+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Antony update

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Antony update

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Best post on this topic, Dan! This is not a loss. We desperately need a BACKUP CENTER (Techsters and Bulldogs), not another point guard/combo guard/shooting guard/,... While it's not a tracked statistic I wouldn't be surprised if we led the nation last year in average LAYUPS attempted and made per game by opponents.

We need somebody to swat that stuff back to the other end of the court ala Venus L., Janice L., Pam K., etc!
    We don't need a backup center. We need a CENTER - a big powerful one that is a presence inside. It would be nice to have another backup as well.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    We don't need a backup center. We need a CENTER - a big powerful one that is a presence inside. It would be nice to have another backup as well.
    About 6-6 or so.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    I'm not unhappy she went to lsu. Best of Luck to her.
    I was pretty down this morning after reading the news that Antony chose LSU, but after reading your post I agree with you! We didn't need her sitting on the bench for a year.

We just need to be patient and see what Long and Co. can produce over the next three years.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If ya'll think she would have sat on the bench here - ya'll are drinking more of the koolaid than I thought -

She avgd that, while playing a position she was asked to change to that she was uncomfortable in -

She was/is a VERY good player -

She would have probably been the 3rd or 4th most talented player on the court here -

I wish her luck at LSU, she's close to home with family and her boyfriend is there - but to say it's ok because she would not have contributed very much at TECH is IDIOTIC...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

At least we tried to get her, that is better than can be said about some top talent in Louisiana last year.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

although it would have been nice to have her here,according to vandy boards,she was a very mediocre 3pt shooter and was relagated to insignificant status and that was the real reason she is transferring.She might have been a good fit here but there was no guarantee that she would have been any better than the guards we already have.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Long has a good returning core coming back next year that if you recall was jelling very well before erica smith came back in.I really think Shan Moore would have been really developed if we didn't mess up the chemistry of the team but its hard to have someone like erica smith and not use her.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

You are exactly right, beaux. I wanted Antony, but that was not a huge blow not to get her. We not only have a core coming back, we have a great class coming in plus a transfer that will be eligible this year. I do wish we could land a big girl on the inside. I think that would help tremendously, but I hope that Decimen is getting stronger and working out over the summer. She certainly showed some flashes of greatness last year - she just was not consistent. We are LOADED at the guard spots.

While I still have hope that we will sign one more, I think that we really need a good year under our belt. Any time a program undergoes a change like we just did, you need a good year to show recruits that we are for real. Toward the end of last year, especially, the problem was more about coaching than who was on the floor. It was, also, about conditioning. I was not lucky enough (sarcasm) to attend one of the games that we lost, but hearing from other people, it sounded like we just fizzled out. Even in many of our victories, that happened as well.

There is a tendency on this board to go to the "the sky is falling" mentality, but I don't think that is happening at all. I think we are in a transition phase. This next year will be important.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We won't be hurting at guard this coming year. After that? Well, guess we'll see.

I hope Boyd figures into the PT more and is a go-to player. She has a nice stroke on her shot, best on the team, and should be a huge scorer for us. I think she was under-utilized this year.

We were not just below average up front...we were woeful! I agree with Dogswin, and am just gonna pronounce us DEAD last in post defensive stats for this past season.

On a sidenote, anyone catch Budke's interview on that show: Big 12 Showcase. At the end, after MUCH prodding from the reporter, Budke agreed that at Oklahoma State he can recruit the type of players to compete for the Final Four, which he could NOT do at little Louisiana Tech.

Before you get into an uproar, I have to say that it appeared Budke did not want to go there. He side-stepped that question several times, instead focusing on the positives at Tech and now in his new challenge at OSU. But the reporter kept harping on the notion that Okie State opens doors for Budke as a coach, that were slammed-shut at Tech. I think Budke finally agreed just so the reporter would let it drop.

Oh well. Budke is now at Okie State, so he should say all the right things about his new gig.

Well....Coach Long is now my favorite WBB coach. Get it done, Coach!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

[QUOTE=dawg80]
    On a sidenote, anyone catch Budke's interview on that show: Big 12 Showcase. At the end, after MUCH prodding from the reporter, Budke agreed that at Oklahoma State he can recruit the type of players to compete for the Final Four, which he could NOT do at little Louisiana Tech.

QUOTE]

That's very interesting coming from someone that just signed 3 jucos for the year. Did he sign anyone else? I can't see how you can build a program that way. JMHO

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think it would be much easier to recruit athletes using the program's name instead of the conference's name, but we shall see.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

An employee should be evaluated on the basis of whether he/she left his/her job (program) in better or worse shape than when he/she took the job.

Butt-key damn near ruined the Techsters.

jmo

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    That's very interesting coming from someone that just signed 3 jucos for the year. Did he sign anyone else? I can't see how you can build a program that way. JMHO
    Budke signed JUCO #4 this week, this time a 5-11 guard from Brazil who made 41% from 3-point range this past season.

If all 12 possible returnees are back for the Cowgirls, the roster would have no freshmen, 5 sophomores, 9 juniors, and 2 seniors. Major roster imbalance IMO.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As I said, Budke was obviously uncomfortable with the question. I give him credit for trying to steer clear of that nonsense.

I agree with Champion, it's more about the program, than the conference. Yes, being in a big/good conference certainly helps. But, all you have to do is look at Vandy and Kentucky in football....hello! They are in the best conference for football and they still suck!

In WBB, even a conference like the Big 12 (which is over-rated IMO) has to have doormats. Hello Okie State!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    As I said, Budke was obviously uncomfortable with the question.
    He damn sure ought to be uncomfortable with the question.

Any recruiting deficiencies the Techsters have had for the past 3 years can be put right on his sorry-arse self.

jmo

+ Reply to Thread