+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Draft- RBs picked

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Re: NFL Draft- RBs picked

Moats to EAGLES!!!!

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Ryan Moats to the Eagles

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

The Eagles! Go Moats. Gotta get a Philly hat now - that hurts

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Looks like he went to the Eagles.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

i love it.

There is a VERY VERY good chance Ryan Moats will play in a superbowl this year.

Bicknell or Andy Reed? Okay, thats not fair

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

the broncos make the shocking pick of the draft so far, taking outcast Maurice Clarett with the last pick of the 3rd round.

this effectively ends what seems like a 10 yr run of them picking up a good RB in the late rounds.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I think Denver is going for the challenge man. They are seeing if they can just make any knotheaded running back a star.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    the broncos make the shocking pick of the draft so far, taking outcast Maurice Clarett with the last pick of the 3rd round.

this effectively ends what seems like a 10 yr run of them picking up a good RB in the late rounds.
    Wow. That is suprising. I had finally managed to turn off the draft show after the Moats highlights, so I missed that, but I was never really impressed with Clarett. I mean, the Buckeye OL gave him two or three yards on any given carry, and with his pathetic 40 time along with giving up at the combine -- he doesn't seem to belong that high in the draft. Maybe Denver was just devestated they couldn't get the man they wanted -- Moats, and just picked Clarett out of frustration. Maybe the air was just a little too thin in Denver. Maybe Clarett will prove me wrong. It'll be interesting to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy
    Wow. That is suprising. I had finally managed to turn off the draft show after the Moats highlights, so I missed that, but I was never really impressed with Clarett. I mean, the Buckeye OL gave him two or three yards on any given carry, and with his pathetic 40 time along with giving up at the combine -- he doesn't seem to belong that high in the draft. Maybe Denver was just devestated they couldn't get the man they wanted -- Moats, and just picked Clarett out of frustration.
    Denver could have taken Moats three picks before the Eagles took him. Instead, the Broncos drafted their 3rd CB already!! Why? Cause their skeered of getting blown up by Peyton Manning again for the 3rd year in a row in the playoffs.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I think Denver is going for the challenge man. They are seeing if they can just make any knotheaded running back a star.
    Yeah, anybody can be a 1,000 yard rusher there. I wouldn't want Moats to have one good season and disapear into oblivion. I gotta be honest, I figured Clarrett was a Raider for sure. Al Davis, you disappoint me yet again.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the NFL and the media still use 1,000 yards as the yardstick for a good season. They play 16 games - 1,500 yards is the measuring stick for me as to who has had a good season running the football.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Yeah, anybody can be a 1,000 yard rusher there. I wouldn't want Moats to have one good season and disapear into oblivion. I gotta be honest, I figured Clarrett was a Raider for sure. Al Davis, you disappoint me yet again.
    Oh, he's Al Davis material. But "just win, baby!" Davis usually waits to see if they are actually any good in the NFL...while being a troublemaker.

Clarrett, if he's good and if he causes trouble in Denver (a sure bet!), will probably end up being a Raider soon enough.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

That whole Frank Gore pick is pretty perplexing. Big yes, slow yes, 2 bad knees-yes. SF offensive line -NO. Was thinking he might have been a 5th or 6th rounder.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know it's water under the bridge now, but if Moats had waited til next year to enter the draft, provided he had 2,000 yards for Tech in '05, he'd been a 1st Rounder, Top 10 pick! As it is, 2005 will be remembered as the year of the RB, much like 1983 is considered the year of the QB.

He's getting paid a year sooner, but man, he may have missed out on a huge signing bonus and a fatter contract for sure.

Oh well! Hopefully he'll do like Karl Malone, whose first NBA contract was rather ordinary for a man of his talents, but boy howdy! did he ever make up for it later.

Best wishes to GITMO! Go Eagles!

(that is, Go Eagles to the bank and get some money for Moatsy! hah!)

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I know it's water under the bridge now, but if Moats had waited til next year to enter the draft, provided he had 2,000 yards for Tech in '05, he'd been a 1st Rounder, Top 10 pick! As it is, 2005 will be remembered as the year of the RB, much like 1983 is considered the year of the QB.

He's getting paid a year sooner, but man, he may have missed out on a huge signing bonus and a fatter contract for sure.

Oh well! Hopefully he'll do like Karl Malone, whose first NBA contract was rather ordinary for a man of his talents, but boy howdy! did he ever make up for it later.

Best wishes to GITMO! Go Eagles!

(that is, Go Eagles to the bank and get some money for Moatsy! hah!)
    In hindsight, you are right. There were a couple of factors, though. He lost a grant and couldnt have lived off campus anymore, basically.

DeAngelo Williams. That guy was going to be a first round pick, and now he has to go through grueling rehab and hopefully get drafted on the first day next year.

You just never know, you have to go with what your head and your heart tell you. Personally, Im thrilled to death for him. He doesnt get thrown to the wolves first year but yet Im telling you, Ryan Moats will be a factor in the NFL this upcoming year like no first year Tech player, ever.

Bradshaw struggled. Edwards played well his first year, then went south for a few years.

Ryan Moats is in his prime right now and with the offensive weapons now surrounding McNabb, I dont see how they can be stopped from returning to the superbowl.

+ Reply to Thread