+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Scrimmage

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Final Scrimmage

I thought Champion was by far the best QB out there. He read the defense well and really threw some balls well on the run. As far as the performance of QB's yesterday I would go:

Champion: By far the best QB yesterday(just yesterday)

Allen: Showed flashes but still struggling with shoulder problems

Kubik: Worst I saw him in a long time the only thing he did positive was a long scramble, and he did make a nice touch pass to Seneca Chambers who made a great diving catch.

As far as the RB's go although we dont have a Moats we do have a stable of capable backs. Dillard had a couple of great runs. Franklin will be a nice change of pace if he can get and stay healthy. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Patrick Jackson play right away. If you havent seen this kid in person he is the real deal.

It will be intresting to see how good the offense can be once all our starting WR's and TE's get healthy.

The bluecrew

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

I have been saying Champion was the man all spring.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    ALTA-I think you are right on target with your concerns. And, you are exactly right about breakaway runs in game conditions-you just don't see that happen often vs. the opponents we have to play. It HAS happened twice for us in the last two scrums, vs. our #2 defense, when we got caught in an all-out blitz &, once the LOS was penetrated, Dillard HAS the speed to outrun the secondary.

So, the questions become for us: Are we good enough of offense to sustain drives to get us to the red zone? IF we get to the red zone, are we good enough to stick it in? These are questions I have as well having already expressed my concern about scoring many points. And, ALTA, the jury will have to remain OUT until we get our FULL PACKAGE in place & runnin' at all systems go. By that I mean this: We need Anthony James, Eric Newman, & Jonathan Holland to all be in top shape & ready to go. We need TIME & a multitude of reps to really see whether or not our new option series is going to work for us. We need to develop a plan to get the ball in the hands of Holland as many times as we can each game. And, we need time for our new OL to work together with the veterans to form a cohesive unit up front. If we CAN accomplish these goals, and there is NO GOOD REASON why we can't, then it all boils down to consistent play by whoever the QB is.

For the life of me, I fail to understand why we would not stick Shelton in front of Dillard or Franklin as a lead blocker on short yardage or goal-line. To me, NOT even considering this is just being STUBBORN. I think it would improve our red zone success & I think it would give us a better chance of making key first downs in short yardage situations. BUT, we obviously are NOT going to employ that scheme so, my worries are the same as yours, particularly in the red zone. I DO believe that we will be fine in the field goal area. I believe that Horwedel will be the guy & though he is not as good as Scobee (not many are), he IS good enough. So, we will keep our fingers crossed that we do not have key injuries, tee it up, and see where this all takes us.
    Mick, I just love reading your reports. Very "business like" and to the point, with a little commentary and "advice" (e.g., Shelton in front of Dillard) to boot.

Thanks again.

HD

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like we're still doing some of the little things that frustrate me, like the wierd red zone plays. We'd line up 5-wide on 3rd and 1 on the 10 or something stupid and blow the play. I really do hope eventually... a Tech coach/coord. will throw a hoss in there to block in order to slam a couple yards down the D's throat. Oh well, if our WR's grow some hands, we should be fine this year. Our QBs are maybe average... and we have massive WR speed and good RBs. All it comes down to now is if they'll show up like they should at the games and if our defense can keep improving, which I think it will.

I'm looking for a couple of picks and a few good sacks on ol' Florida next year, how 'bout ya'll? Maybe we can see a Tech player doin' the 'gator chomp' after returning an interception for a TD? ooookay, just gettin' all excited, you'll have to excuse me. Go Bulldogs!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Sounds like we're still doing some of the little things that frustrate me, like the wierd red zone plays. We'd line up 5-wide on 3rd and 1 on the 10 or something stupid and blow the play. I really do hope eventually... a Tech coach/coord. will throw a hoss in there to block in order to slam a couple yards down the D's throat. Oh well, if our WR's grow some hands, we should be fine this year. Our QBs are maybe average... and we have massive WR speed and good RBs. All it comes down to now is if they'll show up like they should at the games and if our defense can keep improving, which I think it will.

I'm looking for a couple of picks and a few good sacks on ol' Florida next year, how 'bout ya'll? Maybe we can see a Tech player doin' the 'gator chomp' after returning an interception for a TD? ooookay, just gettin' all excited, you'll have to excuse me. Go Bulldogs!
    I love the enthusiasm, but we better not do any sort of 'chomps' whatsoever or those a$$hole SEC officials will stick it to us. I'm already resigned to the fact that we'll have 3 phantom holding penalties before the half. It's bad enough going into the Swamp and we sure as heck don't need the refs stirred up.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I heard from someone there that Champion looked great and it is great to read everyone's reports since I couldn't make it. Thanks and keep it up if you got to see something.

Did you make it jamrob, if so what did you think?
    GOOD, sorry for the late response. I was uanble to be at the final scrimmage.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

ALTA-I think you are right on target with your concerns.
    Concerns? I'll say! Take a look who's running the show.

And, we need time for our new OL to work together with the veterans to form a cohesive unit up front. If we CAN accomplish these goals, and there is NO GOOD REASON why we can't, then it all boils down to consistent play by whoever the QB is.
    NO GOOD REASON, other than who's running the show.

For the life of me, I fail to understand why we would not stick Shelton in front of Dillard or Franklin as a lead blocker on short yardage or goal-line. To me, NOT even considering this is just being STUBBORN. I think it would improve our red zone success & I think it would give us a better chance of making key first downs in short yardage situations. BUT, we obviously are NOT going to employ that scheme so, my worries are the same as yours, particularly in the red zone.
    STUBBORN? Who's being stubborn? Surely not the players. Not the fans. Hmmm, must be who's running the show.

Mick, you have posted several times about fans being critical of Bicknell. But, while you mention no one by name, I have to figure that your criticisms, highlighted here, are aimed at: Bicknell.

Your post was a little more diplomatic, perhaps. But it is still a thinly veiled criticism of the guy "who's running the show."

For the record, I LOVE your post(s). I agree with it. But, come on, there is no need to attempt to muzzle critics of Bicknell. He's earned every last one 'em!

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

I do not think I have attempted to "muzzle" criticism of Bick. However, it does get a bit tiresome when, in most every thread, there arrives, whether on subject or not, a Bick-Slap. I DO have empathy to Bick & his staff KNOWING the constraints that shackle the program & KNOWING, without any doubt, that Bick & his staff are NOT playing on a level playing field.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I do not think I have attempted to "muzzle" criticism of Bick. However, it does get a bit tiresome when, in most every thread, there arrives, whether on subject or not, a Bick-Slap. I DO have empathy to Bick & his staff KNOWING the constraints that shackle the program & KNOWING, without any doubt, that Bick & his staff are NOT playing on a level playing field.
    Milton-
    Please . .. please! consider doing the color commentary alongside the Nitzer on the radio. Your contributions deserve the highest platform (in addition to the BB&B conduit).
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Coach,

That being said, and by the way, I do agree there is too much bitchin around here about things that we have no control over.

However, even though Bicknell is 'our coach', it does not take away from the facts, which are, we have very little confidence in him or some of his staff. He is not ready to be a head coach, nor does he have the motivational skills or acrument to lead young men into often 'David/Goliath' type battles our program assigns them. The average fan has quit on our program and even though DR and JO hold the purse strings, the majority of that blame falls squarely on JBIII's shoulders because of his lack of coaching abilities. If he or Hinds stepped up and lived up to their billing, we would not be so quick to Bick Slap...... I really believe that it's more fustration than anything, knowing with better leadership we could do much better.

The '05 schedule is lined up so that mediocrity can still offer a successful season. I think that more than ever (and remember the '03 Hawaii and the '04 UTEP games turned out to be pivotal in the history of our program) we have an opportunity to get back some momentum we have squandered. I personally do not think that JBIII can do that. I hope like hell I am wrong.............

DFiH

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Milton-
    Please . .. please! consider doing the color commentary alongside the Nitzer on the radio. Your contributions deserve the highest platform (in addition to the BB&B conduit).
    tm
    Let me be the first to second that motion!

+ Reply to Thread