+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 bulldawgs signed

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

4 bulldawgs signed

i appologize if someone has already posted this:

Former Bulldogs Sign Free Agent Contracts
    Posted Apr 25, 2005 15:18:02

</B>

RUSTON - Four former Louisiana Tech football letterwinners signed free agents contracts with National Football League teams Monday, the day after the completion of the 2005 NFL Draft.

Offensive lineman Lester Brown (Baltimore Ravens), wide receiver Tramissian Davis (New Orleans Saints), defensive tackle Chris Van Hoy (Dallas Cowboys) and cornerback Jerron Wishom (Houston Texans) all inked either Sunday night or Monday.

Brown started 22 games at left tackle for Tech the past two years, missing two contests last season due to injury, and helped anchor a Bulldog offensive line that allowed Ryan Moats to shatter the school rushing records. The Apple Valley, Calif, native earned second team all-state honors this year and was considered the most athletic of the Bulldogs o-line starters a year ago.

"It feels great," Brown said. "I thought I would get an opportunity but now that its here, its overwhelming. I just want to do well. Baltimore's left tackle Johnathan Ogden is (one of the best in the game) and a great person to learn from. I look forward to talking to him and I'll take all the advice I can get."

Davis signed with New Orleans late Sunday. The 6-foot, 185-pounder who prepped at West Monroe High School hopes to get an opportunity to make the New Orleans roster either as a fourth receiver or on special teams. He said he was happy to get a chance to possibly play professionally for his home state franchise.

"It feels good; it's a once in a lifetime chance," Davis said. "I'm just happy to get the opportunity. The best par of it is that my family won't have to travel far to see me play. The (Saints) were a team that I was interested in before the draft and that I would like to play for. They told me they were looking for a third and fourth receiver and a guy to return kicks and play on special teams. I told them they had a guy who was going to give 110 percent."

Davis led Tech this past season with 25 receptions for 527 yards and three touchdowns, including a 93-yard score in the win over SMU. The speedster ended his Bulldog career with 61 receptions for 1,218 yards for an impressive 20.0 yard per catch average.

Having grown up in Duncanville, Texas, Van Hoy will get an opportunity to make a Dallas Cowboys team that he grew up following as a fan. The former Grace Prep Academy star said he was also pleased to be going to a team that is installing a 3-4 defensive front.

"I've been a (Cowboys) fan all my life so this is a big opportunity for me," Van Hoy said. "I got a call last night after the draft from my agent (Michael McCartney) and he had already gotten a call from the Cowboys. We talked it over and decided it was the best place for me, being local and with their new 3-4 scheme. It's the same scheme I played in college and I'm used to it."

Van Hoy made second team all-WAC honors and second team all-state honors following a senior campaign that saw him register 48 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks. He finished his Tech career ranking in the Top 10 in the program's history with 10.5 career sacks while registering 174 total tackles in four years.

Many experts predicted Wishom to be a late round selection but due to a knee injury that sidelined him for the final half of his senior year, teams were a little skeptical. However, instead getting down about it, Wishom said he simply would use it as motivation.

"Because of my knee injury that kind of hindered me from getting drafted," Wishom said. "This is an opportunity for me. I've always had to work my way up (on every level) and so I don't have a problem with this. I know I'm going to go in and compete and use the talent God blessed me with. I know I will be fine.

"The Texans didn't draft any cornerbacks. They have two great starters in Phillip Buchanon and Dunta Robinson, but are looking for some (corners) for their nickel and dime packages and for some special teams guys."

Wishom saw action in 35 games during his career while registering 48 tackles and three interceptions.

Brown, Van Hoy and Wishom all report to their respective team's rookie mini-camp this Thursday while Davis reports to the Saints rookie mini-camp a week from Thursday.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 4 bulldawgs signed

Congrats to them all!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

This is great news! I was looking for Chris to be drafted by Dallas, but that was not to be. I feel sure that he is a better player than some of the guys Dallas picked up in the last 3 rounds!

Congratulations to all of them!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Hell yeah! Thanks for the post, SMB.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

The Texans have told Aaron Glenn that he could look for another team because Buchanon was going to start. This is going to open up some room for new blood. I wish Jerron all the very best. Besides Houston can use more Dawg Fans!!!!!

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread