+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bowl possibility for WAC?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

New Bowl possibility for WAC?

Updated: April 27, 2005, 10:07 PM ET
    New bowl staged one week before Holiday Bowl

Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- This city's second postseason college football game will be called the Poinsettia Bowl and be sponsored by the San Diego County Credit Union.

Holiday Bowl officials also said Wednesday that they expect the Poinsettia Bowl to produce approximately $20 million annually during what traditionally is the slowest week of the year for the local tourism industry.

The Poinsettia Bowl will be played Dec. 22 at Qualcomm Stadium. It will be run by the same officials who will then stage the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 29.

The Poinsettia Bowl will match a team from the Mountain West Conference against an at-large team. The Poinsettia Bowl, licensed last week by the NCAA, has received support from the Western Athletic Conference, Conference USA and Navy.

The Poinsettia Bowl was the second choice in a poll that named the Holiday Bowl in 1978. The nation's biggest poinsettia producer, Ecke Ranch, is in northern San Diego County

Varsity Bulldog LSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the earsLSUcks seems to have something between the ears LSUcks's Avatar

Re: New Bowl possibility for WAC?

Their going to run out of flowers one of these days! Then What?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LSUcks
    Their going to run out of flowers one of these days! Then What?
    The NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) Sinsemilla Bowl.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG
    Updated: April 27, 2005, 10:07 PM ET
    New bowl staged one week before Holiday Bowl
    The Poinsettia Bowl will match a team from the Mountain West Conference against an at-large team. The Poinsettia Bowl, licensed last week by the NCAA, has received support from the Western Athletic Conference, Conference USA and Navy.
    Well I'm glad they got Navy's vote of approval!
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Varsity Bulldog KayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around hereKayBee isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by LostInOzBulldog
    Well I'm glad they got Navy's vote of approval!
    well they've been bowl eligible the last two seasons and they're an independent team so I see nothing wrong with it....the bowl doesn't sound very inticing anyway

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

The Poinsetta Bowl...that is bad...what is next? the Tampon bowl or maybe the Massengale Bowl??

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I am willing to bet it will get plenty of love over on the left coast. The Holiday Bowl is a big deal in San Diego.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    The Poinsetta Bowl...that is bad...what is next? the Tampon bowl or maybe the Massengale Bowl??
    Could be worse...the Pansy Bowl

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

The Poulan Weedeater Independance Bowl. Yeah, I know we went there once, but come on.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    The Poulan Weedeater Independance Bowl. Yeah, I know we went there once, but come on.
    I know that this is probably chauvinistic, but at least a weedeater is masculine. Football is masculine. But then again, there is the Rose bowl.

Whatever the name of the bowl is, I just wish we were playing in one.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Whatever the name of the bowl is, I just wish we were playing in one.
    Right on.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Football is masculine. But then again, there is the Rose bowl.
    This isn't a contradiction, this bowl is for the pansy PAC-10. But, I wish we were at least in a bowl as well. At least if we beat UNT, we can say that we were over qualified for the NO bowl.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I'd be happy at any bowl this year as long as we don't continue in the toilet bowl. Call it what you want, I just want TECH to get to a bowl this year.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Weedeaters must have been the latest hot product for the Poulan Chainsaw makers of Shreveport. Otherwise, they would have given the bowl a really macho name, the Poulan Chainsaw Bowl.

Real men don't use a weedeater when a chainsaw is available!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Weedeaters must have been the latest hot product for the Poulan Chainsaw makers of Shreveport. Otherwise, they would have given the bowl a really macho name, the Poulan Chainsaw Bowl.

Real men don't use a weedeater when a chainsaw is available!
    I shave with a machete.

+ Reply to Thread