+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moats is an Eagle

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Moats is an Eagle

Any team with a Louisiana Tech player on it is one of MY TEAMS. Go Phily win it all and GITMO!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    i told my older brother last night that Rattay would be shopped today. In fact, if it doesnt happen today it will happen by mini-camp.

People in the know are going to know that Rattay is young and can deliver the football if he has protection. I can think of about 10 teams right now that could use Tim as a backup, if not a potential starter.

Dallas needs to be the team to make the move for Tim Rattay, today. If not, possibly Phily! Detmer has got to go....
    The Saints can use a good QB.

Of course, the Saints need a better OL. A couple of new WR's, a better backup for Deuce and most of new defense too!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedog
    I would'nt think a 5'8 RB from a mid major would get many carries just like I would'nt think a 5'8 back would single handedly (or two footedly) change a a 60 pass per game team to a running team.

Based on what I saw at Tech, if he can stay healthy he will be great. Somebody needs to go to a Eagles message board and let them know about the "GITMO" phrase, it will be cool to see that on signs in the NFL next year.
    I've been talking him up on the eagles boards -- so if you'll explain the story behind where the GITMO moniker came from, I shall pass it along.

The eagles fans opinions seem mixed. Some are excited, some just think he's a "poor mans Westbrook". Moat's will show them. No one works harder than "GITMO"...

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

The GITMO moniker originates from the story where the fans in the stands kept yelling "Give the Ball to Joe" during the Tulsa game where we sewed up our WAC football championship. Someone later had the great idea to change the wording to "Give It To MOats" therefore the GITMO.........

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

GITMO is internet shorthand, like "jmho" or "btw". I forget who started it, but I'm pretty sure it was in the BB&B chatroom during an away game.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Someone later had the great idea to change the wording to "Give It To MOats" therefore the GITMO.........
    I personally like the alternative GITMO - Give It To Moats, Often!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Moats going to Philly just gives me one more reason to root that much harder against the Cowboys two more times a year -

And the Cowboys STILL have no quarterback -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

If I remember correctly it was Champ 110 and myself (Bamadawg at the time) along with a few others in a road game chat room (maybe Michigan St.) when Moats had a very large per/carry average and we were yelling "Give it to Moats" and then GITMO was born Sept 2003.

Champ 110 am I correct on this...

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Moats is an Eagle

You're close, Michigan(Bama)Dawg. But I don't think it was against Michigan St, but it was that timeframe. Myself, TylerTechsas, and DogsWin were also in the chatroom at the time.

TD
    ~~

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    You're close, Michigan(Bama)Dawg. But I don't think it was against Michigan St, but it was that timeframe. Myself, TylerTechsas, and DogsWin were also in the chatroom at the time.

TD
    ~~
    Maybe it was Hawaii???

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    ESPN just announced that SF was shopping Rattay to other teams. SF apparently wants Smith to come in and take the job from the get-go.

Great news! I hope it happens.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Pretty amazing, three years ago I was in Carter-Finley watching TA rush for ACC Freshman of the year. Not even sure if Moats made the trip to Clemson that year or played in the OK State game (Only two TEch games I saw). 3 years later Moats goes in the third round and TA is an undrafter free-agent. Who would think?

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

I suspect TA will be a sought after free agent. He is an injury risk, but a pretty good football player.

+ Reply to Thread