much. But at my age it is time to contact people from 50 years ago if ever!

Someone please try the information for usefullness and accuracy and completelness and review it for us. The price of these would be less if a target sale number could be guaranteed, I imagine, but the people that do them appear to have a pretty good chance to profit a lot from any decent sale if they aren't overprinting.
    It is great to have but not worth more than a day's take-home pay!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I got one 10 years or so ago.
    My only copy is dated 1990.

It is great to have but not worth more than a day's take-home pay!
    You must learn to rationalize. The way I see it, if I take the 15 years since I've bought one and add 15 years until I buy the next, that's thirty years. Divide the total cost by 30 to get the cost per year. That's pretty cheap. I can easily cover the cost by just adding a week or so between trips to the barber shop once each year, something I often do without even thinking about it. :icon_wink

Happy to hear the report from TDAWG. A pick-up-at-the-window yellow slip was in my p.o. box today, but the window is not open on Saturdays here. I suspect mine might be waiting for pick-up on Monday ??

Dang, I was hoping that yellow pick-up-at-the-window slip might be a notice for jury duty sent to the wife. It's always a real hoot to see/hear her reaction when this happens.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Nad, I don't have enough hair to bother getting it cut more than four times a year and my barber cuts it really short for $12 on Tuesdays, I think, so it will take me longer! But 1990 may be correct although it could have been 95 or so.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Got mine today.

Only bad thing, lots of my best buds @ Tech dropped out for one reason or another, and they're not listed.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Mine came in the mail. I and a few of my friends were probably drop-out material, but we pulled through and most of us are in there.

I wonder whether they left out the names of people who refused to buy, even though they had their numbers and called them. That would tell us whether the directory is legitimate rather than a pure profit-making scheme.

Well, Dang, Aub,

If you want to know if you're listed, you could just ASK ??

(yeah, you're in there, e-mail address and everything )

HO HO HO

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

In five years from now when they do a new one of these -

We need to come up with an agreement with all BB&Bers to put our "screenname" on one of the info lines -

I know some don't want their identity known but for those of us who don't care it would be a good idea and plus it would be an interesting thing to see how many of us are actually in the directory -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I wonder whether they left out the names of people who refused to buy, even though they had their numbers and called them. That would tell us whether the directory is legitimate rather than a pure profit-making scheme.
    Easy. Check to see if James Poisso, Class of 2001 is listed. I was going to buy a copy but ended up forgetting till after the dead line had passed...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    In five years from now when they do a new one of these -

We need to come up with an agreement with all BB&Bers to put our "screenname" on one of the info lines -

I know some don't want their identity known but for those of us who don't care it would be a good idea and plus it would be an interesting thing to see how many of us are actually in the directory -
    Take care of that now next time an Alumni mailout is asking for updates.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3
    Easy. Check to see if James Poisso, Class of 2001 is listed. I was going to buy a copy but ended up forgetting till after the dead line had passed...
    If you're the James Emmett Poisso, III, who lives in Ellisville, MO, and is a tech writer for Pfizer ?? ; yeah, you're on page 891, w/hotmail e-mail address incl.

Any other "forgetfuls" or "cheapskates" want to know if you're listed ??

Just ask.

Your humble and honest nadB will look this $hit up for you (in his brand new copy of the TECH Alumni Directory) until the "new" wears off, which won't take very long; for sure, for sure.

HO HO HO

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I like the CD containing the complete listings, too. Very nice feature.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I don't have mine yet!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Am I in there? I haven't ever been contacted and asked for this information, so I doubt I'm in there, or at least the information if outdated. I wish I had known they were putting this together.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    Am I in there? I haven't ever been contacted and asked for this information, so I doubt I'm in there, or at least the information if outdated. I wish I had known they were putting this together.
    If your screen name is your real name; and, if you're a med student who lives in Southhaven, MS; and, if your middle name is "Chambers"; then, yeah, you're in.

I cannot tell whether the info is current or outdated, tho. Duh.

HO HO HO

+ Reply to Thread