+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN.com Write-Up on Kansas

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Re: ESPN.com Write-Up on Kansas

To wind up with our record last year -- considering the strength of our schedule -- definitely takes us out of the cupcake/twinkie category.

It's true that the big -- top 25 -- BCS programs schedule us for an almost guaranteed win, they don't lose respect for playing us.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bustle
    do you really think Florida Atlantic is a cupcake?

they did work Hawaii last year...
    True, but , Hawaii was really off their game to start the year and they finished strong to get bowl eligible. They were in shambles and had to pull up their bootstraps an git-r-done. But I gotta give FAU credit its always nice to pull out a win on the islands.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    To wind up with our record last year -- considering the strength of our schedule -- definitely takes us out of the cupcake/twinkie category.

It's true that the big -- top 25 -- BCS programs schedule us for an almost guaranteed win, they don't lose respect for playing us.

Bill - I'm not necessarily talking about the way we see ourselves or what we think of ourselves. I'm basically referring to the way the announcers and commentators talk about us when they are showing someone's OOC schedule and referring to the easy wins leading up to their conference schedules. They lump us in with the rest of the punching bags for the big boys. We need to change that perception with some sensable scheduling and some good coaching. That being said, I think the next two year's schedules are much more reasonable.

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

CBS Sportsline Non-BCS Top Ten (Main Board)

posted by MeanGreen61 , 05-06-2005, 17:23, from 216.146.16.94

Non-BCS top 10:
    1. Fresno State;
    2. Boise State;
    3. Utah;
    4. Wyoming;
    5. Memphis;
    6. Bowling Green;
    7. UTEP;
    8. Miami (Ohio);
    9. Toledo;
    10.North Texas.

Page 2 scroll down to last paragraph
    http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/8447169/1

QB Joey Byerly

ought to be a good game.......

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bustle
    Non-BCS top 10:
    1. Fresno State;
    2. Boise State;
    3. Utah;
    4. Wyoming;
    5. Memphis;
    6. Bowling Green;
    7. UTEP;
    8. Miami (Ohio);
    9. Toledo;
    10.North Texas.

Wow! the new CUSA is so well represented. Not!

No surprise about the two sitting at the top.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

BAH!.... Boise should be at the top most definitely!! Fresno continues to underwhelm, though they're not bad and do belong on the list. North Texas needed to be there just because they always win their conference, albeit a crappy one. They can prove their worth this year against the great state of Louisiana against LaTech, ULL, ULM, and LSU. They should've scheduled Tulane just to round'em out. North Texas is decent, don't wanna slam you Green guys, but ya need to prove it this year, rather than pummelling the Belt and losing most of your non-conf. sched every year. I may be casting the stone, but I know.. same argument for LaTech. and UTEP...? they FINALLY did something. I wanna see if they can keep it up, 'cause they've historically sucked horribly. My stomach sank watching us lose last year. *By the way, their fans traveled reasonably well to that game, I thought.*

North Texas vs. Louisiana Tech 2005.. can't WAIT!! Time to throw some tortillas back at them!! I keed I keed!

+ Reply to Thread