+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech golf takes 5th

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

Tech golf takes 5th

What an improvement for Coach Jean Hall and the Tech golf team

They shot a team total 910 for the 3 days ...par 824
    5th place in the tournament
    Last 2 years we placed last (10th)

Derek Busby was low Tech golfer with a 3 day total 221 that's 5 over par..

Derek tied for 4th for low individual golfer in the Tournament

SMU won on a forfeit by Tulsa
    They were tied at 889 after the three days
    The Tulsa coach didn't want to play the playoff hole to determine the championship because he didn't want to miss their flight back.....

I wasn't in on all the conversations between the WAC official and the Tulsa coach but the bottom line was the Tulsa coach said it didn't matter to them--their flight was more important--both Tulsa and SMU has already qualified for regionals so he wasn't worried about that...
    Not going to go any further than that ---anyone who heard all the fuss can post if they like.....it wasn't really friendly between Tulsa coach and the WAC guy....SMU wanted to play the playoff hole--they wanted to win it fair and square...

After about 30 minutes of talk when the final cards turned in....the two teams returned to hole number 18 to begin----I was on the hill behind the 18th green and about 10 minutes later the SMU golfers were going to their drives to pick up as the Tulsa coach and players returned via golf carts....

The WAC official said it was a forfeit....SMU won....

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Re: Tech golf takes 5th

Sad to hear that Tulsa had to leave and not finish the tournament. I understand that they will qualify for regionals, but it seems to me like they just quit at the end.

I finally made it out there today and it was amazing. That was my first time to Squire Creek and I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was. I had hoped that we would've done better today, but overall I think we did a good job compared to the past. We will be very good in the future, and with a course like Squire Creek as our home the golf team will represent Tech very well. Good luck in '06!

Does anyone know if the 2006 WAC championship be held here again?

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Benny,
    Boise St. will host the 2006 WAC Championship, not sure when it will be here again. To comment abot the Tulsa coach he showed absolutley no class while he was here. He told Joe the WAC represenitive " that this tournament means nothing." I would hate to know that my head coach thinks that our conference tourny means nothing. You could see the disgust in the faces of theTulsa players when the coach forfeited. But congrats to SMU on a GREAT tournament.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Did anybody see her at the tournament?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/popupWindow/...191598,00.html

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I guess that picture was not as funny as I thought it was. It certainly made me chuckle.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I guess that picture was not as funny as I thought it was. It certainly made me chuckle.
    Well you're supposed to keep your eye on the ball!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread