+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFO-ESPN Radio 99.3

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

INFO-ESPN Radio 99.3

INFO FOR ESPN RADIO 99.3:

First air date--May 1st 2005

FM dial position--99.3

email address to email comments etc. :
    espn993@bayou.com

email address directly for Fox and Company show for questions to be used on the local show:
    foxandcompany@espn993.com

Web site:
    www.espn993.com you can access live local shows here. The site is very limited right now.....if you have the KXKZ site as your place to access the local sports live feeds you can STILL use that site...the espn web site will go directly to the live sports feed on the KXKZ site.....remember we are not allowed to stream the ESPN shows-only the local shows will be streamed..

NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR LOCAL SHOWS:
    1-888-993-7762
    This is the new number to call to get to Fox and Company effective May 1st.....

Talkin Sports with Fox and Company starts first show on May 2nd same time ---5p to 6p Mondays.
    July 1st Fox and Company will go 5 days a week 5 to 6p

New local shows are being developed and will be added in the coming weeks and months.

La Tech baseball will continue on its schedule of games to be broadcast determined by Coach Sim and Dave Nitz.

THANKS FOR LISTENING
    Ed

Could I have a sticky thingy for this? THANKS
    Last edited by TECHAJUN; 04-27-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: INFO-ESPN Radio 99.3

This is going to be great! Thanks Techajun!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot wait

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Is it just me or does the Louisiana Sports Network report have a South Louisiana bias? I've been listening all week. I've heard one mention of ULM playing Southern Miss, and a mention of the Centenary gymnastics coach being accused of inappropriate contact with two gymnists. 95% of the report deals with everything and anything LSU -- baseball, football, softball, golf, tennis, anything purple and gold. The remaining 5% deals with Southeastern, Southern, Tulane, Nicholls, & ULL.

I realize a majority of the population lives below I-10, but who really cares about SLU or Southern or Nicholls? Just my opinion... I'd rather see more LOCAL reports, I don't really care about South Louisiana. I get enough of that in the News Star and Times.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

These "news" and "sports" reports that you are referring to are originated by LN-Louisiana Network...They are a state wide network that we have used for "state news"--the reason for all the south La. stuff is that the Headquarters is in Baton Rouge and they report from there and New Orleans---we have complained till we are Tech Blue in the face....there is no other La News network to compete....

I'm going to say this and watch the flames ignite--La Network does the technical (distribute the games) for the LSU sports feeds ....we carry LSU on KPCH the peach and have for over 10 years ... They will continue to do it now even though Viacom has bought the rights to LSU games ....

Bottom line is this La Network is our only source for "La NEws and sports"...if we had a choice we would have dumped them a long time ago...

and yes once again we have complained and even broke it off with them over it...

Ed

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

hey Ed,

i LOVE the new format. On the other hand, y'all have pissed off a wholeeeeeeee lot of women ;o)

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

I love the new B99.3

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    hey Ed,

i LOVE the new format. On the other hand, y'all have pissed off a wholeeeeeeee lot of women ;o)

i walked into true value on monday morning. they used to switch between 99.3, 97.7, and 107.5 and play it over the whole store. last week is was 99.3. so on monday morning, of course, it was espn. the women in the photo area talked about it all morning: all they talk about is sports! it was on 107.5 by lunch.

oh well. i can listen to 99.3 in my truck.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Ed,

Please don't misunderstand my earlier post. I am *VERY PLEASED* with the new format. My dial doesn't leave 99.3. I was just voicing an opinion about the LA Sports Network.

Keep up the good work.

Wayne

Wayne...

I really did'nt take your post as complaining---it gave ME an opening to complain about LN...

Thanks so much for your input and for listening...we have a lot of local shows to add in the next 4 months--and everyone's input is important...as I posted earlier we know we can't please everyone..but that doesn't mean we won't try!!

And yep some women are a little upset....oddly enough when I'm explaining this to the women that are clients--they understand why we switched......we knew that there would be an uprising in female demos---hopefully the male demos will soar not only in Ruston but in Monroe and West Monroe....

Ed

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Wink Re: INFO-ESPN Radio 99.3

I really don't know how I ever lived without the Dan Patrick Show. That guys a hoot.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

oh man, loved him get'n on to Barkley today, trying to get him to tell the truth about the esablished players getting calls other wouldn't. LOL, never would admit to it, all he could do is studder and seach for an out.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

How are the ratings on 99.3 so far? I can't help but think they are great and probably higher than the previous format. Should be pretty easy to sell ads for the only real all the time sports radio station in N LA. I know I am loving it.

One suggestion I haven't heard much of from the local shows is the art of the tease. EVERY great sports radio show/host knows how to set up a great tease before the break so you absolutely will sit in the car in your driveway for an extra 3 minutes just to hear the story. GREAT JOB overall, loving the ESPN radio.

Goodpoint Gooddawg.....

We are daily working on getting the technical and computer digital crap to be a part of Fox's life....

The "tease" is so important going into breaks...and Fox will get it down..we are still crawlin' and it's getting better everyday in the technical dept.

Thanks so much for your points...

And if there is anyone interested in advertising just give me a call or pm ME ...we really appreciate everyone listening--and as we grow the numbers the advertisers will grow..

As to surveys etc...we will have a little view in the middle of August when the national survey for Monroe comes in...

Thanks again for your comments and points and remember we take suggestions---don't think we know it all--we learn everyday

Thanks

Ed

KXKZ-ESPN-99.3--KPCH--KRUS

Puppy Yea You know is an unknown

Just to let u all know their is another ESPN station in the NW region. ESPN The Game 950 is based out of Shreveport. They have a local show from 3-6..So if your jonesing for local talk BEFORE 5 you might want to check them out. A fun show to listen to and they are on the web as well ( LOVE WEB STREAMING)

I noticed on their billboards( which you can see o their site I THINK) they were holding a Tech Helmet, so maybe some Bulldog love will be coming from them this year!

You can check out the site www.thegame950.com Very nice site...Great to see more than one sports station in the NW region..Long time coming if you ask me.
    Last edited by Yea You know; 07-28-2005 at 02:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread