+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who will stick???

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Who will stick???

Congrats to the Dawgs that signed free agent on Monday. Can any insiders speculate on which are really expected to stick come September?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Who will stick???

Just my personal belief, judging from watching them play and such but:

Van Hoy and Wishom and of course Moats.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

They all have the physcial skills and went to teams that can either use help at that position, as in Dallas and Houston, or they can gain playing time in a good situation like Philly.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I'm no NFL "insider", however, I believe Wishom and Van Hoy will have the best chance of making it. They are trying out for teams that were interested in them from the beginning and there's an immediate need for their positions. Brown, IMO is not heavy enough or strong enough to be a Tackle in the NFL, he does have quick feet and is athletic but I don't think that will be enough. Davis might stand a better chance than Brown, he's improved his 40 time and if he can hang on to the ball he may have a chance as well.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I think Wishom and Moats are the only two that will make it. I bellieve that VanHoy is not strong enough to play the middle in the NFL. Tramission Davis can not catch the ball well enough to stick and his route running is horrible. Lester Brown is a stretch for anyone.

You might be right, but Van Hoy has had several teams attention since before the draft. There are multiple reports out there on him that feel he can be a player in the league. I am not saying a pro-bowler but you have to be 2 deep on the lines to survive.

I would take the league minimum in just about any sport for a yearly salary. I am coach and I am competitve, but for several hundred grand I could sit for a bit.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I am not saying that I wouldn't take the job. I just think don't think that Chris will make it in the league. With a wife and child, he can't afford to chase the dream that many can. He will go get a "real" job (I know that playing ball is a job), and hang them up.

I hope that is not the case. I hope that he makes it and plays 10 years. I just don't see it happening from what I have seen in my expierence.

Like I said, I hope that I am wrong.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Wishom can play. I think losing him at the end of last season really damaged our chance of obtaining another win and possibly a bowl bid. I think he'll make it. I hope the others do to but I don't see it.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I hope Van Hoy can at least make the practice squad. He can make plenty more there than he can with a real job. I also heard that Westbrook is mad about his contract and isnt reporting to camp this week. Not a good sign for him, but a great sign for Moats because he can get a lot of work in early. Also, it shows that Westbrook will probably not get his big contract for Philly adn will have to go elsewhere after this season.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I hope Van Hoy can at least make the practice squad. He can make plenty more there than he can with a real job.
    No joke. I heard somewhere that practice squad scrubs make 75 G's. I'd take that any day of the week. For some guys, that's more money than they could ever make with their "skills" and academic prowess.

Good news for Moats. Philly can't afford Westbrook anyway, unless TO goes crazy (which is definitely in the cards). Either way, Moats will get to learn some things from a small back that's reached the top of his game. It's a win win for Moats in my opinion.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread