+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Signings by WAC School

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

NFL Signings by WAC School

Someone posted the NFL/WAC signings by school on the WAC board. It's interesting that there were almost as many football signees from Louisiana Tech as there were from SMU, Tulsa, Rice, and UTEP combined!

WAC athletes signing NFL contracts:

Boise State- 4
    Fresno State- 4
    Louisiana Tech- 4
    Hawaii- 3
    UTEP- 3
    Nevada- 2
    San Jose St- 2
    Rice- 1

I believe SMU had 1
    Tulsa- ?

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: NFL Signings by WAC School

Tech actually had 5.

Puppy loudbark has turned a few heads around hereloudbark has turned a few heads around here

So - the excuse is that we don't really have the talent in the depth that other top WAC (read: Top 25) teams do - but apparently we really do according to the NFL?

I understand how not having a decent budget can hurt - but how does that translate into getting our ---ses handed to us by Boise?

Oh wait - coaching....that's how not having a decent budget can hurt - we don't pay enought (read: care enough) to get good coaching....now i get it....

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Oops, yes, we had 5 NFL signings (4 free agents + GITMO).
    Since the JBIII era began in 1999 Louisiana Tech has sent 23 football players (nearly 4 per year) to the NFL. 17 of those went to the NFL since we joined the WAC in 2001.

OL- 5, RB- 3, WR- 3, QB- 2, TE- 1
    DL- 2, LB- 3, DB- 3
    K/P- 1

Season- NFL Signee
    1999- Tim Rattay QB and Joey Chustz OL
    2000- James Jordan WR, Quincy Stewart LB, Terrence Sykes OL, and David Newman TE
    2001- John Simon RB, Jason Olford DB, Bobby Gray DB
    2002- Tywoin Breaux OL, Ahmad Harris WR, Damian Lavergne OL, Curtis Randall LB, and Joe Smith RB
    2003- Luke McCown QB, Josh Scobee K, Antonio Crow LB, LaCorey Street DL
    2004- Ryan Moats RB, Tramissian Davis WR, Jerron Wishom DB, Chris Van Hoy DL, Lester Brown OL

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

What happened to Corey Brazil? Surely he's got the NFL kinda talent.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loudbark
    So - the excuse is that we don't really have the talent in the depth that other top WAC (read: Top 25) teams do - but apparently we really do according to the NFL?

I understand how not having a decent budget can hurt - but how does that translate into getting our ---ses handed to us by Boise?

Oh wait - coaching....that's how not having a decent budget can hurt - we don't pay enought (read: care enough) to get good coaching....now i get it....
    Bingo!

It's what I've been saying for years. Er, about Tech having as much, or more, pure talent than anyone in the WAC.

No excuses.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    What happened to Corey Brazil? Surely he's got the NFL kinda talent.
    It would seem to me that while he has great talent, he definitely doesn't have the height they are looking for to play corner. Could you imagine him trying to cover Matt Jones?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Yeah I could see him covering Matt Jones, maybe as a jacket or poncho. No offense to Corey but he is small and when trying to cover 6'2-4" or bigger receivers he would need them to change the rule so he could jump on their back at the line of scrimmage.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Someone posted the NFL/WAC signings by school on the WAC board. It's interesting that there were almost as many football signees from Louisiana Tech as there were from SMU, Tulsa, Rice, and UTEP combined!

WAC athletes signing NFL contracts:

Boise State- 4
    Fresno State- 4
    Louisiana Tech- 4
    Hawaii- 3
    UTEP- 3
    Nevada- 2
    San Jose St- 2
    Rice- 1

I believe SMU had 1
    Tulsa- ?
    Tulsa - James Killian I think was drafted

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by loudbark

Here they come again, more dawgs with a bone to pick. Othewise, we don't here much from them positive on any item or thread.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Tulsa - James Killian I think was drafted
    Yes - by the Chiefs
    Go Tech!

Puppy loudbark has turned a few heads around hereloudbark has turned a few heads around here

Dallasadawg has a saying at the bottom of his messages: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - kinda my point.

I'm not saying that I expect to beat Miami or Tennessee. I'm saying that our talent level appears to be comparable to the top of the WAC. And if that's the case, why are we getting consistently whipped by teams like Hawaii and Boise?

I don't believe that the fact that I said that makes me a boo bird or support the team any less.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    Here they come again, more dawgs with a bone to pick. Othewise, we don't here much from them positive on any item or thread.

+ Reply to Thread